90 Days and Under Club

Old 07-12-2008, 02:09 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Friends, still sober and the sea, all good my friend
Old 07-12-2008, 10:26 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Bonjour Fizzychops....
...."ooooooooooohhhhhhh my bonnie lies over the ocean, my bonnie lies over the sea...."
Thats one of yours isn't it?
I'm turning into an old man...there's a rave going on in the next field....I feel like complaining....bl***dy kids having a good time...drinking and smoking and dancing till dawn and having rumpy pumpy....outrageous!
Old 07-12-2008, 10:32 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Lots of hijinks in here lately. Hooded sweatshirts, day 59s... what's next, whoopee cushions?

I'm doing pretty well on day 69. Feeling like "Being" instead of "doing," and that's a big change for me. Rock on everyone. You're doing great.

-- NM
Old 07-12-2008, 11:44 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
To Thine Own Self Be True

Hi all!
I had a very good Day #65. Happy to see we are all still on the bus.
Old 07-13-2008, 07:49 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Hi all! Glad to see everyone is doing so well. Benji are you feeling some sour grapes towards those kids?? We've lived it dear. Hope everyone has a wonderful day today and I'm off to work at the thrift shop today for a couple of hours. Hopefully I won't bring home a lot of trinkets and stuff. Its a volunteer job, but I spend, spend, spend. Hugs to everyone.

How's the weather in Cornwall Benj??
Old 07-13-2008, 08:00 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Just back from a rave in a field with some kids.

Had a great time apart from some grump English bloke going on and on.

Half way through day 66 here in sunny Scotland
Old 07-13-2008, 09:54 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

58 Days today!

Hi sober family,
I haven't been here in so long!
I just got a reminder email....it worked!!!
I am so happy to have 58 days, it has taken me so long to get here, I am cherishing every moment being sober!!
I am blessed with having a sponsor that is very similar to me in just about every way!!!! What a blessing.
I have also found my higher power! THAT IS HUGE!!! and wonderful!
I hope you all are doing great!
Take care, Amy
Old 07-13-2008, 11:01 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Well done you all...splendid stuff...I got over my worries with the raving kids....i went over to say hello and there was this REALLY drunk Scottish bloke...dribbling...and all red and sweaty....he reminded me how good it is to be sober and English and not wobbly and Scottish. ...Has anyone seen Fizzy today? ...just wondering?
Old 07-13-2008, 11:18 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

44 days and counting here.........
er...actually I'm not counting. I have to take the calendar and count up the days every time I want to put them down.
Maybe counting days isn't all that important to me.......that or I just really dislike math

point is I'm still doing well - and now that I think about it - the time went by really fast. I really hope I get to say "so I have a year clean now............."
eventually. that would be cool
Old 07-13-2008, 12:27 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

A year would be very good Klynn, thats what I'd love as well.

Trouble is I just want it done now though, this one day at a time lark takes forever.

Last few days seem to have been harder for me for some reason, the week before was a daddle as well, can't quite sort out in my mind whats different.
Old 07-13-2008, 12:33 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Benji - I've just PM'd you the scripts for what passes as us Brits doing witty banter for the coming week as per usual.

Have a read and let me know if its ok.

Thought we'd have you looking a bit foolish at the start of a week but coming back strongly with some great one liners on thursday/friday.
Old 07-13-2008, 12:47 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
To Thine Own Self Be True

Happy Sunday all!
I had a dream last night where I refused a drink.
Woohooo!!
Old 07-13-2008, 01:11 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Day 27 for me. I will keep counting and keep praying
Old 07-13-2008, 01:34 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Believe me the time went much faster BEFORE I fell off and had a drink...the first week back on has taken forever....but feeling great again...optimistic and ready for any alien invasions or such like happenings.
Old 07-13-2008, 01:36 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Day 1 here.
Old 07-13-2008, 01:48 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Fizzy...isn't it time for the 'summer special' Ben n Fizzy go to Southend? Cameo's from the Negman and the gals?
...or maybe 'the best of'...we could sing some songs...do some chat...you could do your impression of a puddle...i could juggle a panda and an avocodo whilst driving a golf cart....I feel we've done the benji looks foolish script...yeah yeah...fizzy takes all the glory...I know...how about you get really trollyed...and I tell all the fans about the benefits of being sober...and look great in the process...and get the sexy girl...whilst you get arrested by a burley copper who says something like...'if only you were a little more like that great bloke over there...' (pointing at yours truely) ...and you get sent down for a five stretch whilst I marry the sexy girl and retire to do after dinner speeches and life coaching...how about that? ..you in?
Old 07-13-2008, 01:50 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Fizzy...isn't it time for the 'summer special' Ben n Fizzy go to Southend? Cameo's from the Negman and the gals?
...or maybe 'the best of'...we could sing some songs...do some chat...you could do your impression of a puddle...i could juggle a panda and an avocodo whilst driving a golf cart....I feel we've done the benji looks foolish script...yeah yeah...fizzy takes all the glory...I know...how about you get really trollyed...and I tell all the fans about the benefits of being sober...and look great in the process...and get the sexy girl...whilst you get arrested by a burley copper who says something like...'if only you were a little more like that great bloke over there...' (pointing at yours truely) ...and you get sent down for a five stretch whilst I marry the sexy girl and retire to do after dinner speeches and life coaching...how about that? ..you in?
Old 07-13-2008, 01:52 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

...er...think i'm seeing double....better go to bed....bless you all. Goodnight!
Old 07-14-2008, 07:42 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Day 28 for me. I am a ball of emotions today. I could probably cry at nothing and I am not one to cry. I am scared of failure. I guess that is what I have always been afraid of. I am afraid of failing and not being seen as perfect.

I have a good job, my own place, a car, I volunteer all the time. I help everyone that comes along and still I feel empty. I know it is the disease now and my compulsion but I do not know how to stop feeling this way.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:12 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

drip, drip, splash, splash,

anyone able to do a better online impression of a puddle ?

I'm in Benj, ain't going to do the trollyed bit though, watching my weight you understand.

I'm happily married so I'll help you get the girl as well, not that I'm suggesting for a minute you need the help old chap.