Notices

Any Moms Out There Keeping Sane While Not Using Part 28

Old 05-20-2007, 09:31 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

I'm home...things have gone from bad to worse...

The dog wasn't doing so well, I brought her home, things escalated. He shoved me out the door and I fell into the car and bashed my head, the neighbors called the police and they arrested him for domestic battery.

Could things possibly get more f'd up for me????????????
Old 05-20-2007, 09:37 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

No f'n way!!! You so don't need this crap! It is definitely time to take care of you!

Love you Sweetie
Old 05-20-2007, 09:47 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

(((((Rubster)))))
Old 05-21-2007, 12:24 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Ruby, I"m so sorry to hear about what's happening to you. I look for you whenever I log into messenger and haven't seen you lately. I was hoping things were improving. I guess not. Be strong. You can live happily without a man!

jules, I'm glad to hear that you made it back. I hope this time you are able to do something differently to help sobriety become a part of you rather than just a passing good wave. It's great that your hub is standing strong next to you.

penguin, I haven't followed exactly what's up with your man, but prayers are sent for him. I hope you can be strong and continue to be an example that he can learn from.

scoot, my gosh you certainly travel a lot! Did you make it to a meeting? Darn that hubby of yours. I also worry sometimes that my hub will never leave only because he made a committment. That perhaps he's begging inside for me to just walk away and let it be my fault. But he swears now that it's not the case so I'll believe him. We're in a good place right now. He's been making an effort to be more positive and helping me when he can see I'm down.

I'm trying to be a beacon of positivity in my home (LOL) but that all fell to crap when I had a meltdown last night. I couldn't bring myself to play a game with the family because I was so upset and my daughter said, "That was the past, this game is the future, so play with us." I was so happy to hear her say something she learned from me. We played the game and had fun. This week my two sons are on school trips so the house will be very quiet. I'm so excited.
Old 05-21-2007, 03:21 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Laura_P View Post
Petey- tell us a little about Smokey..I'm guessing boy? Active and rambunctious or shy and timid? Just to help us out with names......

I'm bringing home a pup tomorrow, too. Possibly to stay, but we're doing a trial to see how she gets along with my other dog. If all goes well, and DH approves, maybe we'll be naming her as well! Right now her name is Maddie, but my DD is Madeline, so that won't work. My other dog is Rascal.
My dog's name is Maddie
Old 05-21-2007, 03:29 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

DAY by DAY - DAILY MEDITATIONS

May 21, 2007

Passing it on

Before we can help others, we must first help ourselves. If we acknowledge our chemical dependency problems and seek to change, we are growing. In growing, we have something to offer others.

As those before us have helped us grow, we in turn, can help others grow. We can passi it on.

Am I growing and passing it on?

Higher Power, help me realize that as I grow through your love, others grow through my love for them.
Old 05-21-2007, 03:40 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Ruby, that's it! I'm coming to Indiana to kick that little f*ckers arse! He hasn't experienced nothing until he's had the Mailman go freaking postal on his dumbass! There's nothing I can't stand more than a man laying a finger on ANY woman....I hope he enjoyed his night in jail. Get a restraining order, pack his sh!t and leave it on the freaking sidewalk.....(OK Cheryl, calm down.....deep breaths) :
Old 05-21-2007, 05:07 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Good Morning..... keep our Ruby in your thoughts, mamas. She has some hard days ahead.

c'est- you sound like you are doing ok... I hope so. I worry about you. Stay strong and be true to yourself!

CDTE & CUTE

Sending love to you Jules.

A lot of moms need our combined strength. This is what it is all about. Give it away.

No new word on the baby- brain scan and tests today.

Have a good morning. xoxo T
Old 05-21-2007, 05:18 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

FYI** If you are interested... you can go to www.suubi.net to go to the site that tells you about the kids who are here from Uganda...
Old 05-21-2007, 05:31 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

OMG,(((((RUBY)))))

I'm so glad the police hauled his a$$ away! Serves him right! You deserve so much better! Pack his sh!t, change the locks, and get a restraining order!
Old 05-21-2007, 05:34 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

hey mums

support is not always about pointing fingers. When I point at someone or something three fingers point back at me.

Kevin
Old 05-21-2007, 05:45 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Here's a picture of the dog. She's only a year old and just had two pups. She's only 15 pounds, don't know what breed. We're meeting her today. The couple who was fostering her while she was caring for her pups are keeping one, but the black one is avialable! We don't really want a puppy, so I think Maddie would be the perfect fit. She actially looks alot like Rascal (in my Avatar), only ALOT smaller! He's 50 pounds! ( He wasn't sipposed to get that big... his mommy was only 19 pounds)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
maddy-dog.JPG (53.1 KB, 64 views)
Old 05-21-2007, 05:46 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

And here are her pups....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Bear and Beau.jpg (39.4 KB, 62 views)
Old 05-21-2007, 06:09 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Laura!!!! The black one looks like Mia! Dolly is my vote! So cuuuuuuute!
Old 05-21-2007, 06:18 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nogard View Post
hey mums

support is not always about pointing fingers. When I point at someone or something three fingers point back at me.

Kevin
Hi, Kev-O.. you are right about that, of course... but you have to know how close we mamas are- and I don't care what is going on or who is at "fault", violence should never be acceptable behavior.- for whatever reason. I hope that whatever the situation may be, all parties get the help needed. IMHO...
Old 05-21-2007, 06:26 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

OMG! They are so friggin cute! I want one
Originally Posted by Nogard
OK, I want to respond sooooooo bad.....BUT I'm going to TRY to refrain. OK, nevermind restraint....this is me practicing "self-will". There is NO EXCUSE whatsoever for ANY MAN to lay a hand on ANY WOMAN! EVER! I don't give a sh!t what happened. That finger can point back to me all it wants.....You don't know the half of it Kevin. deep breaths.......deep breaths
Old 05-21-2007, 06:26 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Hi to all of the Mommies. It is really great to see a group of women supporting each other.

I have a stupid question...........what does DH mean?

I have not had a drink for 12 days, but I still have night sweats.........any idea when they may stop?
Old 05-21-2007, 06:33 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Hi blueberry Girl......DH can mean a number of things. In Ruby's case it means
D!CKHEAD HUSBAND, in most cases it means Devoted husband or darling husband.

oh, BTW....Welcome! We're not usually this fiesty (well, at least I'm not)
Old 05-21-2007, 06:34 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

and congratulations on 12 days.....way to go. Don't know about the night sweats...i still wake up sweaty, eeeewwwww
Old 05-21-2007, 06:34 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Hi Blueberry girl- DH can stand for 2 things- on this particular morning it definitely stands for D!CK HEAD... some use it for dear husband..... we can usually tell which one you are referring to!

Your body will go thru all sorts of funky stuff... like going from a popcorn and chips gal to a sweet/chocolate fiend!!! Ride it out and come visit us often.

Good job on 12 days!!!!! Tell us about yourself.

I drank- usually wine - but not really too particular. I have a daughter 12 almost 13 and a son 11 almost 12.

When things start to feel overwhelming, please come here! Breathe and Post!