Notices

Any Moms Out There Keeping Sane While Not Using Part 28

Old 05-25-2007, 01:22 AM
  # 401 (permalink)  

nyc, I'm so glad to hear that the stress didn't lead to drinking. I truly believe that coming here to SR and posting our feelings and experiences lets the stopper out of the tank of rage so that we can move on a little easier.

I'm also very sad to think that this thread may be closed since it has helped so many of us hold onto recovery tighter than we may have alone. I know it's made a huge difference in my life. I also understand that the moderators and admin need to stick to policy so that other cases of simple chat don't become the norm. We should be glad that they allowed it to get to part 28 so that our bonds, trust, and support had time to blossom.
Old 05-25-2007, 02:24 AM
  # 402 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Originally Posted by Smyle View Post
recovery it is
I have 1 year clean and I am an addict....
my name is Kevin I am an addict and I have not used any drugs today.

I am proud to be art SR with all who are here recovering and as such support this thread.

Kevin
Old 05-25-2007, 03:44 AM
  # 403 (permalink)  

Good Morning all,

Here i am at work on two hours sleep, suddenly feeling the brunt of the on set of memorial day weekend.......if I hear one more add for a beach party weekiend or a summer opener beer fest I am going to sream. Being at the beach this is a huge party weekend and the first one since I was 15 that I won't be drinking through.

Still havn't finished my paper, have a good day all.
Old 05-25-2007, 03:52 AM
  # 404 (permalink)  

DAY by DAY - DAILY MEDITATIONS

May 25, 2007

Living in the now

"Just for today." "Live in the now." "It's a twenty-four hour program." Ask for sobriety and cleanness each day upon arising. Take a daily inventory.

Such slogans and recommendations show that our predecessors considered the twenty-four approach to be pretty important.

Can I see how this is true? Do I practice living one day at a time?

God, grant me the patience to live in today and the insight for a better tomorrow.
Old 05-25-2007, 04:23 AM
  # 405 (permalink)  

It's going to stay open, and stay put for a while...
Old 05-25-2007, 05:14 AM
  # 406 (permalink)  

Good morning-

I was afraid to log on this morning- afraid we wouldn't be here... I'm glad we are.

Cheryl- good daily post- as always. I really need to be reminded to stay in the moment, especially now. I'm really struggling to get thru one moment at a time.

Late to teach at the gym! More later.

Just know I love you all and NEED you all!!!!!

CDTE & CUTE

xoxo T
Old 05-25-2007, 06:44 AM
  # 407 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,
I know that if I didn't feel comfortable here, I would never confess to drinking when I had slipped...I would probably just keep drinking. I feel so supported and loved here, that it's like coming to my family for help. The amazing people here show me many different sides of sobriety and many different ways of getting through times of crisis without picking up a drink. Sure it gets a little chatty sometimes, but we have never excluded anyone, and actively encouraged newcomers to join in, knowing they will get undivided one-hundred per cent support in their recovery here.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:00 AM
  # 408 (permalink)  

i feel at home posting here and i am glad this this thread will continue cause i know as a new comer to sr it got my attention and held it for over 2 months (that is a record for me as i am a.d.d) i have never been a part of any sort of posting forums or chatting on im until i met everyone here i let my guard down for the world to see--i remember the feeling i had the first time i posted---scared -embarrassed --nervous--but all those feelings quickly subsided as miss jane was fisrt to respond and might i add very quickly---right away i just knew i have found the place i need to be for my recovery--my addiction has taken an amazing turn since i have started here instaed of retaliating and being angry and placing blame on everyone else for my addiction and going to jail etc.. i have "accepted the things i cannot change and changed the things i COULD" even though i still CRAVE my beloved vicodin EVERYDAY these ladies keep me grounded you all just never know--you just may have kept me out of jail and home with my kids where i belong i cant type anymore cause i am crying but i want all of you to know i love and thank you
Old 05-25-2007, 09:34 AM
  # 409 (permalink)  

not sure what to do....I am gonna think about it....

my recovery is solid but I am struggling with some resentments...I will be around, just not as much. til i work through this...

you know where to find me..or call or IM....

I love you mom's and those that follow our daily struggles...

you are all on my minds and in my heart....

much love,
~beezy
Old 05-25-2007, 09:39 AM
  # 410 (permalink)  

I'm with you Beezy...what's the sense in posting if it's just going to be removed? I have a HUGE resentment right now so it's just better that i stay away....and it really doesn't even have anything to do with the "issue".....i had a simple post removed, there was nothing wrong with it in my opinion....maybe that's the problem..we have opinions.

toodles!
Old 05-25-2007, 11:40 AM
  # 411 (permalink)  

Yooo Hooo! Hi Mom's. I'm looking for my mommy fix before I have to go to work. Where are you all? I can see something happened here. I don't know what and that is ok. But I worry if you all scatter in the wind here. I wish I would have reached out sooner. Even if I haven't shared much, as I have told you before this thread has been a huge source of support for me. Hope to find some of you back and posting when I get home from work tonight. Yep, I guess it is selfish of me. I'm not trying to dismiss any anger or pain any of you might be experiencing. I just haven't got a life yet and this place really helps me get through my days and nights.
Old 05-25-2007, 12:08 PM
  # 412 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Everybody,

Some posts were removed when a group of inappropriate posts was removed. It was because the posts left over, didn't make any sense on their own.

I am so glad to see the Moms back posting and supporting each other.