Notices

Any Moms Out There Keeping Sane While Not Using Part 28

Old 05-20-2007, 09:14 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Jules,
call your sponsor, call other people in the program, find a meeting....read the Big Book, take a nap....you are definitely not alone. I know how hard it is to get going again...but once you get the wheels moving it will get easier.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:14 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

I said I'm on PUKE PATROL!!! How super is that????????
Old 05-20-2007, 09:17 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

i know...i know...but you know...

when i'm on puke patrol, i don't attempt to do anything except laundry and carpet-cleaning...not host international entertainers ;-)

just take the compliment, silly.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:18 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Cheryl's right- she's so wise... have you called your sponsor. I feel sure she will be glad to hear from you and she'll tell you she loves you.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:19 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

they are little kids and they are SOOOOOOOO cute! Becca said... mama, I want to bring home some Uganda kids!!!

Thanks, Scoot
Old 05-20-2007, 10:03 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Everyone on here rocks! There is always someone around to pick one of us up when we are down!!!

Jules, you can do this! Trust in yourself! You too Scoot.

Well, I got Smokey. I can pick him up tomorrow, maybe today!!!!!!!!!!

Yippee!!!!!
Old 05-20-2007, 10:21 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

congratulations petie!

does that mean we get to throw a puppy shower for you? i have declared myself the official auntie of all the dogs of the mommas on this thread. i have to live vicariously through you all....

he's adorable!
Old 05-20-2007, 12:05 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

(((((Jules))))))) You CAN do this sweetie!!!! And we are all right here to walk through with you!

((((Tam))))) ((((Scoot))))) Thanks my mommas!! I am gearing up for this now, trying not to go out there with a chip on my shoulder and calmly set some boundaries (again) but I know it will be laden with denial. I took Mom to the grocery earlier and brooched the subject with her, of course I got the usual "I cant picture him saying that, especially to AJ!" I said well, he must have because he said it to sissy too but she wouldnt give me details, only that she was here for 20 seconds when he started so she left.
Its sad, Mom just now stuck her head in my door and wanted to know if I would like to sit out on the patio with her...I asked her what kind of shape Dad is in because I need to talk to them both....her reply......I dont know, we will need to count the beer cans sitting on the counter first!****Sigh***** wish me luck........I really do NOT want this to be a pi$$ing match, in fact I wont let it but I know it will do no good, I just feel I owe it to my son to speak up!
Love Liss
Old 05-20-2007, 03:13 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Ladies - I took so many naps today - and I am going to a meeting at 7:00. DH took it all really well but I know he is super worried about me at this point.....but he did say it is up to me and I have to do the work.....the urges are what gets me. Feeling as if I cannot make it throughtout the day without SOMETHING.....that I cannot do it all without a crutch, ya know?
Old 05-20-2007, 03:25 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Jules - you can do it. It's 6:22 now, your meeting is in 35-40 minutes.....go early, talk to someone there, get some phone numbers. Before you know it, this day will be over. Have you considered rehab? That might be the thing you need this time around...keep an open mind, what can it hurt?

Hang in there girlfriend
Old 05-20-2007, 03:31 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

jules....hang in there and know you are not alone........I will pray for you and I will be watching out for you ........work the steps and let God be your guide.......I know you can do it...................Talk to someone at a meeting and your sponsor..................speak out at a meeting and others will listen and reach out to you .....I know from experience.......it really works if you work at it..........................Keep the faith.........

Everyone else...........Hugs to you all......I am here just for today even though I don't feel like being here...............I am down a bit and wating for my other half to get his life back..........He has slipped a bit and I am really not happy about it.........I have kept my program going and when someone you love is going the wrong way it is tough...................................I just want to beat someone or something up.............I just don't know what to do with my anger......................thought I married the perfect man and this is what I get after almost 9 years...................can't give up just yet and want things to work out........................till the end....................I pray that God will work miricles in this little life just for today..........................

Little Penguin
Old 05-20-2007, 05:47 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Way to go, Liss- I hope the talk went better than ok...

Rest, Jules- get your strength so you can take care of yourself. Weren't you in rehab before? I was thinking you were. Do you feel differently this time? I hope so, sweetie. You are going to kill off this didease and become a stronger and happier you!

Penguin- thanks for checking in with us. I think of you often and wish things weren't so turbulent for you.

Congrats on the doggie, Petie!!! Can we have a name-the-dog contest???
Old 05-20-2007, 06:35 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Hey...I just had dinner thrown in my face! Literally...evidently I wasn't home from my nephews graduation party early enough or when I said I would be...whatever! Yeah...a plate of food thrown at ya really makes you want to be here...made arrangements for the kids...packed a bag and I'm out of here!!!!!

Wish me luck...love you guys!
Old 05-20-2007, 06:39 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

(((Ruby))) WHAT A DICK! Want me to kick his A$$?

Last edited by igfan; 05-20-2007 at 06:41 PM. Reason: cause i said "kiss his ass" instead of "Kick his ass"
Old 05-20-2007, 06:39 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Wow Ruby sorry things are so ******, good for you getting out... stay focused and set some goals.... just take one day at a time

((((((Ruby))))))
Old 05-20-2007, 06:46 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Howdy doo! Name the weimy would be awesome. Let's start tomorrow!!!!! I'll send some of my home made cookies to the winner!

Penguin, keep truckin. It will get better.

Jules, I know it is a cliche, but one day at a time. We are here for ya!

Ruby, two words. Frying pan.

I swear our men have dumb meters that all go off at the same time!

Love you girls. Pick up Smokey on Tuesday. I'll post pics that day.
Old 05-20-2007, 08:56 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Jules- Hang in there, sweetie. You are stronger than you give yourself credit. I feel really bad for you about your situation with your neighbor. Just don't worry about them right now. You have to focus on yourself. It's awesome that your DH is supportive of you. Lean on him, on your friends, whatever it takes. Good for you for finding a meeting. Keep in touch!

Ruby- I can't believe he actually THREW your dinner at you!!!!! WTF?????? Good for you for getting the @#$% outta there!! Be strong!

Liss-Hope the conversation with the parents went well. You are doing the right thing in standing up for your son and for yourself! Parents or not, they have no right to talk about you like that, especially not to a teenage boy! You have done so well at setting boundaries and sticking to them lately, I know this situation will not be different. Stick to your guns, girl!

Penguin- It's so hard to see someone that you love hurting themselves. Especially with a disease that you yourself fight everyday. I will keep both of you in my prayers.

Scoot- Stay strong out there in Cali! When do you come back?

Anyone heard from Candy or Kimmie lately?????? We miss you ladies!!!!
Old 05-20-2007, 09:01 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Petey- tell us a little about Smokey..I'm guessing boy? Active and rambunctious or shy and timid? Just to help us out with names......

I'm bringing home a pup tomorrow, too. Possibly to stay, but we're doing a trial to see how she gets along with my other dog. If all goes well, and DH approves, maybe we'll be naming her as well! Right now her name is Maddie, but my DD is Madeline, so that won't work. My other dog is Rascal.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:24 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Hi-

Everyone is tucked in here- my poor son has been sick all day! He will definitely be home from school tomorrow. My daughter isn't going to school either- she's going to hang out with the little girls we have. They are so sweet. They are 9 & 10 and have been in the states for 2 wks. They will be away from home thru July. What a long time!

Rubster called to tell me she was pulling a Tammy. Not only did she pack a bag and go... she took the dog! HA! That'll **** him off more than anything!! What a dick. Dinner in the face has pretty much guaranteed him bonehead/******** award for many weeks to come! I'll check in with our Roving Redhead tomorrow...

Thinking of you AylaBoop....

Another weekend down....... Jules, a new beginning for you!

Laura and Petie-- doggie info, please. The alternate name for Mia was going to be Dolly, but Mia won out. We have Champ and Mia. Rascal is a very cute name!

Sweet dreams mamas.

xoxo T
Old 05-20-2007, 09:26 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Hi-

Everyone is tucked in here- my poor son has been sick all day! He will definitely be home from school tomorrow. My daughter isn't going to school either- she's going to hang out with the little girls we have. They are so sweet. They are 9 & 10 and have been in the states for 2 wks. They will be away from home thru July. What a long time!

Rubster called to tell me she was pulling a Tammy. Not only did she pack a bag and go... she took the dog! HA! That'll pi$$ him off more than anything!! What a dick. Dinner in the face has pretty much guaranteed him bonehead/******** award for many weeks to come! I'll check in with our Roving Redhead tomorrow...

Thinking of you AylaBoop....

Another weekend down....... Jules, a new beginning for you!

Laura and Petie-- doggie info, please. The alternate name for Mia was going to be Dolly, but Mia won out. We have Champ and Mia. Rascal is a very cute name!

Sweet dreams mamas.

xoxo T