Notices

Any Moms Out There Keeping Sane While Not Using Part 2

Old 11-01-2006, 09:20 AM
  # 221 (permalink)  

Thanks ayla!

I know! I am going to start posting more! Thank God, my back doesn't hurt today! And my teeth are better! So that is definately a good thing.

I have so much to do, but it's like I don't have the motivation to do it!

I have to call a lady about a job at a womens and childrens hospital. I don't know why, but it seems like the phone weighs about 100 lbs. I guess because that will confirm for me that I am looking for another job. I'm gonna call anyways. It can't hurt right!

Ok, I'm gonna call right now! I'll let you know what happens as soon as I hang up!

Lots of love,
Alissa
Old 11-01-2006, 09:25 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  

Geez...

I just typed out this long post to formally introduce myself to y'all and I have NO IDEA where it went....

Cliff note version...I'm a mom struggling with sobriety and I guess I can now add technologically challenged to that list.

I hope you don't mind me posting here. I also struggle with feeling like I fit in...
Old 11-01-2006, 09:27 AM
  # 223 (permalink)  

I called, and she wants me to fax her my resume. Now, I have to update it!

They are hiring a part time file clerk in December. That would be good if I decide to leave here. Part time would be great to start off, and I could give a notice to my job now. I just don't know yall. I need to get quiet, and talk to God. He'll show me the way!

Hugs,
Alissa
Old 11-01-2006, 09:36 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  

ruby,,,you're a mom, you're sober...and you have a sense of humor...you fit in here, babe....post any time! we love new friends...

alissa...i hope you hear that little whisper that tells you what to do....
Old 11-01-2006, 09:48 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Ruby...welcome...of course you belong here....pull up a chair and let Ayla get you a bowl of her beef stew ??? and some bread.....

I lose some of my replies sometimes too.....

~Beezy
Old 11-01-2006, 09:49 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  

i never lose my posts unless i've been typing for 20 minutes....i get soooo mad!!!!
Old 11-01-2006, 09:53 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  

Mmmm! I love beef stew!!! But I'm trying to be good....thanks to my ex-best friend, Miller Lite, I need to lose about 20 lbs.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:01 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  

Hi Ruby!

I also struggle with the same thing! But don't worry, you fit in great! Glad to have you, my friend!

Hugs,
Alissa
Old 11-01-2006, 10:13 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Hello, Im a mother. hey do we get our own support group on that. Just saying HI, new on here.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:16 AM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone!

Ayla...aren't you the one that likes What Not to Wear? I want to be on that show sooooo bad. Everyone says "you don't dress THAT bad..." Is that a compliment??? I'd much rather hear "you dress great"! But noooooooo, it's just "not that bad"!! Whatever.....
Old 11-01-2006, 10:32 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  

welcome Oda....

yep i always love those left handed compliments or apologies....you just kinda sit there thinking...do I even respond to that ??? chin up....I am always over dressed....like for my hubbies functions....I have always been like that and still do it sometimes...I really have to step away from the outfit and think about it before I get dressed. Oh well...at least I am getting better....
~Beezy
Old 11-01-2006, 10:41 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  

hola friends! i'm home sick today--feel like i'm trashed--light-headed, foggy, reality doesn't feel real. And to top it off, have laryngitis. Not good for a mom. i just know my two older ones are off plotting "how to take advantage of mommy in public because we like that she squeaks instead to screams."

anyhow, welcome newcomers! rubyt, i've seen you around the boards--good to see ya here! i think we started about the same time?

argggghhh, the disappearing posts drive me crazy too. Only happens after you write the most articulate, eloquent and wise emails too! ;-) (er, not that mine aren't always bwahahah)

any day that you get dressed is a good day in my book! lol!

c'est is away for this week, i think.

halloween was really fun for me this year! but i think that's why my voice has gone...

hope ya'll are well and sending you good thoughts

back to bed for me--ok, sofa. still have poor little guy bored to tears here while mommy drags around. what a way to spend my 100th day.

ps. and was it candy who said she knew i looked like meg? well imagine her 15 years later as an alcoholic, overweight, momma. still a little cute but no longer "america's sweetheart". that would be me!
Old 11-01-2006, 10:41 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  

I can spend hours getting ready to go out and all it takes is for my husband to say "you look nice" when what I'm wanting to hear is "you look great" then it's back to the closet....or...my daughter to say "you look great, mom" and then I feel like a 46 year old trying to look like a teenager...back to the closet! No wonder I drive them all crazy! And don't even get me started on the hair...that's a whole novel in itself! lol

Getting dressed was so much easier B.T.B.G.....before the beer gut!!!
Old 11-01-2006, 10:45 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  

My kids love when I get laryngitis!!! I always hated my after-a-binge voice!! I would smoke as much as I drank and wake up the next day sounding like a manly Brenda Vaccaro! Ughhhh!!!
Old 11-01-2006, 10:56 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  

my husband refuses to comment on anything i wear. he says, "you dress for you." darn. he's figured out that he can't win on that one.

i used to have a mirror that had "you are beautiful" written on it. was a good reminder. also a button that had a great frida kahlo quote (which darn it i can't remember right now) something like "i invent myself every day."

the great thing is that, no matter what, we are becoming more beautiful just by being sober. no more red noses or flushed cheeks, red eyes, etc.
Old 11-01-2006, 12:32 PM
  # 236 (permalink)  

Wow--the thread is hopping today!

Scoot, I'm sorry you're sick today--drink lots of tea and take it easy. And if those kiddos take advantage of you, just send 'em our way--we'll take care of them!

Ruby, I can't tell you how many posts have disappeared on me--SO maddening!

Alissa, I'll pray you get a definite direction as far as the job thing goes.

Hey there, Oda! Glad you stopped in!

You ALL are absolutely beautiful, SO THERE! I know, because I "talk" to you every day Here's something appropriate to this discussion--it's a little film called "evolution" and it's put out by Dove (the soap company). I had my daughter watch it with me the other day, and she was amazed. Of course the music made me cry (thank you, PMS). Do watch it--it's only about 30 seconds long!
http://www.campaignforrealbeauty.com/

--Jane
Old 11-01-2006, 12:50 PM
  # 237 (permalink)  

I saw that the other day....I am not one to usually wear make up...and I have always used Dove...I love that clip....

My knee hurts today and for some reason I want a beer ???? WTF ???? I do like beer but never really crave it....I Love champagne more and have been wanting a little bubbly ??? Must be football for the beer and who knows what for the champagne...I of course will refrain from the drinks but it is wierd....I usually crave drugs not beer.....oh well on is like the other......

i gotta get ready for the rest of my crew....they will be home in 15 min...I am toasting my pumpkin seeds....I love them...yummy...

Did you get the resume' off Alissa ??/

~B
Old 11-01-2006, 01:09 PM
  # 238 (permalink)  

so true that film. one of my best friends is a makeup artist for catalogue and advertising models. she says that with a computer you can do anything to anyone! add that to all the plastic surgery that you see. yes, perception is not reality.

um. pumpkin seeds, we have to toast some too. but i'm still under the weather. hope tomorrow i feel better cuz today blows....

huggies to all!
Old 11-01-2006, 01:16 PM
  # 239 (permalink)  

stay in bed scootin...those seeds will wait.....
Old 11-01-2006, 01:52 PM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Jane, that video is amazing. Wish I had all those people and things around whenever someone's about to take my picture! I love, love, love makeup. But I'm not afraid to go out of the house without it.

Beezy funny you mention champagne. I'm already wondering how Christmas (yes I said Christmas!) morning brunch will be without mimosas. I swear I worry about the dumbest things!!!!!!