Notices

A sign from God. Maybe it will be OK now...

Old 11-13-2006, 05:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile A sign from God. Maybe it will be OK now...

Day 2 today.
I just realized that God can send events and people to us to start making changes....
Here is what happened two nights ago (and I only just realized the significance of the event):
I was in the middle of a drinking binge that had been going on for two days. I was out at a local restaurant with my hubby, drinking beers, of course. Suddenly I noticed a man across the bar that I knew from somewhere. He was drinking beer as well. I realized that he was another AA member, in fact the first one that had come up to me and hug me during my first meeting a few months ago...He noticed me too and in fact, came over to introduce himself to my hubby. He was there with another man and we didn't speak about our drinking or AA. He did however ask for my email address. I felt really bad about myself that night and continued with my extreme drinking binge once hubby and I got home from that restaurant...
The next morning was ultra terrible (and I'm actually still feeling the effects of the craziness from two nights ago, I'm still sweating, still anxious although a lot better)....Anyhow, my friend from AA did email me yesterday asking if I wanted to go with him to a meeting tonight. He said he realized that he needs to be in AA every day to stay sober...This was exactly the revelation for meas well. When we met each other again and drinking in front of each other, we both felt very guilty and inept, so we drank more to cancel out those terrible feelings. But this might have been a real Godsent because the next day we both realized that we need help and to seek that help through God and AA.
Thank you for letting me share this revelation.
Jana, an alcoholic
Old 11-13-2006, 05:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thats cool. Whatever it takes. Glad your going back.