Notices

Any Moms Out There Keeping Sane While Not Using Part 2

Old 10-20-2006, 12:10 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

C'est, I'm sorry you're having one of those days. Are your kids home sick, or is it just a day off for them? Mine are home today, too--parent/teacher conferences. I hope your evening goes better!

Aw, Beezy--just rant away! A good rant does a heart good.

My son's hamster died last night. I swear, he was the world's oldest hamster. His brothers (we got three of them at the same time a few years ago) died last year, but this little guy just kept going. His name was Stitch, but we called him Jack LaLane because he ALWAYS ran in his hamster wheel while the other two slept, so I chalked up his longevity to all that exercise. Well, we'll be having a little hamster funeral in the backyard today.

Ayla, I hope you get to feeling better really soon...now take care of yourself, y'hear? No more "supermom" for awhile!
Old 10-20-2006, 12:16 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

So how's this for a ranch? It's "Tanque Verde Luxury Guest Ranch" in Arizona. I think we could all use a vacation here. Or how 'bout we save our money and buy the place?

Old 10-20-2006, 12:19 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Looks perfect....I miss my hubby !!
Old 10-20-2006, 02:07 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

codi...i know you are out there...you should post and say hi.....

feeling empty...hollow today...sick for a week and my house looks like a frat house...only dirtier...i would be so ashamed if someone showed up here...it's 5 and i have not even showered today...cheer me up girls...i am pretty low today(off antidepressants...forgot i forgot i forgot....) other than the pills i like i have never been able to remember a pill every day...one of the reasons i have so many kids...i need to snap out of it an get to work so hubby doesn't know i sat on my big arse all day...
Old 10-20-2006, 03:11 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Alrighty, Ayla...here comes the CHEER UP PATROL!!!!!
Old 10-20-2006, 03:19 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Girls Girls Girls!!!!

The glass is honestly half FULL!!!!!!(Of o.j.) Please hang in there!!!! Its Friday!!!!!

Jane.....Im putting my money into savings...we NEED that ranch!!!!! teeheehee Im so sorry about Jack...he looks so sweet in that pic! The thing on the mentos.....well, we are doing it as an experiment so today I cought 2 bottles of reg and 2 of diet plus mint and fruit flavored so we can do comparison results.....we are doing this on Sunday, and are going to film it ROFL, I will keep yas all posted!!!!

Beezy! Cheer up sugar, MIL cant be all THAT bad can she? Keep that knee rested sweerit!!!!! I have never attended a F2F meeting but I do attend the SMART onlines as much as possible.

Ig.....great ta see ya!!!!!!

C'Est....... I am sorry your having a bad day hun, BIG to you!!!!

I got to spend my afternoon in the ER with Ryan, my 14 year old.....we were leaving for the grocery store and he got smart and slammed his finger in the sliding door of my minivan.....then he was even smarter and instead of opening the door to remove his finger, he tried to PULL it out!!!!!! I didnt know he knew so many cuss words, he was ranting and jumping up and down and I was trying to make him be still so I could see it and he is jumping up and down screaming SH!T SH!T SH!T over and over.....I know it isnt funny but now that I think about it, I bet it was to someone watching us lmao. BTW, he didnt crush it, only a bad bruise and contussions.....5 hours later.....when we FINALLY got seen at the ER!!!! Well my grandbaby is here for a quick visit, catch yas all later back here at the ranch!!!!

Love Liss
Old 10-20-2006, 03:19 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Happy Friday! Here's something to make you smile!

http://i.euniverse.com/funpages/cms_...aserbabies.swf
Old 10-20-2006, 03:23 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

it is a medley of babies singing songs from "grease"--funny...just in case the link is erased. thought it might brighten the day.

i'm having a better day today. fresh perspective and some sleep did me well.

ouch! liss, i slammed my pinky in the minivan's door and it shattered my bones. i actually had to have surgery (with anesthesia and all). was killer. and of course after it happened i got in and drove with my kids, no less, to the er. just about passed out. dumb. dumb. it really does hurt like all getout.

the ranch looks good, ladies!
Old 10-20-2006, 03:25 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

gotta dash. hubby coming home. we're having a family movie night with "herbie the love bug" and popcorn. ah. domestic bliss! (said without irony!)

hugs to all!
Old 10-20-2006, 03:39 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

DEEP THOUGHTS by Jack Handey

Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: "Mankind". Basically, it's made up of two separate words - "mank" and "ind". What do these words mean ? It's a mystery, and that's why so is mankind.

The face of a child can say it all, especially the mouth part of the face.

For mad scientists who keep brains in jars, here's a tip: Why not add a slice of lemon to each jar, for freshness.

I hope they never find out that lightning has a lot of vitamins in it, because do you hide from it or not?

If you're a cowboy, and you're dragging a guy behind your horse, I bet it would really make you mad if you looked back and the guy was reading a magazine.

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

If they have moving sidewalks in the future, when you get on them, I think you should have to assume sort of a walking shape so as not to frighten the dogs.

If I lived back in the Wild West days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like, "Hey look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink.

A good way to threaten somebody is to light a stick of dynamite. Then you call the guy and hold the burning fuse up to the phone. "Hear that?" you say. "That's dynamite, baby."

It's funny that pirates were always going around searching for treasure, and they never realized that the real treasure was the fond memories they were creating.

When I found the skull in the woods, the first thing I did was call the police. But then I got curious about it. I picked it up, and started wondering who this person was, and why he had deer horns.

If you're ever shipwrecked on a tropical island and you don't know how to speak the natives' language, just say "Poppy-oomy." I bet it means something.

To me, boxing is like a ballet, except there's no music, no choreography, and the dancers hit each other.

If you ever fall off the Sears Tower, just go real limp, because maybe you'll look like a dummy and people will try to catch you because, hey, free dummy.

If you're robbing a bank and you're pants fall down, I think it's okay to laugh and to let the hostages laugh too, because, come on, life is funny.

If you ever catch on fire, try to avoid looking in a mirror, because I bet that will really throw you into a panic.

Even though I was their captive, the Indians allowed me quite a bit of freedom. I could walk freely, make my own meals, and even hurl large rocks at their heads. It was only later that I discovered that they were not Indians at all but only dirty-clothes hampers.

I wish outer space guys would conquer the Earth and make people their pets, because I'd like to have one of those little beds with my name on it.
Old 10-20-2006, 03:41 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Liss, NOT the ER!!!! How's his finger doing now?
Old 10-20-2006, 03:43 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

OMG, I love the greaser babies!
Old 10-20-2006, 04:09 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

thanks guys you made me laugh....jane...my dad and i have been snl fans dince i was a little girl...not so much lately...but i called him and read it to him...and we laughed together...thanks...i love you guys...plus that singing boy looked just like my boys...they were so beautiful...they looked so much alike that i can't tell which picture is who sometimes...
Old 10-20-2006, 04:10 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

liss...sh** sh** sh**...i hope he is feeling better now...
Old 10-20-2006, 07:05 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Yeee haw
Old 10-20-2006, 07:19 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

howdie beezy...
Old 10-20-2006, 08:54 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Hey gals,

Sorry I'm not posting more regularly, but life just keeps tying me up, you know?
We now have a pink eye epidemic. Argh.
Jane, I am very sorry about your little hamster. If yours was the oldest, we must have the second-oldest. Every morning I go over to his cage and take a peek. He's so still lately, but still breathing. He's certainly a senior citizen, no question. In honour of his age, I keep buying the absolute premium hamster food, thinking each time it may be his last meal. No dice. The little bugger is still hangin' in. (I certainly don't mean I hope that he checks out or anything by that comment!)

My 6 and my 9 are gymnasts -- my 9, Sonia, just got her kip and that has been a great source of joy around here! I am not a gymnast myself, so each of these joyous achievements remain a bit of a mystery to me. I'm TRYING TO LEARN!!

Kaity, my 13 (who here has a 13 driving them crazy? I know I read it!) is at a sleepover tonight. What a week I've had with her. She's on the volleyball team. Invited me to go watch. I went. The team didn't play well. She slunk into the car and just burst into tears. No matter what I said, it was the wrong thing. It is SO hard to be 13, or even 14 or 15 or 16. There are some benefits to being over 40, believe it or not.

Looks like my 82 yr old Mom is hoping to move in with lucky me. We're thinking of selling both of our homes (gulp) and moving into one that is more suitable. (She has terrible arthritis and is finding it hard to walk).

Don't get me wrong. I love her dearly. I just KNOW that we will butt heads on a few thousand things if we live together. Liss? I know you're living this now!!

The other element here is that she wants me to get rid of half of our pets. I just can't do that. I've even asked the kids, which cat should we give to a good home? They just look at me as if I've fallen off Mars. What? Mom!??!!!

Sweet Jesus, give me strength.

Candy Scratch
Old 10-20-2006, 09:19 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

candy...i'm really not trying to make you feel bad in any way...but i have to say that you are so lucky that your mom is 82 and still with you...having lost my mom at 58, i wish i had been so lucky...i think you should go for it, be patient with her and try to cherish every moment you have with her...trust me i know how hard that is as my mom often got on my nerves...and i think they try to drive you crazy on purpose...sometimes...and with three kids an elderly mother involved is a lot to take on...especially if she is the type that would try to interfere with your parenting, but maybe during your talks with her about you should suggest some ground rules...for example...you are the mother of your children and you would like to make all of the decisions on your own...unless you specifically ask her for advice...also, if she is anything like my mom...you'll need to remind her that you are an adult and no longer in need of mothering yourself...that was my biggest problem with my mom...she was a great mother but sometimes slipped and treated me like a child...which certainly did not work for me...but i still would go for it...caring for my mom was both the hardest thing i ever did and the most rewarding...and even though some of it was painful...i would not change anything because it made me stronger and gave me so much self respect...to have done a difficult(understatement) thing and to be able to say i did the best i could....and to have been blessed enough to cherish and actually enjoy many precious moments...i hope i don't sound preachy or anything...just wanted to give advice from someone whose been there and enjoyed it in spite of the fact that it was hard....good luck making a choice and remember you have to do what's best for yourself and your kids in the long run..
Old 10-20-2006, 11:42 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

mornin' girls!
My body aches this morning from being so mad yesterday, but all is calm. I let my son go to his school movie night so I could go out to dinner with a couple from the school. I didn't want to punish myself for goodness sakes!

Jane, I laughed at your post and shared it with my daughter. Thanks for that. You sound chipper now that your sickness has left your home.

Candy, I'm the one with the 13 yo girl. A couple nights after I posted my misery when I walked in to tuck her in at bedtime she asked if she could tell me about this project she was working on. I said "why do you ask at bedtime, in the dark, when I'm walking downstairs?" (dumb I know). She said, "You could turn the light on and sit on my bed" Sometimes kids know best. It was a wonderfully sweet girl moment.

AZ It was really nice to hear such upbeat things about simply accepting moms as humans that we don't want to lose. I need to remember that when I go back at Christmas. There are so many good things about her and I shouldn't focus on the bad.

Beezy, take care of that knee. We need you in good shape here.
Old 10-21-2006, 07:20 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Morning Mommies!

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, but I have been through absolute H*LL with my teeth. After I saw that rude dentist... My mouth started to swell, so I went to the ER. They give me clendomycin in an IV. I went home, and the next morning(Yesterday) my mouth was swelling more... and the other side started to swell. I called my sponsor and talked to her. She said she knew a dentist that was in the program, and she would call him and see if he could help me. She called me back and asked me if I could be there for 12:15. I was like hek yeah. Well Guess What? He was in the same office as the "rude" dentist! I know! But I got up and went anyways. My sponsor told me that he was probably going to drain it. Well, whenever I got there, he looked at the x-rays, and told the dental assistant that he was going to take out 5 teeth! OMG! I wasn't ready for that. I thought he was just going to drain the abcess! He was such a nice man. Very kind and gentle. He pulled 5 of my teeth, and told me about this dental plan that I could sign up for.

He called to check on me last night. I told him thank you about 100 times, and then I told him that I would pay him a lil something every month. He said "Oh no, You do not owe me anything. I did that because I wanted to!" He then told me that I had a good sponosor and asked me how long I had been clean. I told him 16 mos, and then he said that was good, and that he looked forward to seeing me at a meeting!

All of the teeth that he pulled were surgical extractions. He saved me about $1,500. I'm so grateful to him. I think I am going to bake him an apple toffee cobbler!!!

I have been thinking about all of my wonderful friends here! I missed yall! That would be so awesome if we could all go on a vacation together!

Well ladies, I have to go and get my beautiful daughter! I'll be back later on or tomorrow!

Everyone have a wonderful day!

Hugs,
Alissa