Notices

Class of March 2023 Part 1

Old 03-06-2023, 11:30 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Myley and welcome back Erratic and Sobertoday

good luck with finding a less stressful position Sam!

congrats to everyone on your various milestones
Old 03-07-2023, 12:10 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Morning x
day 2 and already know what im having for dinner tonight. yesterday me and hub did need to go to shop but we actually went to a diffrent shop and that made a diffrence for us avoiding the bad isle. i made home made soup yesterday and today its either cottage pie or macaroni.

woke up this morning to snow which i do like but im sure it wont last long. Not sure what i will do today,

good to have u sober and good job on day 1 like myself x hope you get through it and get day 2 x
welcome myley x
well done on everyone else time hope today is bit better for some x

right of to start my day catsh all later x
Old 03-07-2023, 02:05 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Pledging for today. Day 156. Made it to Florida late evening. Going to be 90f here this week. Much warmer than New England.
Old 03-07-2023, 04:42 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Hi all-
I'm still stressed -had some really weird dreams last night and didn't sleep well but much better than when I was drinking.

I actually felt a bit hungover when I work up but realized it was just the crap take out food I ate last night in a futile attempt to make myself feeling better--it was expensive and not worth it.

Anyway, onto today. Will absolutely stay sober, drinking has no place in my life.

Old 03-07-2023, 04:55 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Hang in Samwitch. You are doing great. I too get food hangovers when not eating the best. It is always better than an alcohol hangover. Hoping your stress level lessens. I have found that stress is caused by my reactions to things so I have tried to change how I do so. Is getting better but I am still a work in progress. Best to you today.
Old 03-07-2023, 05:16 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Offthemast View Post
Day 21 here. Went to work. Meeting. Studying on step 4. This pancreatitis is kickin my butt. Got just enough energy to get a few places and then when I get home its crash city. Don't take your health for granted. My best friend alcohol turned out to want to kill me. Can you believe I would even consider a drink after 7 months of discomfort, pain, no food, weight loss, nausea, etc...?

Well I'm not going to drink. Have a great night/day class.
Originally Posted by Myley View Post
I am at my very lowest mentally right now. I know that it is the alcohol residue in my body that is making me feel this way, and I know how much better I feel when I have some sober time in me, but yet I keep going back willingly and almost excited to poison myself again each night when hours earlier when I woke and I was hating how I felt and not sleeping well and swearing that I would never ever do it again, only to do it again. Such a crazy self inflicted cycle I am in. Even trying to think in a straight line anymore is hard to do. I love the feeling of being sober, even if it is only for one day or a few days at a time or maybe a week if I am very, very lucky. I am just so freeking addicted to drinking alcohol, I have spent my whole life perfecting this addiction in me and it has its claws in me tight. I really want to quit alcohol for good this time. I want to march forward sober, so please, my higher power, please let this month of March and the evening of March 5th 2023 be the last day that I drank poison and the day that I put the alcohol drink down for good. Let today March 6th and from now on please be alcohol free for me. Amen.
I hear you both loud and clear—and Myley, we are honoured to be your witnesses. ❤️

Let's do this together!
Old 03-07-2023, 05:47 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers, hope all of you have a lovely day. I'm still here and still sober. Not giving up and not giving in.

I'm super sore and tired after lifting heavy weights the past couple days. It's hard to get through the workday. I remember trying to work with a hangover though and that was torture!
Old 03-07-2023, 05:56 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Good morning SR! Quickly checking in on day 90! Have a great day!
Old 03-07-2023, 06:13 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Sending offthemast and myley strength to get through. One minute at a time if necessary. We are all here for you.
Old 03-07-2023, 06:19 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Year 46 has begun. I woke up today thinking my birthday gift to myself is that I'm going to be hangover free. Except I forgot how crappy these early days are. I'm in the "I wake up in sweat" because my body must still be detoxing phase. It's wondering where the liquid poison went. I hate this sweating in bed phase. I also remember it gets better. In a week I'll be sleeping soundly and waking up not covered in sweat. Although, if history repeats, then in a few days I'll be in the weird dream phase. That can be fun and terrifying. Ugh, marching on. I wish I was more positive today. It's still early. There is still time. Right now I just want to go back to bed.

Runner what part of Florida do you go down to? We have a place in Fort Myers. Not on the beach. Or otherwise the hurricane would have taken it out. We tried going last month, but had to return right home. Different story, and not a great one. I'm struggling with the idea of just selling it. Insurance and cost of living to maintain it, as to how much we use it, doesn't make financial sense. But I'm really sick of this winter weather in MIchigan. The sun is out today, which I should be happy about. I'm just not feeling it yet today.

Myley, just sending you some positive vibes.

Wishing everyone a good day. Thanks for sharing and posting. It makes it easier knowing there is others out there with the same goal. To get better and to be better versions of ourselves.
Old 03-07-2023, 06:40 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday GS
Old 03-07-2023, 06:53 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  
Sober date: 20th May 2023

Happy birthday GS
Closing out Day 11. Super busy day at work. Goodnight beautiful friends. Stay strong and sober x
Old 03-07-2023, 06:54 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RunnerF View Post
Sending offthemast and myley strength to get through. One minute at a time if necessary. We are all here for you.
Thanks bud. Upside is I couldn't drink if I wanted to. Downside is its a heck of a way to accomplish that.
Old 03-07-2023, 08:22 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Happy b-day GS

Welcome to the group Myley

Sam - hope you find a way to de-stress.

Sober54 - AA might be your way out of drinking. Good on you for working a solution

Sober mornings are the best. A the least I can take on stuff that has to be done. My mood is been up as I have recovery tools that help. Some mild stress with paperwork to do. That's OK, just life in action. We can do hard things sober.
Old 03-07-2023, 10:09 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  
Administrator

Mish, good job on Day 11.

Happy Birthday, GS!

Offthemast, I hope your pancreatitis pain improves.

Myley, You can do this and begin to live a sober life.
Old 03-07-2023, 10:33 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday GingerSnow--sobriety is a great present to yourself.
Old 03-07-2023, 01:30 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on 90 days Takeaction
Congrats to everyone else hitting a milestone today too

Happy Birthday GingerSnow!
Old 03-07-2023, 02:18 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone for all the welcomes.

Marching Forward.

My brain is going a hundred miles an hour right now, it obviously needs to recalibrate itself. I dreamt last night that everyone around me was drinking, they were pulling it out of closets, freezers, cupboards, bags, etc., it was everywhere, I mean everywhere! and all I remember saying was, “where is the food, what are we going to eat?” then the alarm went off, and I woke up all frazzled.

Happy Birthday GingerSnow.

Good to meet everyone, I am reading what you are saying, and I am looking forward to responding more when my brain starts working better.

Old 03-07-2023, 03:37 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Happy birthday Gingersnow. I vaguely remember 46. I wish I had stopped drinking then but after 10 years of sobriety I started drinking again in 2003 at 43. Took me until 10/2/22 at the age of 62 to get “ashore”. Stay strong and just don’t drink now. Embrace the freedom that sobriety offers. I doubt you’ll regret it.

I am north of Fort Myers, flew into RSW last night, in Englewood/Placida area. 10 miles north of Cayo Costa, where Ian made landfall. Property survived very well compared to down by you. Being on the north side of the storm was crucial to not being affected by the storm surge.
Old 03-07-2023, 07:27 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Just checking in, day 66! We had some power outages and I was off the grid for awhile. Stayed sober during the whole ordeal.