View Single Post
Old 03-07-2023, 05:16 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  
venuscat

Originally Posted by Offthemast View Post
Day 21 here. Went to work. Meeting. Studying on step 4. This pancreatitis is kickin my butt. Got just enough energy to get a few places and then when I get home its crash city. Don't take your health for granted. My best friend alcohol turned out to want to kill me. Can you believe I would even consider a drink after 7 months of discomfort, pain, no food, weight loss, nausea, etc...?

Well I'm not going to drink. Have a great night/day class.
Originally Posted by Myley View Post
I am at my very lowest mentally right now. I know that it is the alcohol residue in my body that is making me feel this way, and I know how much better I feel when I have some sober time in me, but yet I keep going back willingly and almost excited to poison myself again each night when hours earlier when I woke and I was hating how I felt and not sleeping well and swearing that I would never ever do it again, only to do it again. Such a crazy self inflicted cycle I am in. Even trying to think in a straight line anymore is hard to do. I love the feeling of being sober, even if it is only for one day or a few days at a time or maybe a week if I am very, very lucky. I am just so freeking addicted to drinking alcohol, I have spent my whole life perfecting this addiction in me and it has its claws in me tight. I really want to quit alcohol for good this time. I want to march forward sober, so please, my higher power, please let this month of March and the evening of March 5th 2023 be the last day that I drank poison and the day that I put the alcohol drink down for good. Let today March 6th and from now on please be alcohol free for me. Amen.
I hear you both loud and clear—and Myley, we are honoured to be your witnesses. ❤️

Let's do this together!