Notices

Class of March 2023 Part 1

Old 03-07-2023, 07:33 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Good job Tica! You got me tripled up. Day 22 here. Had a great day. Started out rough w pain but all day God was showing up. 3 awesome conversations. Alotta prayer. And a subsiding of pain tonight. I'll take it!

Keep going guys. Alcohol sucks.
Old 03-07-2023, 08:46 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GingerSnow View Post
Year 46 has begun. I woke up today thinking my birthday gift to myself is that I'm going to be hangover free. Except I forgot how crappy these early days are. I'm in the "I wake up in sweat" because my body must still be detoxing phase. It's wondering where the liquid poison went. I hate this sweating in bed phase. I also remember it gets better. In a week I'll be sleeping soundly and waking up not covered in sweat. Although, if history repeats, then in a few days I'll be in the weird dream phase. That can be fun and terrifying. Ugh, marching on. I wish I was more positive today. It's still early. There is still time. Right now I just want to go back to bed.

Runner what part of Florida do you go down to? We have a place in Fort Myers. Not on the beach. Or otherwise the hurricane would have taken it out. We tried going last month, but had to return right home. Different story, and not a great one. I'm struggling with the idea of just selling it. Insurance and cost of living to maintain it, as to how much we use it, doesn't make financial sense. But I'm really sick of this winter weather in MIchigan. The sun is out today, which I should be happy about. I'm just not feeling it yet today.

Myley, just sending you some positive vibes.

Wishing everyone a good day. Thanks for sharing and posting. It makes it easier knowing there is others out there with the same goal. To get better and to be better versions of ourselves.
Happy Birthday GS
Old 03-07-2023, 08:47 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mish View Post
Happy birthday GS
Closing out Day 11. Super busy day at work. Goodnight beautiful friends. Stay strong and sober x
Well done Mish for Day 11 . Way to go .
Old 03-07-2023, 08:50 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tica2023 View Post
Just checking in, day 66! We had some power outages and I was off the grid for awhile. Stayed sober during the whole ordeal.
Well done Tica for day 66 . Great achievement
Old 03-07-2023, 08:54 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Offthemast View Post
Good job Tica! You got me tripled up. Day 22 here. Had a great day. Started out rough w pain but all day God was showing up. 3 awesome conversations. Alotta prayer. And a subsiding of pain tonight. I'll take it!

Keep going guys. Alcohol sucks.
Same for me aftermath . Its day 24 for me . We can get lots of inspiration from Tica and all other SR family members . Each day of sobriety, is building a a very strong and profound base for our happy life ahead . Lets keep building this base .
Old 03-08-2023, 12:34 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning x
starting day 3 today. again today i know what we will be having for dinner and will be making it. still have to go to shops, which hub and me will go when he has his lunch break so thats solves a number of temptations. also its pick up keys for work today.
great work on everyones times and hope u had a good bday ginger x
got a new journal coming today as the one i was using i wasnt really helping me, i have also got some mood stickers and some other stickers for my new journal i can add if i cant find words to write.
anyway going to start my day x have great day all and catch u all later x
Old 03-08-2023, 01:45 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  

One week sober. Keep it up everyone
Old 03-08-2023, 03:44 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Good morning Tetrax and everyone else. Alcohol is poison. I am living for today and for an alcohol free day. I am an alcoholic, and I can’t drink like “normal” people. Today will be alcohol free, and that is a victory and a gift I will enjoy. Peace and love to everybody.
Old 03-08-2023, 04:55 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  
Yield beautiful changes

Good morning! Well done on all the milestones, folks! Each day is a gift of great promise. Sometimes it feels like I just want to complain about how hard the dang package is to unwrap! Working on it.

Today I'm grateful for sound sleep, good friends, growing children, chocolate cake, hard work, and a listening ear.

I dreamt last night that I won the publisher's clearinghouse sweepstakes, and my first thought, amidst the huge check, confetti, and roses was, "They had better not bring me any champagne!"
Old 03-08-2023, 05:58 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  

That’s pretty hilarious, TC! I really hope you win 🙌🏼 I need to start playing the lottery.

Congrats to all on deciding to be sober today, no matter what day it is. We can do this!

I woke up so tired today. I will have a busy day but I look forward to coming home to clean quiet place. Day 91.
Old 03-08-2023, 06:01 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  

I had a dream last night that i was in the middle of a huge party , all of my friends were there and they were drinking , they started offering me drinks and i panicked and started to think of ways to get out of there , that's when i woke up. I guess it's a good sign that even in my dreams i am starting to realize that booze is never the answer.
I also think that PAWS is similar to PTSD , at least that is how i feel it , anxiety and panic over little things sometimes and i can literally get shaky over little things even though i am 67 days AF today , but i guess it doesn't really matter that much what it is , staying sober and time are the only cure.
Old 03-08-2023, 06:43 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Pledging for today. Day 157.
Old 03-08-2023, 07:00 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  
Sober date: 20th May 2023

Closing out Day 12. Still super busy at work. Went for my run and now headed to bed. Congrats to everyone on all the milestones. Each and every one is an achievement, even Day 1’s.
Stay strong friends. See you in the morning x
Old 03-08-2023, 08:12 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Relapsed after one month of sobriety, been on a three day alcohol binge now I am on Day 2 sobriety here we go! I am new to the community and have been struggling with sobriety mostly by myself for years now. Finally come to the realization that I need to be involved with others to get the most of out my recovery. It feels good to take the first step.
Old 03-08-2023, 08:21 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Welcome Xerox!
Old 03-08-2023, 09:17 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Zerox. Welcome glad you found us. We are all here for support and sharing our experiences. Post and read often.
Old 03-08-2023, 10:00 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  

thankyou glad to be here 🙏😊
Old 03-08-2023, 11:00 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  

I am so glad you are here with us, dear Zerox. And Day 2 is wonderful!! ❤️
Old 03-08-2023, 12:21 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Zerox

D
Old 03-08-2023, 01:25 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Hey all!
Crazy busy days....
Glad to see everyone meeting milestones, no matter what day they are.