Notices

Class of March 2023 Part 1

Old 03-11-2023, 06:30 AM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tetrax View Post
Outlast is a fantastic reality/Alaska survival series that came out yesterday. No voting off, just see who quits.
Thanks--though I wasn't the one who asked for recommendations, this is right up my alley!
Old 03-11-2023, 07:46 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samwitch View Post
Thanks--though I wasn't the one who asked for recommendations, this is right up my alley!
It's certainly addictive (in a healthy way lol).
Old 03-11-2023, 07:58 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Hey all-
Have a great sober Saturday!
Old 03-11-2023, 08:05 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Originally Posted by Mish View Post
Might watch some Netflix…anyone know of a good movie/series to watch?
I am seriously obsessed with Last of Us, but I think it’s on HBO and Hulu. Don’t really like zombie stuff in general but this show is pretty awesome!

Like true crime stuff? The Murdaugh documentary is fascinating!
Old 03-11-2023, 08:22 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  

Except that I don't think he did it. I think he is protecting his very messed-up son. Just my thoughts.
Old 03-11-2023, 08:26 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Pledging for today. Day 160.
Old 03-11-2023, 08:35 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Good morning! Just checking in and wishing everyone a Happy Saturday.

Day 6. The first 5 days are always the hardest with me. So I have some mental motivation that today is going to be a good day. Time to start working out again on a regular basis. No more strings of 5 day sufferings for me. Yesterday I went out to lunch with my husband. I really wanted a margarita. I played that tape forward. I no longer wanted a margarita. Lunch was good with my coca cola. Hubby had a couple beers. We had a nice talk. Something happened yesterday, and he didn't try to argue that I don't really have a drinking problem. I think we might finally be in agreement that I have a drinking problem. Lol, I know that sounds silly, but this is a big milestone for me.

I can relate to so many threads on this forum. I know I have a problem with alcohol. I know I can't just moderate. I always go back to binge drinking. I am too old to be puking on someones lawn (yes that really happened recently) and I'm too old to be having blackouts that are due to my own bad choices. I never used to have blackouts. In my later drinking years, I've had a few. Those scare me. I don't like not remembering. I have so many stories of airport drinking. I used to travel a lot when I was working. I spent way too much money on drinking. If I added it all up, I'm sure the number would legit give me a heart attack.

My plans today are to use the treadmill, eat healthy, and watch some netflix. I've been watching In the Dark. It's good, but it has drinking in it. So don't watch it if it bothers you watch someone drink. In my past quit attempts, I used to crave a glass of wine by watching someone on TV drink it. I don't have those cravings this time. It's not a bad series though if you're looking for something new to watch. I just finished season 1 and there are 4 seasons total.
Old 03-11-2023, 08:40 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  

I liked that show ginger, but I think it might be a bit triggering. She is always at risk of getting killed and of course she can't see, so the anxiety level in the show is very high. And yep, there is a LOT of drinking.

And yes, isn't it wonderful to get past day 5 and have the alcohol (pretty much) out of your system.
I hope you have a lovely Saturday. xx

Old 03-11-2023, 09:31 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Gingersnow, congratulations on a week.

I get it.
I know that I can't moderate. It's not a situation that I can explain. Because I can moderate sometimes. Most of the time, even. But if I go start moderating... the day is coming that I'm going to get drunk. I'm going to black out. I'm going to puke on the lawn... (I've actually done this too). I'm going to pass out on the grass. I'm going to drive after drinking. I'm going to damage my health in so many ways... mentally, physically, spiritually. Yet, somehow it still sounds good sometimes. I enjoyed it when it was under control...supposedly.

My wife doesn't understand at all. She doesn't think I have a problem and probably would prefer me to drink. I know my own truth though. It's like a secret almost. That staying sober is now the foundation of my life.

The benefits are so good. I'm getting healthy. Way better mentally, physically and spiritually. Most of the time I'm feeling great. And I'm learning how to live without being in a constant haze. Even through the challenging times. And the cravings. Today is 70 days. I had some mild urges yesterday and even today. I know I don't want to go back there though. Drinking is same old same old.
Old 03-11-2023, 10:14 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  

The things is, people who don't have a drinking problem don't consider moderation. And I understand everything you just said—betting all of us do. s ❤️
Old 03-11-2023, 10:29 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LillianGish View Post
I am seriously obsessed with Last of Us, but I think it’s on HBO and Hulu. Don’t really like zombie stuff in general but this show is pretty awesome!
Joel interrogation scene in the last episode was savage
Old 03-11-2023, 12:35 PM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mish View Post
Congratulations on double digits Tetrax.
Good work on kicking AV’s butt Lil
I’m just having a lazy day today. Can’t be bothered doing anything. Might watch some Netflix…anyone know of a good movie/series to watch?
Well done Mish . For Netflix , I would suggest " Lost in Space " , if you have not watched already. I found this one very helpful as it helps us to appreciate what we have . The kind of struggle the " Robinson Family " has to go through , just for surviving in a remote galaxy, make us think that our problems are nothing compare to theirs' and we do not need to keep drinking . I have learnt that drinking is not going to solve any real life problem but it will create more problems, for sure .
Old 03-11-2023, 12:47 PM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GingerSnow View Post
Good morning! Just checking in and wishing everyone a Happy Saturday.

Day 6. The first 5 days are always the hardest with me. So I have some mental motivation that today is going to be a good day. Time to start working out again on a regular basis. No more strings of 5 day sufferings for me. Yesterday I went out to lunch with my husband. I really wanted a margarita. I played that tape forward. I no longer wanted a margarita. Lunch was good with my coca cola. Hubby had a couple beers. We had a nice talk. Something happened yesterday, and he didn't try to argue that I don't really have a drinking problem. I think we might finally be in agreement that I have a drinking problem. Lol, I know that sounds silly, but this is a big milestone for me.

I can relate to so many threads on this forum. I know I have a problem with alcohol. I know I can't just moderate. I always go back to binge drinking. I am too old to be puking on someones lawn (yes that really happened recently) and I'm too old to be having blackouts that are due to my own bad choices. I never used to have blackouts. In my later drinking years, I've had a few. Those scare me. I don't like not remembering. I have so many stories of airport drinking. I used to travel a lot when I was working. I spent way too much money on drinking. If I added it all up, I'm sure the number would legit give me a heart attack.

My plans today are to use the treadmill, eat healthy, and watch some netflix. I've been watching In the Dark. It's good, but it has drinking in it. So don't watch it if it bothers you watch someone drink. In my past quit attempts, I used to crave a glass of wine by watching someone on TV drink it. I don't have those cravings this time. It's not a bad series though if you're looking for something new to watch. I just finished season 1 and there are 4 seasons total.
I will try watching ' In the Dark " .
Old 03-11-2023, 12:50 PM
  # 254 (permalink)  

What about Picard, dear Imtehaan? Are you a Star Trek fan? The new series is fantastic.
Old 03-11-2023, 12:56 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Erratic View Post
looks like i cant get past day 4 so 3 steps back and on day 1. not going to hide got to keep posting and find a away through this. i was going to just go away again and lurk but not this time.
anyhoo have good saturday everyone. keep up the good work x
Great decision to post and stay here and to keeping with the quit Erratic. I am starting day 6 and those 3, 4, and day 5 days were packed with anxiety to drink. Try to keep remembering how good not drinking feels, when a drinking thought comes, don't give it any head space, don't think of booze, change your thinking to what you are accomplishing by not drinking and how good it feels to be winning this battle. Kick those AV thoughts out of your head or they will take over your head.
Old 03-11-2023, 01:22 PM
  # 256 (permalink)  

I am in to day 6. I keep thinking of something I need to do and remember, then, 5 minutes later I forget what it was I was to do or remember and I'll spend a half hour trying to remember it, it kept me awake last night too. My addicted brain is trying to figure out what I am doing to it.

Anyone know how the @ works? Is it @venuscat or @ venuscat
I tried it the other day and it didn't work.
Old 03-11-2023, 01:29 PM
  # 257 (permalink)  

It is the one without a space, but that didn't alert me. You need to type the name and select it from the drop-down menu that pops up, and then you get an oval surrounding it show it is selected.

Like this...@Myley

And gosh, at 6 days, I was lucky if I could remember where the @ key even is—you are doing really well, Myley. ❤️
Old 03-11-2023, 02:04 PM
  # 258 (permalink)  

@venuscat ahhh, I see

watch out, I've learned a new thing, I'll be @ ing everyone and I see now where it goes in to notifications. Thank you!
Old 03-11-2023, 02:12 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  

My pleasure
Old 03-11-2023, 02:53 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Except that I don't think he did it. I think he is protecting his very messed-up son. Just my thoughts.
Interesting! I hadn't thought of that, and I didn't watch the documentary but I've followed the case since the murders via podcasts.
Something is fishy with the death of the son's friend as well.