Notices

Class of March 2023 Part 1

Old 03-16-2023, 01:55 PM
  # 361 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

I have just promised my partner to have a sober weekend. This will be very different from what we usually do, we have been drinking every day for months. I have had it with alcohol I don't want to drink! I want to have time to do what I really want to do! So, this is my day 0, hoping to do better tomorrow.
Old 03-16-2023, 02:00 PM
  # 362 (permalink)  

With you every step, dear Liz ❤️
Old 03-16-2023, 02:51 PM
  # 363 (permalink)  

Pledging late today. Day 165
Old 03-16-2023, 03:17 PM
  # 364 (permalink)  

Day 31. I think pancreas is healing. Still bothersome at times. Especially waking me up at 5am but all in all I am getting better. Ate chinese last night. Went to meeting. Got that red chip. Dealing w weird head ache and a little ear ache at times. I was just w my dad who had covid last week. Now mom has it. Maybe I got a little somethng. I haven't had a sniff of a cold since Dec 2019. This head ache is on inside of top of my head. Not outside. Strange feeling. Like the crown of my head. Like its bruised on the inside.

Anyway It'll be fine. Gonna watch some March Madness, eat, and relax. Have a good night/day Class.
Old 03-16-2023, 05:04 PM
  # 365 (permalink)  

Hey everyone, just dropping by.

Offthemast-hope you feel better -enjoy the basketball and relaxation.

Hi Lixie!

Hi Runner--congrats on day 165.
Old 03-16-2023, 06:01 PM
  # 366 (permalink)  

Thank you Sam. Hope all is well in your world.
Old 03-16-2023, 06:38 PM
  # 367 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good for you Lixie - welcome back

congrats Runner offthemast and anyone else hitting a personal milestone today
D
Old 03-16-2023, 07:42 PM
  # 368 (permalink)  

Welcome Lixie!

Red I wasn't triggered by your post at all. If anything, I could relate to it. I've read most of those books as well. I hope you can get back on the sober path soon.

I'm having a rough day with anxiety and depression. Had some major brain fog moments at work and made some outrageously silly mistakes I would never make. I have no desire to drink though. That would just make things worse and perpetuate this never ending cycle I've been going through. Wish there was a way to just fast forward and be through withdrawals and PAWS but obviously that isn't realistic. It's cliche, but one day at a time is truly the only way through it. I have to learn to accept that I did the best I could do today and that's all I can do. Didn't drink so ultimately it was a successful day.

I hope everyone has a great rest of their day/night. I'm committed to 24 more. Catch you all tomorrow.
Old 03-16-2023, 10:03 PM
  # 369 (permalink)  

Another day

Hi everyone, finishing up day 6 and feeling pretty good. Been exercising at a gym, and I’ve found it to be very helpful. It feels like I’m sweating out the bad stuff. Felt like myself this evening. It’s been awhile. I’m reading all the posts and rooting for everyone.

Red, definitely not “triggered”- I think we all understand. I’m really glad you’re here. Thanks for the kind words ❤️. I keep thinking about how much I’ve punished myself- time spent feeling ashamed, like I don’t deserve to be happy. I guess drinking does that to all of us. Would like to turn that around once and for all.

Nighty night March 2023.
Old 03-17-2023, 12:53 AM
  # 370 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

Well, here we are. Day one. I came here for the first time seven years ago and joined the marchers of 2016. I could have had seven years sober today. Instead I have been drinking, hurting my body. my mind and my bank account. But, it is never too late to change. I want to be the best version of me, so here we go. Day 1.
Old 03-17-2023, 03:44 AM
  # 371 (permalink)  

Pledging for today. Day 166. Best to all for a sober and safe St. Patrick’s Day.

sending strength to persevere to all who may be struggling. Been there, still do that too. Time really does make things easier and feeling emotions, good, bad or neutral is way better than numbness.
Old 03-17-2023, 04:11 AM
  # 372 (permalink)  

Looks like today is 76 days for me.
I'm feeling great physically. Sleep isn't so good but I've been stressed out. I'm embracing a sober life and going one day at a time. Moving forward.
Old 03-17-2023, 04:43 AM
  # 373 (permalink)  
Sober date: 20th May 2023

Originally Posted by Lixie View Post
Well, here we are. Day one. I came here for the first time seven years ago and joined the marchers of 2016. I could have had seven years sober today. Instead I have been drinking, hurting my body. my mind and my bank account. But, it is never too late to change. I want to be the best version of me, so here we go. Day 1.
Hey Lixie, Remember me? I’m a fellow 2016 Marcher. This time let’s make it stick. So glad you’re back with us x
Old 03-17-2023, 04:56 AM
  # 374 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

Originally Posted by Mish View Post
Hey Lixie, Remember me? I’m a fellow 2016 Marcher. This time let’s make it stick. So glad you’re back with us x
Of course I remember! Good to see you! We’re making it stick this time!
Old 03-17-2023, 08:36 AM
  # 375 (permalink)  

Hey everybody! Have a great sober day today. I'm dealing with the usual work stress, but it's okay. I'll get through it, and it's sooo much easier without alcohol in my life.
Old 03-17-2023, 08:59 AM
  # 376 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lixie View Post
I also joined SR in 2016
For me it's been a total waste of 7yrs!
But a small miracle has happened and I'm on day 60 today - I'm still struggling but it comes in waves rather than that permanent craving that was always present - along with the regret, anxiety etc ..
I look and feel a million times better - but the desire to drink is still there - its a fight
Old 03-17-2023, 09:16 AM
  # 377 (permalink)  

Hello, dear overforty—60 days is just fantastic!!!!!! s ❤️
Old 03-17-2023, 11:48 AM
  # 378 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Hello, dear overforty—60 days is just fantastic!!!!!! s ❤️
Thankyou venuscat
Old 03-17-2023, 12:23 PM
  # 379 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Originally Posted by Forty
I also joined SR in 2016
For me it's been a total waste of 7yrs!
I know that exact feeling too.
I joined SR in 2006.
Me also a complete failure of 17 yrs!

Then on the other hand I have learned 'what not to do' since 2006 here at SR.
2000 exit recovery and use/drink at will. Also with sporadic attempts to get sober/clean. ​​​​​​​
23 yrs of hard knock dumba** fumbling around in the dark.
That's why I greatly appreciate the 'light' (wellness/sobriety POA) I now have.

​​​​​​​The wreckage of my past is vast yet I focus on the future.
I make living amends by practicing 'what to do'.
The rest I 'let go' and let bygones be bygones

@Hawkeye13 Hows it going

Old 03-17-2023, 02:33 PM
  # 380 (permalink)  

Hello Marchers! I have a lot of reading to catch up here, which I will do real soon. I am just checking in, in to day 12, I have been really busy the past two days. The time change is starting to work for me, and being sober is a definite plus, and I seem to have more energy so I'll take this spurt of energy to take care of things I had neglected.

This class is getting big, so good to see so many people wanting to change for the better.