Notices

One Year & Over Part 88

Old 10-09-2022, 10:58 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

PJ Thanks for sharing. I think you are ******** amazing, brother!

Have a Super Sunday, overs!
Old 10-09-2022, 11:45 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Overs

I’m taking Mil’s friend for her covid jab this morning. She’s 88 in a couple of weeks but unfortunately after a car crash a few weeks ago, isn’t going to drive anymore. It shook her up which is understandable. She has always been a very independent person.

We’ve forecast of sun today but chilly.

Listening to Martin Lewis our money expert here in Britain explaining Kilowatts and if it’s cheaper to cook a baked potato in microwave or oven. For one potato microwave is cheaper but for 6 cooked all together an oven was cheaper. I learnt something new and he explained it much better than I can.

Have a good day my friends. xxxx
Old 10-10-2022, 03:10 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Sounds interesting, Mags.

i hope everyone has a good day
Old 10-10-2022, 04:40 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Looks like I will finally be sending the book off to the printer by tomorrow. On to the next project!

Have a Marvelous Monday, overs!
Old 10-10-2022, 06:02 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  

“Holy bat ears” 🥲🤣😂🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇
Old 10-10-2022, 06:06 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Thanks for the wonderful share PJ. I hope that you can make the financial end work out.

Congrats FBL!

It's chilly on the east coast of the US. I had my first light ice on my wind shield yesterday.

Did anyone see the gorgeous full moon last night?

Have a great Monday all!
Old 10-10-2022, 06:09 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Getting through this condo remodel and relocating eldest. Hope to be completed by Friday.

I didn’t know it was Indigenous peoples day. How many generations of family born in the US do I need to be counted? My great grandpa fought in the civil war.

As most businesses do, we got a great deal because of this holiday yesterday. Yay for us. 💵💰

I miss being home. It’s been since the end of August. 20 more days…..
Old 10-10-2022, 07:25 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  

We are recovering slowly from Hurricane Ian in Fort Myers, Florida. The devastation in some areas is bad. Some people lost everything - their car, their household belongings, and their house. Our house is 15 feet above sea level so we didn't have any surge water damage. Utility, tree, and trash crews from all over the USA are working to retore power and clean up the mess.
Old 10-10-2022, 07:35 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Thanks for checking in Dickensen…I think Ft. Myers was one of those hit the hardest….glad to hear you didn’t get any of the storm surge.
Old 10-10-2022, 11:00 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  

OMG, dickensen, I am so sorry; I didn't realise you live there. Sending all the love to you and your family, and your friends and their families. I watched it live and cried. I kept telling people that Fort Myers was in terrible trouble, and then Naples, but you know how it goes; people are involved in their own lives, and they just say "oh, no".

I hope there is a charity that is helping your town get back on its feet. s

And love to you purple one. So glad your house and all is OK. xxx
Old 10-10-2022, 01:26 PM
  # 271 (permalink)  

Dickensen, It is good to know that lots of folks have showed up to help. I hope you a and yours are okay.

Free2be, yep it is Indigenous People day here. In the US I think you have to have had family in the Americas before 1492 to be considered indigenous. However, Immigrants Day is Oct 28th. I actually didn't know that and had to look it up. Now I know. There are probably lots of people who can be honored by both holidays in our melting pot country.

Well I'm hacking away at my second set of outdoor steps and will head for the Pharmacy and Post Office shortly.

Have a good one all.
Old 10-10-2022, 11:31 PM
  # 272 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Overs

Dickensen, pleased you’re safe.

Busy morning. Dropping Mr. Mags off at hospital at 8.30 until around 1pm for tests. Picking Mil’s friend and taking her for a flu jab (sadly they couldn’t do it when she had the covid jab yesterday), Collect prescriptions, get cat food and some fresh veg. Then calling round to Mil’s make sure she’s ok, do her meds etc. Then carry on with packing and sorting. Think I’ve got that clear in my head. Ooh put Mil’s wheelie bins near the gate post.. have a cuppa coffee. (this gif always reminds me of Andy, hope him and his family are doing ok).

Have a good day my friends. xxxx
Old 10-10-2022, 11:36 PM
  # 273 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

All good in El Tootsville Mamma Toots arrived last night so we have an easy day planned, a little practise with her borrowed golf clubs, ( actually a set she gave me donkeys years ago when she got herself a new set) some sight seeing and possibly an ice cream on the prom! ( sounds positively British - you can even get your fish and chips here if you really want!!)
Old 10-11-2022, 02:25 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Wow Mags…just reading your to-do list makes me tired! Hope you can get some “you time” soon.
Old 10-11-2022, 03:03 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Good morning, Overs!

Dickensen, omg! I didn’t know you lived in Ft. Myers. Good to hear you are ok but so sorry to hear about all the devastation (and see it on TV).

FBL, congrats on finishing the book. Sounds like you are geared up and ready to dig into the next one!

Mags, I agree with Purps - you are on a whirl

Hi Purps :-)

Toots, enjoy you visit with Mamma Toots.

Hi Bekind, Suze, Free, SG, Dee and everyone else, too.

Have a good day!

Old 10-11-2022, 04:48 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

I didn't realize either, dickensen, that you lived in Ft Meyers. So glad that your home missed the storm surges. I hope the power gets restored soon so that clean up can commence.

Sounds like a busy day Toots!

Take care all!
Old 10-11-2022, 09:20 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Good morning,

My only big event today is having the plumber come to do a back flow test. Yeehaw. Lots of excitement.

So far I have run the dishwasher, paid a bill and changed my bank information on my cell phone account.

I love how alcoholics and codependents are taught to focus on their own problems. This is how I have interpreted the message of Christ in the gospels: "worry about the beam in your own eye" is similar to "focus on your side of the street." I read a story from a monastery where one monk pealing potatoes asked the monk sweeping the floor, "What would you do if you knew the world would end in 10 minutes.". The sweeping monk said, "Finish sweeping the floor.". I like that.

I see people getting into conspiracy theories or religious people preaching the world is going to end on XYZ date. I get this as it helps distract from the painful minutia of everyday life; however I think it is best to focus on the bills, flossing and sweeping whatever floor lies in front of us.

Well I'm off to call my sister, fold the laundry and put on work clothes.

Have a good one all.
Old 10-11-2022, 10:37 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for you concern about the hurricane damage in Fort Myers. Crews are working away on restoring the power and picking up horticultural debris and the remains of thousands of structures that got blown to pieces. Pantries are distributing food and water. The weather has been good with pleasant temperatures. Every day the community gets a little better.
Old 10-11-2022, 10:43 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  

I will never, ever forget the live cam of that flood water (tsunami) rising. I kept seeing what used to be furniture and buildings, and I was completely overwhelmed with grief. I am glad you guys are recovering. ❤️
Old 10-11-2022, 02:46 PM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Dickensen, glad things are on the mend in your neck of the woods, and that you and family are ok. What a conundrum the weather created!

Bekind, I’m getting better about being in the here and now, and not letting worry, anxiety, or rude people take rentspace in my head.

Mags, is Mr Mags ok? Or just follow up on his celiac disease?

Good to see you, stargazer016 🤓

Toots, hubby and I got a nine hole round in at 0800 before starting self torture with eldest at the condo.

hello purps, Saskia and Venus 😍