Notices

One Year & Over Part 88

Old 10-02-2022, 12:36 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  

VC, thanks for updating. I know most people were fine after the hurricane but it is still wicked scary so good to hear.
Old 10-02-2022, 09:24 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Still here......walked just a bit too much walking yesterday...dog and me both stuffed today...public holiday...managed to find a chemist open...got meds filled. Took dog for walkies. Went to a meeting ...although my heart wasn't in it today...
Old 10-02-2022, 11:26 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Overs

PJ, Careful not to overdo it.

Mum-in-law is getting worse with the Alzheimer’s. She didn’t remember having lunch 2 hours after we’d had it. She’d played with her central heating controls and it was 27°C (80 F) when we arrived. We’re thinking of getting a remote controller for it.
She says she’s cold when it’s hot but I understand this is a common thought for people with Alzheimer, thought they’re not cold at all. Lots of other things going on too. I can see Mr. Mags is feeling the strain.

Through all this I have a little voice inside of me saying “I want my life back” selfish I know.

Have a good day my friends xxxx
Old 10-03-2022, 01:28 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Prayers Mags.
Old 10-03-2022, 01:42 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Mags, I know what you mean, you see the progression and know it's going to get tougher before the inevitable. There are no easy solutions, have you and Mr M spoken about future care for MIL? Hang in there,you are stronger than you know. ((((mags))))
Old 10-03-2022, 02:09 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  

(((Mags))) - sending loads of hugs across the pond to you. You are not selfish. It’s completely understandable that you want your life back. Even without Alzheimer’s, aging parents are often not easy. Imho, it’s a rough transition in our lives when we and our parents reverse roles in a very real sense. Please also think about what you and your H need to do to keep your sanity through this very challenging time

I had a wonderful 6 whole hours of sleep last night (with no meds) - usually it’s 3 to 5. I’m ready to face the day!

Have a good Monday to all
Old 10-03-2022, 08:00 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Lots of rain last night which is always a good thing in my corner of the world.

Today, I'm hoping to do some tidying up, make phone calls and get out of the house.

Sigh. I hate dealing with unknown companies to do work on the house or car. I wish I wasn't like this. Ugh. Also I hate dealing with money. Money is such a vital part of life and this avoidance is not good.
Old 10-03-2022, 10:05 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  
Magsie

Thanks Toots. Yes we’ve spoke about care when the time comes. There’s a few options we looked at. Care at home until she inevitably needs more care in a care home. Awful to think about but it will happen at sometime I guess.

Thanks Sassy. We will try to keep sane somehow. I did a course a few months ago, quite in depth, in fact although I finished it the tutor wanted some of my answers to be elaborated more. Anyways this course gave me insight of the progression of Alzheimer’s. Now I’m not sure if that’s a good or bad thing.

Bekind, I don’t like having unknown companies in my home to do work either. I get very anxious. Even if they’ve been recommended by a friend.

A bit of good news. We signed the contract earlier and returned it by hand back to the solicitors office. We’re planning (with the sellers) to complete on the 14th October. Woohoo!
Old 10-03-2022, 10:52 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  

That is good news Mags! Woohoo!

Bekind, I'm the same, I think we all are a bit concerned about things we are giving control over to someone else, relying on their expertise
Old 10-04-2022, 01:45 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  

good mags
Old 10-04-2022, 02:13 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Thanks friends! Doing okay…still no power at home but staying at my mom’s….her power came back on yesterday. We were supposed to get the bad storm surge, but the areas south of us got the brunt of the whole thing…can’t even imagine!

Anyway, Thanks for the kind words everyone
Old 10-04-2022, 04:21 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Purps, Yay! Thanks for update! 🪅🪄🎉🎁🎏🤓❤️

Bekind, sounds wonderful. I think I need to learn to meditate.

Saskia, six hours of solid sleep is GOLDEN 🥰⚱️🛌

Mags, I’m so sorry. Can you get a thing called “Nest”? We have it in the states, and you can monitor temps and put on off heat etc from your phone. My friends mom is losing it, and her memory is down to 5 minutes or less, and she’s starting to drink heavily because she can’t remember she just had a drink. Horrible to see and her family is suffering greatly. GIANT hugs to you.🐻🙃🙂😇😊☺️
Old 10-04-2022, 04:24 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Toots, my golf bags are lonely. It will soon by high of 10c here, too cold. Maybe in three weeks when we head south, it’ll be warmer. My elbows and hands are too sore from remodeling and fixing up eldest place to play, blisters on my fingers. Yuck.

Peej, I’m not walking as much as you are, you CAN do too much, more is not always better. I’m going for another 4.6 M this morning in about an hour after I keep reading and posting on my higher power here 😎🦵🏼🦶🏼🦵🏼🦶🏼🦵🏼🦶🏼👟🥾👟🥾👟🥾
Old 10-04-2022, 04:25 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Suze, you’re the best glue to keep things together here on SR. You are much appreciated. How’s the editing going?
Old 10-04-2022, 04:35 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Good morning, all!

Mags, great news on the house buying progress

i don’t know what’s going on but I had about 7.5 hours of sleep last night. Unheard of!

Have a great day
Old 10-04-2022, 06:34 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  

That is wonderful, Sass. ❤️
Old 10-04-2022, 07:33 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

It raining steadily for the fourth or fifth straight day. Ian's remnants have been parked off the coast and swirling rain at us non stop. Thankfully, there is no damaging wind occurring. I think we are trying to make up for the summer drought we endured in a week!

You are in a difficult situation Mags, one that many of us are unexpectedly going to have to face. It is so challenging figuring out the right course of action.

Despite the hardships that many of us are facing at the moment, remember the fact that we are doing it sober.

Have a good day all!
Old 10-04-2022, 10:53 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  
Magsie

Thanks Free2bme, we are getting a ‘Hive’. You can operate it from mobile and also hit a child lock on the one that will be in mum-in-law’s home.

Old 10-04-2022, 11:36 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Purps good to hear you're safe and sound.

Free that's such a shame about your friends mum, I think I'd be tempted to at least water down her bottles if at all possible! I played in a big club comp yesterday and had a shocker of a round! Wished I'd left the clubs at home. Never mind, next time will be better I'm sure!

Sass, I always sleep better in winter, cooler rooms and pitch dark seem to suit me!

My mum comes out to visit next week for a week! It's the first time she's seen this house as when we first got it dad was too ill to travel and only a matter of months after he died, covid spread. It'll be lovely to have her here, but I'm struggling to think of things we can do that aren't to physically challenging for her. We will play golf a couple of times which will be in a buggy, so that's cool, but she struggles with inclines and it is a bit hilly in most of the places we could visit. I'm sure we will come up with enough trips out. She will also be happy just to sit around the sun terrace at times too!

Have a great day which ever one it is in your neck of the woods!
Old 10-05-2022, 03:06 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Overs

It’s raining cats and dogs here! We’ve got the coal fire lot so I’ll probably be moaning I’m too hot soon!

Toots, how lovely your mum is going to stay for a while. And going to play golf with her too. Smashing.

We complete the house and get the keys on the 14th of this month. Everything’s done for now. Having a day off today so far.

Have a good day my friends xxxx