Notices

One Year & Over Part 88

Old 10-15-2022, 04:11 AM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Sorry been absent here, trying to balance things.

Bekind, you really do a lot of good things to maintain your home! I’m task minded as well, I totally get it. The driving thing is tricky, and risky if she’s a minor. Watch your back if dad isn’t happy, you know Americans, they are sue happy.

Mags, sorry about the headache. It’s wee early Saturday here, so you must be needing a moving break about now. I’ll send some brownies my 90 y o MIL made yesterday.🍰🧁🥧

SE, good to see you. My twins were breastfed, they awoke every two hours for a year🥱😴. It’s rough.

Hi Saskia 🤓

FBL, prayers for Fran, kidney stuff is rough to go through.🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼 Glad your mom is doing okay, and the deadly C-19 is gone. The new variant thankfully is much milder. Hope she’s not too lonely in isolation.

Purps, how’s it going in FL?

Toots, that’s funny about the pet. I left my pet with friend many years ago and she came home infested with fleas. 😩🕷🐜 I’ve never been to Spain.

Three weeks here already, a few more days to go, then heading south until the end of October. Can’t wait to get home. It will be 8 weeks we’ve been gone.

Love to all.
Old 10-15-2022, 04:59 AM
  # 302 (permalink)  

SE, ah sleep! I feel your pain - my daughter slept one hour per night and no naps from 5 months to 15 months. I’m not sure how I survived.

Free, the current C-19 variant is milder but can still be deadly - though thankfully for far fewer people. Brain fog for some undetermined length of time is also becoming more common. I hear it’s very distressing.

The leaves are turning colors now - currently yellow and orange! Crisp temps that I love.

Have a restful Saturday, Overs

Old 10-15-2022, 08:51 AM
  # 303 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Afternoon Overs

Free, delicious brownies thankyou. Your Mil is amazing!

When I had covid or some virus I had brain fog for a long while later. It was awful.

Sassy, same here with the leaves. Golden russet and burnt orange. So beautiful.

Sun’s out, lovely blue skies at minute. We had a downpour early on though. Just back from the new place and mum-in-laws. Her sister has come to stay with her for a couple of days.

Have a good weekend my friends xxxx
Old 10-16-2022, 12:14 AM
  # 304 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

How has the move gone Mags? Are you in yet? Mum has just two more days here, she's been doing really well health-wise so fingers crossed! She's had a lovely visit so far, it spending so long with her is a stark reminder of how frail she is getting, even though she is still active and independent.

FBL I hope mum and Fran are both recovering positive thoughts for them both.

Dickensen I hope your area is cleaning up and getting back to some semblance of order.

I would have loved to have had the opportunity of sleepless nights, but sadly my pregnancies never went to full term. Things happen for a reason and I now have 2 step adults and a grandson who are mine in all but blood.

Hugs to those who need, cheers to those who earned them and positive energy to everyone coz we all need more!
Old 10-16-2022, 03:10 AM
  # 305 (permalink)  

Have a lovely Sunday to all
Old 10-16-2022, 10:30 AM
  # 306 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good early evening Overs

Toots so pleased your mum has had a good time with you. I noticed when I visited my step mum she seemed frailer, though she is 96 her pace is steadier.
Not in new place yet. We were hoping to get some of the interior walls emulsioned and a few other odds and sods before we move all the furniture in. (I can’t breathe round wet paint) We’ve given ourselves a few weeks to move in so I can go at my pace.

Took mum in law and her sister over to see around inside. Mum in law has seen it inside but can’t remember bless her. Warming to it so much. I’m sure we’ll be comfortable and happy there.

Had to go on my prescribed rescue meds (steroids and antibiotics) again. Helps me breathe but still having problems with allergic reactions, the uticaria/hives. Not sure if it’s a bit of stress. These new injections don’t seem to be helping yet.

Love and hugs to all the Overs xxxx
Old 10-16-2022, 11:52 AM
  # 307 (permalink)  

Hi all,

I'm heading into Sunday afternoon here in the Rocky Mountains. I had a family rich morning. My niece and her family left this morning but we got in a couple of games with her 6 year old and a minor sewing project before they left.

The sewing project was making a new corn-hole game bean-bag. One bean bag ripped so little Niece and I found some new material, cut a new bag and sewed it on the machine. Little niece sat on my lap as I sewed the new bean bag. She put the sewing foot up and down, operated the back and forward level and helped put the beans in the new bean bag. I love doing stuff like this with kids. Perhaps when I am gone she will remember doing this and maybe get into sewing. Even better, she will do something like this with a kid as my mom did it with me. I like this kind of immortality.

Also I had a zoom with family. My siblings are all doing interesting things and it is good to hear their stories. So many good things happen in this world that aren't publicized. I like hearing from my family as well as you all as we do what we can in our immediate vicinity.

I'm off to bring a later inside the house, put a new smoke detector up and look up my credit union account.

Life on life's terms.
Old 10-17-2022, 03:39 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Good morning!

Bekind, I hope you have started a lifetime of enjoyment for your little niece. Sewing feels so creative and the results are satisfying :-)

Have a great Monday to all
Old 10-17-2022, 04:01 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Fran is still in the hospital. Hopefully she'll be home soon.

Talked to Mom yesterday and she's pretty depressed about being in isolation. Hopefully she'll be back to her normal routine soon.

The radio interview was fun. You can listen here (my interview is the second one from the top): Ray Carr Show

Have a Marvelous Monday, overs!
Old 10-17-2022, 07:35 AM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Ugh Paul, isolated old people kind of bum me out. I do understand it is necessary but man oh man is it rough on them.

Another fall day and looks like a gorgeous one.

I'm hoping to do a trash run, set some bread to stale for bread pudding, attempt (albeit weakly) to tidy the house, run laundry, meditate, check that my bank account is talking to my credit card, dig some wood chips into the flower garden . . . . yeehaw, I may not be setting the world on fire but I'm getting through each day the best I can.

It is a bit weird to tell you all my To-Do list but it is helpful to me so thanks for noting my quotidian tasks for today.
Old 10-17-2022, 12:17 PM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Every day progress is being made in the cleanup of hurricane Ian. But is it is going to take a long time for recovery. Damage estimates for the Fort Myers area are in the $billions.
Old 10-17-2022, 09:53 PM
  # 312 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Overs

dickensen, such devastation over a small period of time. I hope the clear up work gets well on the way.

FBL interesting radio interview. Thanks for sharing with us.

It’s mum-in-laws 89th birthday today. We’re taking her and her sister, who is 87, out for lunch later today. Then got another painter and decorator calling later to give us a quote for some internal walls and ceilings we want emulsioning. Hopefully 🤞. I want to clean out all the kitchen cupboards whilst they’re empty. Lots of cupboards but I’m sure in a month or so I’ll be saying there isn’t !

At this rate Mr. Mags is going to have to don a pair of overalls and do it himself. I didn’t realise how busy this profession is.

Have a good day my friends xxxx
Old 10-18-2022, 04:17 AM
  # 313 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Fran was due to be released from the hospital late yesterday. I will stop by to see her on the way home today.

Have a Terrific Tuesday, overs!
Old 10-18-2022, 04:54 AM
  # 314 (permalink)  

FBL, I hope Fran gets home today.

Mags, the older I get the harder it is to move (both houses and getting myself out of bed and chair!). I don’t envy you the move but once it’s mostly over you can enjoy your soon-to-be new home more

Dickensen, I can’t begin to imagine the devastation in spite of seeing it on the news. My heart goes out to all the people affected!

Bekind, I don’t mind your daily to do list at all. It often reminds me to focus on the smaller things or steps that I know I can accomplish no matter how I feel.

It’s infusion day today!

Have a lovely Tuesday, dear friends

Old 10-18-2022, 05:03 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Good news about Fran FBL.

Dickensen, I can't imagine how painful and slow it will be watching the recovery take place. I am guessing there will be many people whom will choose not to rebuild and simply sell off their lots. I might be hesitant to try again knowing the possibility of another hurricane is ever-present.

I hope you enjoy your lunch with the ladies Mags.

Have a good day all!

Bekind, I love how you lay out your to do list each morning. I would probably get more accomplished if I did that each morning.
Old 10-18-2022, 06:54 AM
  # 316 (permalink)  

Good morning all, here we are yet again trying to live the best we can. I do appreciate y'all who join me on this.

Often I make a To-Do List and then completely forget what was on it and do something else. I don't really mind as often more important stuff comes up to do so I usually give myself credit for being flexible. I have a tough time being positive about myself so make a concerted effort whenever possible to think about the good things I do.

This morning I realized I did everything on the list and then some. It was a good day. I like outdoor tasks and anything that brings me in contact with my neighbors and community. Contact with family is even better but that is rare.

I had the most amazing dreams last night all about trains and the ocean both of which I love. I would really pay good money to watch my dreams but they are free and often really good. Something to be grateful for.

Well here is today's list: meditate, yoga, get a work order in to have the gutters cleaned, try to start the leaf blower, put away some tools, text a friend, make an appointment to get my back windshield wiper fixed, look for a place to stay for the upcoming wedding, get the old smoke detectors ready to mail for recycling.

Peace to you all.
Old 10-18-2022, 09:12 PM
  # 317 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Overs

Sassy, I hope your infusions went without hitch.

Bekind, I like your daily ‘to do’ lists. In fact when my head was a shed other day (and most days at the mo! ) I did exactly the same. It helped me focus. So thanks for showing me the way.

FBL, hope all was well with Fran. Has your mom come out of isolation yet? I do hope so. She’ll start feeling better with human company I would think

Mum-in-law had a nice birthday yesterday. She had a few visitors and one being her eldest grandson. Though she doesn’t remember who he is she lets him in. Which is fine because he’s family but I worry that she’d let anyone in nowadays. We have security cameras so can monitor callers which she likes.
On one occasion we was at Derby hospital and she had a very persistent caller at her door trying to get her to have her block paving paths cleaned. She said her sons do it but he was very pushy. Mr Mags rang her up and asked to speak to the man at the door and told him to go or he’d ring the police. He left pretty sharply.

We’re buying a wallpaper stripper later to take the old wallpaper off two of the bedrooms. It’ll be easier if we do it ready for the decorator guy to emulsion the walls. When I say we I mean Mr. Mags. . I’ll be continuing cleaning the kitchen cupboards out.

Have a good day my friends xxxx

Old 10-18-2022, 11:10 PM
  # 318 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Good luck with the wall paper stripping Mags, I love it when it peels off in sheets, not so much when it's itty bitty bits! If you score the paper with the blade of the scraper it allows the steam in a little better for lifting.

FBL I hope Fran is settling in back home and mom is soon out of isolation.

Sass hope the infusions went well, I dont want to move for a while now!

Dickensen, we had high winds in Scotland last year, not the same I know, but the devastation done to the pine forests will take decades to replace and it was very saddening. We are fortunate not to have had any damage to our home, but others suffered badly.

Star how's things?

BeKind, I like to see your lists except they always make me feel guilty about my lack of exercise these days! Off to golf today though.
We have 'unofficial' handicaps with todays Society, as most players that stay here don't belong to a club, for the first time since I picked up a club 20 years ago in an albeit erratic enjoyment of the game over the years, I will actually have a lower handicap than Mr T who introduced me to the game! Of course he is loving having more shots than me, so we will see who wins our personal outcome today!

MumT travelled home yesterday and arrived Safe and Sound if a little tired. Happy to see her cat again, but had a lovely visit here.

Have a wonderful day wherever you are.
Old 10-19-2022, 03:57 AM
  # 319 (permalink)  

Good morning, Overs.

Infusion went fine as usual except arm was rather bloody when I got home. The nurse is usually spot on with the needle so I can’t complain about one miss.

FBL, how is your mom? Isolation is tough. I still remember being isolated here for nearly 4 months before the vaccine. It was very rough on all of us even though we had no Covid for those months.

Toots, happy to hear your mum had a nice visit!

Mags, even though not all technology is useful, I would think that being able to keep tabs on your mil is really useful and gives you and Mr Mags some peace of mind

Bekind, agree completely on the To Do lists. I always keep them even though some days I don’t get anything done. It also makes a big difference as I become more forgetful! So a great habit, imho.

SG, agree on the Florida destruction. I can understand why people rebuild though I hope I wouldn’t.

Have a good day to all

Old 10-19-2022, 04:19 AM
  # 320 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Talked to Mom yesterday. She tested negative and will be back in her regular room on Thursday. She's looking forward to getting back to her regular routine (and bingo games!).

Stopped by to see Fran on her 85th birthday. She's pretty weak, but in good spirits. She said Joel (her late husband) came to see her in her room last night. Not sure what that means. Her brother and twin sister are coming from Honduras next week for a week-long visit, so she's got that to look forward to.

Starting work on the next big book project. It's Volume 2 of our flagship Top Pop Singles book. This one will cover the years 1990-2022 and was the last one Joel worked on before his death in June.

Have a Happy Hump-Day, overs!