Notices

One Year & Over Part 88

Old 11-12-2022, 09:30 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Good day to all of you. Some folks are recent to this group and many others are familiar to me. Either way, you are all my friends and inspiration.
Today marks 9 years sober for me. I quit drinking after my oldest child's birthday. She had a 2 year old and a 6 month old boys at that time. I realized that if I wanted to attend their high school grad or even a wedding, i best make some changes. 9 years later and another 2 grandsons from each of our two boys arriving, I am healthy and happier than ever. So a total of 6 boys from 2 to 11 years old. So much joy for us.
I read the big book a couple of times in the early days but never attended a meeting. I determined that my two little grandboys were really my higher power and to this day I am determined as hell to be there for all 6 of them every step of their way.
This weekend my daughter flew in from her home town to be with us for her birthday. I picked them up at the airport on Thursday and to my great surprise she brought grandson #1. He and I always had a very special bond. We just get each other. He is 11 but he and I both cried at the airport. So two milestones to celebrate today. Our baby girl is 39 and I am ok. I don't really like my sober anniversary to be a big deal so we focus on the other.
Leaving for Costa Rica on Thursday for a month and then the Galapagos in February. It is cold and snowy here at home and getting to the sun and warmth is a must for us retired Canadians.
I am sorry that I do not visit as much as I had in the early years. I assure you all, that my absence is not an indication that I have forgotten you or I don't need SR anymore. That is far from the reality. I will always remember those that supported, encouraged and offered sage advice to me. Thank you for that.
I will return at some point to say hello. In the meantime, enjoy your sober life, be strong and love/hug your family every chance you get.
Love to you all
Rick

Old 11-12-2022, 09:38 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Thans for checking in, Rick! Congrats on 9 years!!!
Old 11-12-2022, 03:47 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad you found the thread Rick - congrats on 9 years

D
Old 11-12-2022, 05:49 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Great post, Rick, thank you for sharing.

15 months today, feel more on track again. I’m going out to celebrate my birthday with friends tomorrow and am really looking forward to it.

PJ, love the pic, is that your pup? I know you have a black girl- Zoey I think? I’m a dog person! I have a Doberman, she’s my bestie.

I wanted to come by, but posting on my iPad is such a pain- I will have more to offer next time. Be well!
Old 11-12-2022, 06:00 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good to see you Rickh. Congratulations on 9 years! great post.

Viking congratulations on 15 months.

It’s good to glance back to see how far we’ve come sometimes. I’m so proud of how we all beat the drink to live a better life sober. Life is less complicated now it's sober.
Old 11-12-2022, 11:56 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Well done on 15 months Viking!
Old 11-13-2022, 12:49 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Overs

It’s a bit bleak and Misty this morning. Forecast some sunny weather. That’ll be nice!

Birds are looking for food on the tree. I best go and replenish the birds food.

Have a good day my friends xxxx
Old 11-13-2022, 01:16 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Viking, my dog is a kelpie..cattle dog. A rescue from a shelter...her name is Roxy. I found out later, it was discovered she has a defective heart. She stays...helping me feel more human..I have been running on fight/flight mode, not trusting anyone for years.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
2810.jpg (20.3 KB, 18 views)
Old 11-13-2022, 01:19 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Rick how lovely to see a post from you today and to see not only is all well with you, but you are positively buzzing with love and life congrats on 9 years my friend I am very happy for you.

Viking congrats on 15 months, you will be experiencing the difference between recovery and sobriety now as you pass special life moments a second time sober and learn to live life as a non drinker. It's all good and gets easier, I imagine you are already noticing the changes in your attitude to your choices.

Hi Mags, Dee Purps Sass SG Suze Peej goodness I should not have started this I'm sure to miss too many out (FBL how could I!) but I add an affectionate et al to encompass all my friends here, have a surer day next time you face the dawn in your timezone! I think that covers everything!
Old 11-13-2022, 01:54 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Congrats on nine years Rick! What a great story!

Viking, well done on your 15 months!

It suddenly got more seasonal here overnight, as I hear the heater running. I enjoyed this recent stretch of warm temperatures.

Have a good day all!
Old 11-13-2022, 04:09 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Hi Roxy!
Old 11-13-2022, 04:14 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  
Administrator

New thread here:
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...part-89-a.html (One Year & Over Part 89)

D