Notices

One Year & Over Part 88

Old 09-15-2022, 11:46 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Thanks love.
Old 09-15-2022, 11:48 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

CK, y’a had me there too.

Marriage is not for all, so kudos to the singletons who know it’s not for them.

Mags, you’ll love the new place, am sure.

Bekind, enjoy reading your posts. I hope I don’t miss the fall colors. Will be back next Wednesday night.

Old 09-15-2022, 08:55 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Overs

When I was growing up my best friend dreamed of getting married and have children. Which she has and now has 4 delightful grandsons. I didn’t have those dreams at all. In fact after living with my parents it put me off marriage and the whole family thing.

But in my teens my hormones kicked in and I began dating. Got my heart broken. (I guess we all do one time or another). We were too young. When I married (the first time) it was for all the wrong reasons.(rebound,escape)

Now nearly 29 years married (second marriage) to Mr. Mags I seem more settled.
Mind you he was with me through all my drinking days, he put up with a lot.

Being sober has helped me settle in my head and be happy with myself and my lot. Peace of mind is a good place for me.

I’ll get of my soapbox now!

Have a good day my friends xxxx

Old 09-15-2022, 11:54 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Mags, like you I was crushed by my first love and married on a rebound, took 12 years to admit I was wrong and got out. The current Mr T is a good man and we rub along together pretty well, been together 22 years now.

Suze we tend to judge experiences from our own perspective, she was probably looking at the negative possibilities and horrified You would take the risk. Mr T and I had only been together for a couple of years before moving up to Scotland so he could be near my step kids (then 19 & 20). Not such a big move as yours, but it took me hundreds of miles away from friends and family and surprisingly they there was something of a cultural and
ice style difference to absorb, as well as seeking a new career coping with relationship issues etc. sometimes stepping out of your comfort zone works, and no one on their deathbed regrets the opportunities taken, only those rejected.

FBL, BeKind, while you may not choose the path some of us have taken, you have developed long term lasting relationships with friends relatives and colleagues that take an equal amount of love and support. It is definitely wiser to be alone than be with the wrong person for the wrong reason. I firmly believe we have one life to live, and we should live it the way we want to as long as we don't hurt others along the way.

Off to golf again today, we had an archway cut yesterday where a door was, and it created so much dust! I started clean up yesterday but am turning my back on the rest until later!
Old 09-16-2022, 12:16 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Magsie

Enjoy your golf toots! The dust will still be there when you return home.
Old 09-16-2022, 01:36 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

I’m one who is also single by choice….after two relationships, each with a narcissist, I realized the Universe was telling me I’m better off by myself….I had been drinking the whole time so I needed to get to know me. Now I couldn’t imagine dating or being in a relationship with someone…my favorite rockstar would have to roll up on his Harley Davidson!
Old 09-16-2022, 04:03 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Ahhh, we had dinner with some fellow jet guests two nights ago. What a NIGHTMARE!

The man was soooooo rude to the waiters etc. The stance of a wealthy man whose arrogance he illustrated proved him jerk wad more than to be respected.

It reminded me of a bad choice I’d made, and the folks here at SR helped me through. He (XABF) was a horrible narcissist. I wondered how the guest’s wife put up with him, I could see the dismay on her face, and the excuses she made for his I’ll behavior.

Martini first, three to four glasses of wine later, and we’d had enough of his demeanor and drinking. Slurred words, he was lost at the dinner, oh, such a bad road he is on.
Old 09-16-2022, 04:30 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

It's been tough at times being an aromantic/asexual person in our hyper-sexual/romantic culture, but the older I get the more I realize that I had no choice in the matter and that I truly am happy with the way my life has turned out. It's certainly made me more empathetic to those of us that are "different."

The new book has already sold over 100 copies the first day on sale! I guess I have to finish it now!

Have a Fabulous Friday, overs!
Old 09-16-2022, 05:58 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Just awesome posts. s
Old 09-16-2022, 06:27 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
People thought I was insane to move here to marry Nick after knowing him for such a short time.
But I am happy to tell you all that we are about to celebrate our fifth anniversary. Amazing, huh?

And yes, I am a happy camper.

five years? Wow. Grats, suze. ❤️ Time flies , eh?

oh and hi overs. Not sure if I ever posted here before because it always seems like it was for the “big kids” . although I am nearly 19 months sober now. 🤪

Old 09-16-2022, 06:40 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Hell darling. How lovely to see you in the thread. ❤️
Old 09-16-2022, 08:21 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Hi Tanky, welcome to the "Big Kids". Not that I necessarily feel like a big kid but I keep trying.

Toots, what were some cultural differences that you noticed moving to Scotland.

Our nights and mornings are getting colder and there was snow on the mountains yesterday. I'm frantically getting perennials in before the snow starts sticking. I seem to be going in for tapestry colors: dark purple, blood red and gold.

Yesterday I got the new covid booster and grocery shopped.

Now for some yoga, load the dishwasher and measure a mattress.

May your Friday be lovely.
Old 09-16-2022, 08:30 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

So, the perennials survive winter?
Old 09-16-2022, 08:43 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Magsie

Bekind, it’s cooler here in the mornings and evenings now.

Hi Tanky, good to see you in the Overs. We’re all big kids at heart!

FBL, congratulations on getting good sales on the new book!
Old 09-16-2022, 11:59 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Old 09-16-2022, 02:45 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

I would feel bad for the wife too, Free…hopefully she’ll get away from him…at least you aren’t the one married to him!

Hey Tanky!

Edit to add: Oh my gosh! Love the ostrich and giraffe….sooooo cute!
Old 09-16-2022, 04:07 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Tanky

D
Old 09-16-2022, 11:33 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Welcome Tanky!

Bekind things have changed a lot in Scotland in the last 20 years, but back then, bars were for drinking in, food was fuel and didn't have to look or taste anything special, drinking did take more of a centre stage all round no family gathering was complete without drunks. I was the only one with an accent and some were hostile towards me for being English, the 'auld enemy' as if I had a choice where I was born!

Well, a day of cleaning up plaster dust and sawdust ahead of me! (Oh, and washing the furniture covers that are full of plaster dust!!)
Old 09-16-2022, 11:49 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Overs

Sun’s up!

Toots, hope it’s not too much of a job, that dust gets in everywhere.

We’re taking mum-in-law to visit her friend later who is having respite care in a care home.

Have a good day my friends xxxx
Old 09-17-2022, 02:07 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Well, yesterday proved once again that I don’t have to be drinking in order to fall and embarrass myself….I was coming down a flight of stairs (outdoors in the rain) when I slipped and my bottom slid down the last four steps…(Whoops!). I figured I’ll see how it is waking up today and I think I’m ok, just sore all over…I’ve got acupuncture this morning & another appointment on Monday…glad no one saw me!