Notices

Class of May 2020 part 18

Old 04-17-2022, 05:50 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Free.

Yeah, thanks for the props. The door is 98% all new. The black trim and latch are original.
I like that things like this come in at half prize when I do the work.

Have a good day/evening all.

Old 04-18-2022, 07:44 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Free.

Was a nice evening here. Wife and I spent some time in the hot tub. Very relaxing.
Weather is finally ok.

Be well sober peeps.

Old 04-18-2022, 08:02 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Good stuff Willow honey.
It is also Passover.
I’m not sure what that is, I will look it up
Old 04-18-2022, 08:03 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Looks like a nice camper TC. With a great door
Old 04-19-2022, 03:13 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
nmd

Hey guys- everything is doing well in my neck of the woods. My wife is recovering slowly from her surgery and most shocking of all, she has been... sober. I think a combination of things gave her the realization that it was time. It's out of my control though and I'm just hoping it sticks. I just do my best to be supportive

The marathon I've been training for is coming up May 29. I'll be glad when it's over :-D The long run each week really takes a lot out of me and it's been a big time commitment. I've been able to run outside, but it was in snow flurries this past weekend over 19miles. My 2 years sober date is right before the race too, so that will be cool.

Have you had a chance to go camping yet in your new camper TC? Looks nice! When my kids were younger we went camping a couple times over Easter break staying in a heated cabin. It's a peaceful time of year, weather is getting better and the bugs aren't out yet.
Old 04-19-2022, 06:01 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Free.

Thanks Willow.

Glad that your wife is fairing well nmd. Hope your training continues to go well. Don’t over do it (lol).
We haven’t done the inaugural run yet in our new (to us) camper. Probably in May or early June.
I have a few minor repairs to do (vent covers) and have to install a hitch on the truck.
I’ve never hauled a fifth wheel camper before. It’ll be a learning experience.

Have a good day all.

Old 04-19-2022, 06:23 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Administrator

hey nmd - good luck with the marathon

Hope everyone is having a good week

D
Old 04-20-2022, 07:46 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Free.

Nice quiet evening here.

Have a good thing folks.

Old 04-20-2022, 07:49 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Administrator

You too TC

D
Old 04-21-2022, 03:48 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Nmd my partner has been sober too. It really makes things easier I think. I’m glad your wife is recovering well. You must be really fit but exhausted too! Good on you! I really could do with doing a lot more exercise…..

Have a good weekend everyone. Another long weekend here. 3 in a row!
Old 04-22-2022, 06:55 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Free.

Great that your spouses are sober!
It is an amazing thing to see the changes in us when addiction goes away and hope comes in.
(from any side of the fence, really).

Looking forward to the weekend.

Be well friends.

Old 04-24-2022, 09:27 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Free.

Happy to be sober today.
Tired and sore. Spent a few hours yesterday afternoon replacing a couple of roof vents on the camper. At this age, and having old injuries at play, I’m sore for days afterward.
Really glad that it is weatherproof now. A few more minor fix ups and we’ll be ready to try it out.

Closing on 5 months sober, I’ve had some cravings/thoughts lately. I’ve spent some time this morning reading about recovery.
I’m always best to remember how tragic, horrible, sad, unpredictable and unstable my life and security are when alcohol is involved.

Much better sober.

Old 04-24-2022, 02:20 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree TC - Everything is much better sober

D
Old 04-24-2022, 02:45 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

TC, it’s definitely better sober. Don’t let that sneaky lying AV monster get a toehold in the door. It spouts rubbish about drinking, and none of it is true. Life is immensely better without alcohol in it. I have to keep reminding myself this too. Every single day.
Old 04-25-2022, 02:46 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
nmd

Thanks Dee and Willow. It's a real challenge not to over train but at this point I really want to at least finish the race.

glad you got the roof vents replaced TC, that's one more step to your first camping trip in your camper. :-) It will be worth it. Everything is definitely better sober and thoughts of drinking always pass.

I had some bad luck taking a tree down yesterday and a contractor is coming out today remove the tree which went in the wrong direction and is leaning. No injuries or major damage, so I guess I'll chalk that up to good luck, but I didn't really budget the work. Finances have been a bit tight with my wife off recovering and a few other things hitting at the same time, but we'll get through it.

A fox has decided to have a litter under our back deck, so taking the dogs out has been a bit of an extra challenge. The baby fox are really cute though. :-) I was able to see them nursing from mom the other night looking out my back window. She's been much more visible around the neighborhood catching mice and bringing them back to feed her litter

Old 04-25-2022, 09:51 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Free.

Must be quite nice to see the fox and kits nmd. Cute, I’m sure.
I imagine the dogs (and the chickens) are not big fans of the fox.
Tough thing about the tree. I’ve had a few sketchy situations when felling maples in the yard. Hopefully the contractor handles it easily and gives you a good price.

I wonder if a live feed of your fox and kits could turn into revenue in some manner. (National Geographic )

Yes, Willow, I’m trying to quickly dismiss anything coming in from the lying AV, and focus on happy, healthy living.

Called in ‘sick’ today. It sure is nice to relax and enjoy another coffee. A day of relaxing instead of job stress is very welcome today.
Might hot tub later too.

Be well folks.

Old 04-25-2022, 02:09 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi TC and nmd

D
Old 04-25-2022, 08:10 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

How cute nmd! Baby foxes ❤️

Have a great day relaxing TC
Old 04-26-2022, 01:25 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

I had a crappy day yesterday. Seemed like everything went wrong at work, and some of it will spill over into today. So I’m dreading going in to work today. I feel like quitting, but can’t afford to.

Drinking definitely crossed my mind on the drive home last night. I went for a walk instead. And got drenched with rain. Felt sick in the stomach with dread and anxiety so I skipped dinner and had a cup of tea and ate a blueberry muffin instead, then had a hot shower and went to bed.

I didn’t drink, which is a definite plus, because the AV was making a song and dance about it all. Saying to me, you know it will take the edge off the worry! But drinking wouldn’t have fixed anything, and the problems would still be here today but I’d then have to deal with them hungover. A hundred times worse.

As it is, I have a headache this morning anyway, and I still don’t want to go to work. But I’m not hungover thank goodness! Hopefully it won’t be as bad today as my brain kept telling me half the night!

Anyway, I just had to get it out. Thanks for listening. I’m sure today won’t be as terrible as my imagination conjures up….

Bad days happen. They pass. Drinking doesn’t help anything. Best to be sober and let the days pass. In a year’s time will I be worried about yesterday? Or today? No. I’ll probably laugh it off. Or have completely forgotten it ever happened. Because in the big scheme of things it’s nothing, not important. Trivial rubbish. Except that I didn’t drink. That’s good. That’s important. That’s a tick for the sobriety bonus points list
Old 04-26-2022, 01:48 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Willow honey, I am so sorry you had such a horrible day. s ❤️