Notices

Class of May 2020 part 18

Old 04-26-2022, 02:25 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Thanks Suze ❤️ xxx
Old 04-26-2022, 08:07 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Free.

I hope work is entirely good today Willow.
You’re right, way better to face it all with soundness of mind and body. A hangover would be the worst.
I hope you get some peaceful moments today.

I remember in science class they said work creates stress, friction, and heat.
Yes it does. Yes it does!

We have been so unfair to ourselves all those times we believed we needed the bottle and gave in. It has been unforgiving, punishing, and pain causing.
So glad we have a choice today.
I’m glad you chose a hot shower, then bed Willow. Good choice.

Have a good thing everyone.

Old 04-27-2022, 10:28 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
nmd

I hope today is a better day Willow.

Yeah, TC, the dogs are not fans of the fox but they keep their distance from each other. The fox mostly hide which is a good thing as you don't want them tame. The chickens haven't been out free ranging in the yard a long time because of predators and now the risk of bird flu.

Got a couple cute pictures of the Mom nursing her pups and them up on the deck

Old 04-27-2022, 10:29 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
nmd

oh, and the tree removal went without issue thankfully
Old 04-27-2022, 02:13 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Administrator

Amazing shots nmd
Although we have them here, I’ve never seen one myself.
D
Old 04-27-2022, 08:23 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Work creates stress, friction and heat! Yes! It sure does TC

Thanks for the support, things have mostly settled down now. Still some underlying tension and undercurrents, but it’s back to the normal level…. Phew.

The foxes are gorgeous nmd, thanks for the pics!
Old 04-28-2022, 06:08 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Free.

The fox pups are cute.

Glad that work has planed out a bit Willow.

Have a good day all.

Old 04-29-2022, 11:43 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Free.

I watched a fox hunting in the dried grasses of a field adjacent to my workplace. Their hearing must be sensational. With vehicles passing about 50 feet away this fox stopped, listened, leapt forward about five feet and pulled a critter out of the grasses. Really impressive.
They are given the skills needed to survive.

Old 05-01-2022, 04:18 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
nmd

They are amazing. From what i've read they can hear mice under the snow too and can dive right in it to catch them

Got a long run this morning for which I'm procrastinating. My wife and i are heading to a cherry blossom festival this afternoon. We've been very blessed with good weather this weekend, sunny and 60F.

Have a great day everyone
Old 05-01-2022, 06:16 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Free.

Daytime highs in the 60-65 range here too, nmd. Finally.
Still quite cool in the mornings.
I like that about my location. On the hottest summer days it still cools to usually below 60 overnight. The early mornings are a reprieve. Rarely, and just for a few days, it’ll be closer to 70F in the mornings. Those are usually thunderstorm days.

Coffee is really good this Sunday morning.

Have a good day sober friends.

Old 05-01-2022, 10:02 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Hard to believe this class started 2 years ago this month during the early days of the pandemic. It's a different world now. Here in downtown Toronto about half of the storefronts are either empty or now house a cannabis shop. Good thing I stopped smoking weed 20 years ago. As a college student, Marijuana was my preference over alcohol. I remember having full bottles of liquor that would go unopened for a whole semester. Today, a full bottle of booze wouldn't last the weekend in my place.

Hope everyone is well

Old 05-02-2022, 06:18 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Free.

154 days sober.
Really glad to be sober and feeling well.

I can clearly recall the headaches and bone-crushing anxiety, the fears and depression that went along with alcohol. I remember feeling so horrible that lashing out at the world (and police) with anger seemed an answer. Pretty mixed up back then.
It turns out that when you tell the police to ‘F-off’ they don’t. Instead they haul your butt to the cells for 6 or 7 hours. Oops.
Cells are gross. Smell like vomit and yuckiness.

Off to work shortly.

Have a good day folks.
Old 05-02-2022, 09:51 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

TC, I have been arrested over 10 times. No matter how drunk I was, I seemingly knew to shut up and follow instructions. When a cop says to put your hands behind your back and removes his handcuffs from the case, there is nothing you can do at this point. Voluntarily or involuntarily, you are under arrest and that's it. Probably why my only charge was my DUI in 2005. My first ever run-in with police at age 29 and the first sign I was an alcoholic. Every other arrest was more for my own safety/safety of others and was thrown in the drunk tank or driven to the hospital.
Old 05-02-2022, 01:44 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to hear from you guys - hope you all have a great week

D
Old 05-02-2022, 04:57 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Free.

Yeah WL, best to be amicable with the law.
Things turn out better that way.

Cheers.
Old 05-04-2022, 03:01 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
nmd

It is amazing it's been two years. I was still struggling at the beginning of the month back then and I didn't hit my day 1 until near the end. Lots and lots of attempts to get sober before that. I'm very grateful to be sober today

Weed is legal here now too WL, but the licensing/regulation by NY is a mess so it's mostly being sold on native lands at smoke/gas shops and unofficially at head shops. The proliferation of head shops with intensely bright LED lights in the window annoys me. I don't know why, but obnoxious lighting that can be seen from space is in every smoke shop window- It's not a good sign for retail. I guess that makes me a grumpy old man :-D

Enjoying my coffee this morning. Hope everyone is well
Old 05-04-2022, 03:24 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on your upcoming 2 years nmd

D
Old 05-04-2022, 06:04 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Free.

Congrats nmd. Keep us posted with your marathon date.

Been doing some physical construction work in our shops lately. It is rewarding but tiring.

Have a decent day all.
Old 05-04-2022, 01:42 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. I literally had to go back and see when I last posted. It's been about two months. Obviously I failed miserably and have continued to do so since then.

The antidepressant didn't work. It was actually pretty horrible side effects that never went away. It made everything worse. So I tapered off that and used alcohol to do so.

So for the past couple of weeks, I have thought of quitting drinking every single day. I try to plan in my head how to do it. I think the physical scares me so much more this time. I have gotten to 3PM one day in the past week. I feel the physical side effects of withdrawl and am terrified. I end up buying another bottle of wine because I am afraid of a seizure or ending up in the hospital from the initial withdrawl. I don't know if it's better to try and drink some or do it cold turkey again. I'm just scared. And very stupid for ending up here again.

I cut down my dose of Ativan a while back. I'm only taking a little less than 1/4 of my prescribed dose. I know I could take more of that to get through the withdrawl. I don't know if that's a good idea either.

I have to go back and catch up on all of you. I didn't come on and read while I've been drinking again. Hope you all are well. I have missed you. I have missed being sober. There are so many things I can't do again now that I'm not sober.

Take care friends. Stay sober. Hugs.
Hope
Old 05-04-2022, 01:55 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Administrator

I’m glad you’re back Hopeful. I understand why you stayed away but I think people generally do better being on SR than not being on SR

D