Notices

Class of May 2020 part 18

Old 05-04-2022, 02:29 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Sending you huge hugs of support Hope ❤️
I’m so glad you’re here and trying. We’re with you all the way. Maybe talk to a doctor about your best options?
I’m having trouble posting because of technical issues. I’m not sure if it’s my phone or the site, but I’ll hopefully manage to sort it out, because it’s making me feel like giving up trying to post, which is probably not a good idea. It might be because of my interruptions in internet the last week. We’re having ongoing problems with internet access. Oh well. Hopefully this posts… I keep losing my posts which is beyond frustrating…. But I’m here!
Old 05-04-2022, 03:22 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm not having any problems Willow so it might be your phone or your ISP?

D
Old 05-04-2022, 03:23 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee. Hi Willow. Thank you.

I don't have a doctor right now and I know me. I wouldn't ask anyway.

I just have to try and get through this again. I'm just super scared of some major withdrawal symptoms. I have an appointment to take my car in tomorrow. I can't cancel it. I haven't had anything to drink in a couple of hours. I'm thinking of just trying to quit today instead of waiting until tomorrow.

It's not like I haven't been through this before but this time I've been hitting it hard. More anxious about the physical side effects.

I've only done the cold turkey. Should I increase the Ativan if it gets crazy or have a small amount of wine? I know you guys are not doctors. Just asking from your personal experience. Thanks everyone. Again.

Hope
Old 05-04-2022, 03:26 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi hopeful

Should I increase the Ativan if it gets crazy or have a small amount of wine?
I'm not comfortable with telling you what to do, besides thinking again about seeing a Doctor. Write it down if you don't think you can say it?

D
Old 05-04-2022, 03:58 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi hopeful

I'm not comfortable with telling you what to do, besides thinking again about seeing a Doctor. Write it down if you don't think you can say it?

D
My doctor that I've seen for years recently left the practice.

What did you mean by write it down? Sorry. Didn't understand.
Old 05-04-2022, 04:08 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Congrats to all of you on your victories and days sober. It's crazy that it's been two years we've been here.
Old 05-04-2022, 05:26 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Administrator

I meant sometimes if something is hard to talk about, writing it down instead can help?
I hope you find a new doctor soon.

D
Old 05-05-2022, 06:36 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Free.

Hi hope !
It’s nice to see you.

Old 05-05-2022, 07:04 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Free.

I typed a big message, Hope, but timed out.

Like you, (I think) I’m not good with medications. Naltrexone works for me. I can’t say enough about it. Ask your doc if you get the chance.

I’ve tapered out of fear of dying during withdrawal.
It works if you can do it the way a logical, non-addicted person would map it out on paper.
(same or smaller dose each time, with a greater duration between each time.)
I always entirely quit on day three of a taper. There is no sense prolonging the agony.

I’m late for work. Gotta go.

Take care.

Old 05-05-2022, 09:13 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TiredCarpenter View Post
I typed a big message, Hope, but timed out.

Like you, (I think) I’m not good with medications. Naltrexone works for me. I can’t say enough about it. Ask your doc if you get the chance.

I’ve tapered out of fear of dying during withdrawal.
It works if you can do it the way a logical, non-addicted person would map it out on paper.
(same or smaller dose each time, with a greater duration between each time.)
I always entirely quit on day three of a taper. There is no sense prolonging the agony.

I’m late for work. Gotta go.

Take care.
thank you TC. I’ve never done the taper before but feel it necessary this time. By early evening my blood pressure shot up super high. It kept going up. So I had a couple of glasses of wine. I truly didn’t want it. I needed the feeling of dying to end. I knew if it didn’t stop, I would have to call an ambulance. It was much less than I’ve been consuming per day.

Did you spread it it through the day during your three day taper? On your 4th day hope did you feel when you were completely off? Did you still have the withdrawals? Sorry for so many questions.
Old 05-05-2022, 04:50 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Free.

On day one I usually had one drink (by standard measure) every four hours, stretching it to five or six hours in the evening. On day two I’d have one drink in the morning, then reduce to 1/2 drink each time on the same schedule as the previous day. On day three usually nothing, but if I was still rough I’d have 1/2 drink in the morning, then one more 1/2 drink about 5 hrs later then go entirely sober after that.
It really eased the withdrawals. I’d still have a moderate or worse headache but the scary heart-flutter and spasms were greatly minimized.
That was my experience with it. Of course we are all different.

Take care friends.
Old 05-07-2022, 05:38 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Free.

Road trip!
Taking a drive 4.5 hours to an RV wrecker today. The rooftop AC unit is too far gone on our camper. The wrecker has an exact replacement for us. Another cost unfortunately.
Wife and I always travel well together. Doggies will get an adventure out of it.

Hope you all have a decent day.

Old 05-07-2022, 03:47 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

It could be our internet provider Dee. I think we’re going to switch to another and see what happens.
I still can’t get back to desktop on my phone which makes it difficult for me to navigate, but hopefully I can figure something out.

Hope I’m sending you more love and support. I’ve never done a taper, but I’ve read about plenty of people that do. Maybe you can find a new doctor? I know what you mean about being reluctant to talk about it. I don’t like telling anyone about my own problems either. Except here, I feel safe here. We’re with you all the way ❤️
Old 05-07-2022, 03:48 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Road trip!
Taking a drive 4.5 hours to an RV wrecker today. The rooftop AC unit is too far gone on our camper. The wrecker has an exact replacement for us. Another cost unfortunately.
Wife and I always travel well together. Doggies will get an adventure out of it.

Hope you all have a decent day.

Have a great trip TC
Old 05-09-2022, 06:12 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Free.

Our trip was ok. The jeep started throwing mechanical issues once we got there. This was the first trip in 28 yrs where I didn’t take tools or a jack.
Had to buy some tools at the local hardware store. Limped the vehicle home driving slowly.
Our 9 hour trip turned into 14 hours. We were quite tired by then.
I installed the AC unit yesterday.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Check in with us Hope. I hope things are going ok with you lately. Keep up the good fight. Sending warm thoughts.

Old 05-09-2022, 06:33 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Free.

On day one I usually had one drink (by standard measure) every four hours, stretching it to five or six hours in the evening. On day two I’d have one drink in the morning, then reduce to 1/2 drink each time on the same schedule as the previous day. On day three usually nothing, but if I was still rough I’d have 1/2 drink in the morning, then one more 1/2 drink about 5 hrs later then go entirely sober after that.
It really eased the withdrawals. I’d still have a moderate or worse headache but the scary heart-flutter and spasms were greatly minimized.
That was my experience with it. Of course we are all different.

Take care friends.
Certainly not a panacea. The process was still awful. Still the shakiness, fears, sleeplessness, headache, dread, anxiety, bad tummy, etc…
The only ease was in the full-body spasms, the racing, fluttery, heart. It seemed to ease the hallucinations and it ease the worry of experiencing DTs.

Coming off of alcohol is horrible in any manner.
Glad to be past that part. I have no desire to go there.

Went past 160 days sober today. Will probably have an ice cream treat!

Be well.

Old 05-10-2022, 04:19 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Good Morning! ☀️
I am so grateful to wake up this day eight!
Seven hard days in the bank. I am not going to drink today no matter what! Have a good day y'all!
Old 05-10-2022, 05:05 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Morning everyone.
Old 05-10-2022, 05:43 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Free.

Good morning!

Congrats on day eight Quitorelse. Hope that you’re starting to feel quite a bit better.
Keep up the good fight.

Old 05-11-2022, 02:43 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 160 days TC! I hope you enjoyed your icecream treat!

Well done Quitorelse

Hope how’re you doing? I hope you’re ok.