Notices

Class of December 2021 Part 2

Old 12-26-2021, 10:09 AM
  # 401 (permalink)  

Hi Misc. ❤️
Old 12-26-2021, 11:33 AM
  # 402 (permalink)  
RAL

Great to read everyone got through Christmas and Boxing day. Had a lazy day here. reading a brilliant new book one of my favourite authors. eating chocolates. fire on. Jr RAL will prob be asleep soon-he is shattered! Hoper everyone is ok x
Old 12-26-2021, 11:43 AM
  # 403 (permalink)  

My mother was allowed to visit me in the hospital for 15 minutes today. It was nice to see some family. Spending Christmas Day alone in hospital was no fun, but of course I have my drinking to blame. Hopefully next Dec 23 I'll be celebrating a year sober.

My consultant is going to be working tomorrow so hopefully I'll get out then. He said on Friday I'd be out Saturday but then he wasn't in.

I know the AV will kick into overdrive when I get out but they're just thoughts, they can't hurt me if I don't act on them. And lately my rock bottoms have been so rocky, I really don't want to drink.
Old 12-26-2021, 11:59 AM
  # 404 (permalink)  

Well, Christmas is over! I was a grinch this year with all my drama going on... but I put on a good front and powered thru the holidays. We hosted Christmas, as we do every year. However, my hubby had talked so much trash about me and my dui to his family, it was awkward as hell. Nobody drank in "support" of me and my issues, yet my hubby managed to sneak almost a 5th throughout the day... which nobody noticed. Then the cousin showed up and announced that her brothers wife had passed away that morning due to alcoholism. Which put the spotlight on me and my alcoholism...oh joy. As if I wasn't uncomfortable enough. 🙃 oh well. I am ready for a new year! Rant over.
Congrats on the sober holidays!
Old 12-26-2021, 12:05 PM
  # 405 (permalink)  

Glad you got to see your mum FF

I am sorry BTG....sounds like you really did not get much support at all. And that is devastating about your cousin's brother's wife.
Sending you love honey. xx ❤️
Old 12-26-2021, 12:08 PM
  # 406 (permalink)  

Sorry about your Christmas BTG.
Old 12-26-2021, 12:57 PM
  # 407 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freedomfries View Post
Sorry about your Christmas BTG.
it's all good, I think they do mean well, but go about it the wrong way.

Sorry your back in the hospital! Whatcha going to different this time? We can't keep doing the same thing and expect different results...
Old 12-26-2021, 01:05 PM
  # 408 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Backtogood View Post
it's all good, I think they do mean well, but go about it the wrong way.

Sorry your back in the hospital! Whatcha going to different this time? We can't keep doing the same thing and expect different results...
Not pick up the first drink I guess. Post to SR when I'm tempted instead of letting it eat at me. Immerse myself in recovery literature. I don't know really. I'll try and add more things to my recovery toolbox.
Old 12-26-2021, 01:16 PM
  # 409 (permalink)  

You seem more grounded dear FF....you sound determined....and you can count on all of our support. s ❤️
Old 12-26-2021, 01:34 PM
  # 410 (permalink)  

Thanks venuscat.
Old 12-26-2021, 01:40 PM
  # 411 (permalink)  

Monday morning in Canberra AU (Day 32)

I think I slept a lot better (haha), Another big thunderstorm here last night, love the sounds of nature, went and stood out in it for a few minutes like a lunatic haha

Finished off the last of the Christmas ham and shrimp etc, life can get back to the usual abnormal now, going to finish my coffee then have a look at the weather to see if I can get out for a long walk. I added an unwanted 3kgs or so over the last few weeks haha.

A quiet day in the garden could be just the thing I think, have a great and successful day fam.

Love and support to you all,

D

Old 12-26-2021, 01:40 PM
  # 412 (permalink)  

That’s the spirit FF. There are two ways to look at this - on the one hand we need to be sober, so no more drinking, something we need tools to avoid. On the other hand, once we commit to sobriety we also have the opportunity to not drink, the choice of a better, different life, something we also need tools for.

So make sure you have both sets in there, I was doing great until I just focused on one, won’t make that mistake again!

Best wishes

Mr P
Old 12-26-2021, 01:57 PM
  # 413 (permalink)  

Off to lunch/dinner with my in laws. I really want to order a glass of wine at dinner, just to be salty. (Just kidding). They all watch me like I'm a sideshow. It's annoying, especially when their son is sneaking drinks right in front of them. Anyway! I'm on day 11 AF. Feeling better, depression and anxiety are way more manageable when I'm not drinking. I have to start an out patient recovery program as part of my dui agreement next month. I am kinda excited in the sense that the option to drink will be "off the table". I can just focus on creating a better sober life. That's it for now... Off to another family gathering!
Old 12-26-2021, 02:07 PM
  # 414 (permalink)  

Thanks MrPL.

Off to sleep now shortly. Looking forward to waking up on day 4 and hopefully being discharged from hospital.
Old 12-26-2021, 02:28 PM
  # 415 (permalink)  

Almost dinner time and finally starting to feel human again.
Old 12-26-2021, 02:48 PM
  # 416 (permalink)  

Just as I was trying to get to sleep, the nurse told me I had to get a vitamin drip and an antibiotic drip. Won't be able to sleep until they're done and taken out or me. Sigh.
Old 12-26-2021, 02:55 PM
  # 417 (permalink)  

s
Old 12-26-2021, 03:15 PM
  # 418 (permalink)  

Welcome Misc. Glad you made it through Christmas BTG. Congrats on Day 11. Dan, I think I gained a couple lbs too the last few days. Glad it’s food and not booze doing it. I’m glad you’ll be getting home tomorrow FF. Quite day today but I did get a hike in before it snows tonight. The Arctic air is going be settling in for a week here. Lots of inside projects to do however. Have a good night everyone.
Old 12-26-2021, 03:30 PM
  # 419 (permalink)  

Danglez, a day in the garden sounds amazing.

BTG, ugh I’m sorry you’re going through that with you in laws. I wish they were more supportive and less judgy. Alcohol is an addictive substance. I think after some time I’m really starting to realize I shouldn’t be ashamed of having a drinking problem. It’s a dangerous substance and it’s not marketed that way at all.

Freedomfries, I think you’re on the right track with adding more tools to your tool belt. I know something that helped me was going to meetings. Something about connecting with people (virtually) and a similar goal was helpful. I think AA helped, but I found a real home in recovery dharma.
Old 12-26-2021, 03:56 PM
  # 420 (permalink)  

Yeah I might do some sort of group, maybe SMART. AA was never a great fit for me, I tried it on and off for a few years.