Notices

Class of December 2021 Part 2

Old 12-26-2021, 04:00 PM
  # 421 (permalink)  

Well it's gone midnight so I'm on day 4. Still hooked up to a drip but I think it's finished. Just waiting for the nurse to come by and take it out, then hopefully I can get some sleep.
Old 12-26-2021, 06:35 PM
  # 422 (permalink)  

Sleep well FF. Hopefully your out 2marrow!
Old 12-26-2021, 08:01 PM
  # 423 (permalink)  

Greetings fellow warriors.

I need to catch up on posts and get to know you guys!

Christmas Day was my new day 1. I made a conscious decision to drink again on the 23rd , to see if I could drink “normally” one last time and it turned into a horrible 2 day bender so I am completely convinced now lol and I’m excited to start over and AA is no longer an option for me for various personal reasons so I’m also excited to be finding new tools to navigate the sober world. However I had 3 years of sobriety and I can say from personal experience sobriety is waaaaay better than active alcoholism. And I can’t wait to start living and enjoying sobriety. I know it’s not always going to be easy but that’s why I am here. To get support and to give support.

very happy to be part of this class and I am sorry for everyone struggling, let’s CHOOSE sobriety.

best wishes and lots of love to all
Old 12-26-2021, 09:10 PM
  # 424 (permalink)  

Welcome, Snitch!!

Day 43 ends for me with a good note! Today, my mom commented that my hair looks lustrous and my skin shiny. I can definitely the color returning as more nutrients are available now for my body to focus on other things.

Mentally, I feel more focused, much reduced brain fog and energy during the day.

Wishing everyone a sober day and congrats to folks who are staying strong and to all milestones. Good night from very snowy Seattle!
Old 12-26-2021, 10:14 PM
  # 425 (permalink)  

Good morning. Day 4.

Praying I get out of hospital today. I'll know in a few hours. They hooked me up to more drips while I was sleeping. God, I'm sick of this. But I acknowledge I'm fortunate to have such good health care access.

Don't know what I'll do if I get out of hospital today. Have to keep busy. I think I might go for a jog or a walk anyway, start shedding those Christmas pounds. I'll meditate, want to get a good meditation practice going, settle my mind. Will listen to some of This Naked Mind, I find the book very inspiring.
Old 12-26-2021, 10:24 PM
  # 426 (permalink)  

Take care, FF. Hopefully the insurance covers your hospital bills. Stay away from the poison once you are back home!
Old 12-27-2021, 01:55 AM
  # 427 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone!

FF - hopefully you ll get out today! Finger crossed here, good work on day 4.

calm - day 43 is awesome!

snitch - welcome back! What’s the plan for doing things different this time round?

Start of day 24 here, feeling good, got a rare entire day by myself so will record music non stop

Stay strong everyone!

Mr P
Old 12-27-2021, 02:43 AM
  # 428 (permalink)  

Checking in on day 5.

It's great to read all of your posts and to hear how you're getting on, it's the first thing I do each day. Well second. I can't function until I've had my first cuppa.
Old 12-27-2021, 02:44 AM
  # 429 (permalink)  

Good morning all. I am doing much better today.
Welcome Snitch. I think Christmas day was a great day to start being sober. I've had so many drunk Christmas days that there are mostly just bad memories.
Hi CS. I saw the pictures of the plows trying to clear the football field yesterday. Looked like a losing battle.
Hope you get out today FF.
Old 12-27-2021, 02:57 AM
  # 430 (permalink)  

So according to the health care assistant, my consultant won't be in today or tomorrow because of the bank holidays, which means I'm stuck in hospital until Wednesday. It sucks but I've only myself to blame.
Old 12-27-2021, 05:06 AM
  # 431 (permalink)  

Morning of day 10, so happy that I found my way back here. Last time SR became an adiction for 3 excellent months before complacency set in. Determined to stay forever this time.

FF - ultra optimist as I can be - two more days to immerse yourself in SR?

Snitch - happy to see you back here.

Bob - agreed sober Christmas is a great start, I was very apprehensive but now NY doesn't seem too troublesome.

Told one of my best friends last night, great guy who also worries about his alcohol intake. He asked me "What will you do to treat yourself?" I said "I have realized alcohol is certainly not a treat"

Have a great day everyone.
Old 12-27-2021, 06:25 AM
  # 432 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone.
I joined this group, and lots of past ones too, but with a few exceptions never really committed to losing the booze habit.
But, here I am. I can see how progressive this drinking thing is becoming, and how it can take over our lives. I had a really good stretch earlier this year(good for me not fantastic since I went back to it) and felt great. I want that again. This booze stuff just messes up everything! It's getting kicked to the curb.

I have to catch up on all your posts, I see some familiar faces, so to speak. :-)
Old 12-27-2021, 06:29 AM
  # 433 (permalink)  

Welcome back dear Sam! ❤️
Old 12-27-2021, 06:34 AM
  # 434 (permalink)  

5uper - I second that, cofre first, life comes after

FF - oh boy, but maybe see it as another couple of days to plan how sobriety will work this time round?

Raggedy - well done on day 10. Seems like a lot of us here had the same complacency problem, we must all stick together and keep focused this time!

Sam - welcome, think of what you can do different this time, it’s not my first rodeo either so I’m doing the same.

Good day here so far, making the most of my time off so spent many hours playing music, will exercise for an hour now then back to more music (love those never ending hobbies!)

Stay strong everyone!
Old 12-27-2021, 06:39 AM
  # 435 (permalink)  

Good morning - Snow last night and freezing rain this morning. Wonderful combination! Oh well. Day 37 today. Feeling good but I still get really tired by late afternoon. I'm not sure that's still my body recovering or not. Low key day today here. Looking forward to it.

Welcome Snitch and congrats on Day 1.
Congrats Calm on 43. Thats awesome.
FF - Congrats on Day 4. I'm sorry you're not getting out of the hospital today.
MrP - congrats on Day 24.
5uper - Congrats on Day 10
RaggedyMan - Congrats on Day 10
Welcome back Samwitch - Booze does take over when you let it.

Let's all have a great week and a sober New Years. Christmas has been harder in the past to stay AF, but not this year. I think I have grown a lot in my sober journey this time. Lord knows I've had a lot of practice over the last three years. I'm not going back to the poison.

Old 12-27-2021, 07:16 AM
  # 436 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone, glad to be back here. I'm on day 2 so very very early but an determined. And I'm posting here to keep that determination. I've caught up on a lot of posts, so I'm getting to know the group.
I don't know if I ever explained my situation before, but I'm divorced, no kids, live alone except for my cats/dog and I'm quite happy this way. A few years back I thought I needed a partner but I am realizing I'm better being single. Have some very good friends.

I'm very lucky--good job, nice place, etc. I can't understand why I am so addicted to alcohol-yes I have major anxiety and always have, but I know it gets better when I'm sober. I had a crap year(who hasn't) with some other issues but still...

Anyway, enough about me.
Old 12-27-2021, 07:35 AM
  # 437 (permalink)  

Hi Sam-On day 2 here as well. I'm another that has been down this road before.
Old 12-27-2021, 07:45 AM
  # 438 (permalink)  

Just been listening to This Naked Mind. Fell asleep lol, must be the librium. I'll have to rewind back to what part I remember falling asleep at.

My mother is coming into visit me shortly so that's nice.
Old 12-27-2021, 08:46 AM
  # 439 (permalink)  

Scott, Day 37 is amazing!

Good morning all!
Old 12-27-2021, 08:47 AM
  # 440 (permalink)  

Back and trying. ❤