SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of December 2021 Part 2 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/456624-class-december-2021-part-2-a.html)

Dee74 12-14-2021 12:52 PM

Class of December 2021 Part 2

Last part here:
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...rt-one-20.html

D

RAL 12-14-2021 01:10 PM

Thanks Dee :)

Wise words Suze, thank you. Your story echoes mine. Years ago I would never dreamed of drinking at home. It just wasn't the 'done' thing. Then it became 'normal'. Although my drinking was far from normal.

Thanks for everyone's thoughts and stories. It helps to know we are not alone in this. Went to a meeting. Was ok. So tired too which doesn't help things. Hopefully better sleep tonight. At least it will be better than being in a drunken stupor.
Night all x

kittencat 12-14-2021 02:14 PM

I just got lost! lol

Thanks Scott for the congrats on day 5 but that’s not my # it’s FFs! x

Oh I am still dealing with this cold, can’t breathe.

And oh I am still dealing with an older man on here but I message him as a friend, which he agrees with but he’s been mean a lot lately so I need to end that again. He’s not helping me and is now harming me.

Other than that I’m back to chicken soup.

venuscat 12-14-2021 02:25 PM

Kitten ~ that might be something you may wish to talk to Dee or Anna about. :hug: s
Stick close to us here on the thread....we are always here for you honey xxxxx

Dee74 12-14-2021 02:39 PM

Hi KC
my advice remains the same as it was last time.

Use the ignore function here on SR
Go no contact elsewhere.

The solution is entirely in your hands, y'know?

D

Scott2295 12-14-2021 02:42 PM

Sorry Kittencat, I must have read my notes wrong. I’ll get it right next time!

kittencat 12-14-2021 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 7737667)
Kitten ~ that might be something you may wish to talk to Dee or Anna about. :hug: s
Stick close to us here on the thread....we are always here for you honey xxxxx

Thank you xxxxxxx

freedomfries 12-14-2021 07:13 PM

Just woke up from a drinking dream. It was the stuff of pure fantasy. I was drinking beer slowly in a bar making pleasant conversation with the bartender.

Reality; I'd be getting ********** fast alone in my room making insane reddit posts.

Relieved to have woken up sober Day 6.

Citrus 12-14-2021 07:52 PM

Home and in bed! We won! Looking forward to the next 2 nights at home. I love watching the boys, but it does wear me out about traipsing after them all over the state, lol.

Goodnight all! 💜 :grouphug:

calmself 12-14-2021 10:02 PM

End of day 32. Habit = Trigger + Behaviour + Reward. Avoid triggers and behave differently if there are triggers to retrain your neurons (as opposed to opening the bottle). Since the rewards diminish for drinkers and the triggers only increase (drinking at home, with friends, then when worried / sad / lonely/ bored), this habit is not worth it.
Stay strong folks, Good night from Seattle!

RAL 12-14-2021 10:17 PM

Morning all

Kitten-that sounds unpleasant. I'd be using the ignore button too.

FF-congrats on day 6

Citrus - I hope you enjoy your 2 days rest. you are so busy with sporting events - I hope you get some you time over the next few days :)

Great post calmself thank you :)

Day 15. I woke in the night with sheer relief I didn't drink last night. And this morning too it's great to be clear headed. Yesterday evening was just difficult, as there will be many more such evenings. Thanks for all the help on here. My mind was full of thoughts of events and situations coming up - pure AV. A family member has just opened a pub - oh please come and see us, pop in and have a drink etc. It was all in my head yesterday -yes I want to go and see them and support them. It looks odd me not having been in. BUT I don't want to go into a pub. When everyone around me will be drinking. I have no business in a pub. what to do? Christmas coming up too although that's just the 2 of us and I've had many sober Christmases including last year. I'm in control of my environment etc so that's ok.

Hope everyone has a good day.x

Wastinglife 12-15-2021 12:31 AM

Another monthly class for me. Going to taper off for the next 2 days. The withdrawal symptoms aren't too bad besides shaky hands and intense anxiety. I will check back in here after my taper.

Dee74 12-15-2021 12:33 AM

What happened WL?

D

RAL 12-15-2021 01:02 AM

Welcome WL.

Wastinglife 12-15-2021 01:03 AM

Anxiety attacks and the thought of another Christmas alone. I just needed an escape from my thoughts which never turn off.

Dee74 12-15-2021 02:11 AM

I read the other thread. I hope your friend might still be allowed in provided van status and test results.

D

QuitWhileAhead 12-15-2021 04:05 AM

Good morning everyone!

Day 15, another morning feeling fresh and rested, I just love that so much. Congrats Citrus and RAL on day 15! Calmself, amazing to work to be on day 33 now! And welcome back WL, we have all been where you are, one day at a time.

Work has been intense, our important client is still in town, each day ending with dinner out at nice restaurants and expensive wines. I volunteered to be the one driving our guests to and from their hotel, and I’m so happy that I can do that now, in the past that would never have been possible: I would have had a few drinks even before dinner so that it looked like I was drinking the same amount as everyone else, and then I would top it off with a few more drinks by myself when I got home. I’m so grateful I’m not in that obsessive loop anymore!

Erratic 12-15-2021 04:46 AM

im here also on day 15 x not much to write about.

kittencat 12-15-2021 05:55 AM

RAL, Erratic and QWA, Congrats on day 15!!!

:c011::c011::c011:

kittencat 12-15-2021 05:56 AM

Welcome back WL!