Notices

Class of December 2021 Part 2

Old 12-27-2021, 08:49 AM
  # 441 (permalink)  

(((Citrus))) ❤️❤️
Old 12-27-2021, 10:27 AM
  # 442 (permalink)  

I’m glad you’re back Citrus. You can do this. We are here for you.
Old 12-27-2021, 10:37 AM
  # 443 (permalink)  

Morning all. It's snowing here in Oregon, which means the whole state shuts down. I had a couple of drinks last night after dinner with the in laws. I didn't go crazy, but I want to get right back on the sober train. Otherwise I just spiral and I can't afford to do that with everything going on.
Old 12-27-2021, 11:18 AM
  # 444 (permalink)  

Things could be worse FF. You could be in jail instead of a hospital. Because of the holidays, if you were locked up in jail, court would be closed and you would be stuck there until Wednesday.

Cold Canadian winter weather today. Good thing I'm broke because being stuck inside like this makes drinking very attractive. I will be sober today.
Old 12-27-2021, 11:41 AM
  # 445 (permalink)  

So I'm checking in on my last day.. I cut down to 1.5 glasses of wine last night and I slept all night, 1st time in a long time. Tonight is my mums 70th bday party hence why I wasn't quitting before that date as there would be no way I could have gone to her bday and survived sober and I cant not go she's been my rock lately, I have told her I won't be drinking from tomorrow onwards so as not to invite me for a wine.
Anyway, I'm checking in today to make it much harder for me to not make tomorrow day 1..

Old 12-27-2021, 11:54 AM
  # 446 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wastinglife View Post
Things could be worse FF. You could be in jail instead of a hospital. Because of the holidays, if you were locked up in jail, court would be closed and you would be stuck there until Wednesday.

Cold Canadian winter weather today. Good thing I'm broke because being stuck inside like this makes drinking very attractive. I will be sober today.
That's true.

I don't think I could take Canadian weather. We have fairly mild winters in Ireland and I still hate them.
Old 12-27-2021, 11:55 AM
  # 447 (permalink)  

Red, I know where you're coming from on planning things out. When we get to tomorrow, that's when the real plan starts.
Old 12-27-2021, 11:59 AM
  # 448 (permalink)  

FF-I didn't know you were in Ireland. One of the first things my wife and I were going to do upon retirement was visit Ireland. We still plan on it, but not until there are no longer any lockdowns, restrictions, mandates, etc. If that time ever comes, might ask for visitors advice
Old 12-27-2021, 12:00 PM
  # 449 (permalink)  

Out shopping earlier with my daughter and she suggested we go eat at a particular place. My first thought was that they serve alcohol, and then the fantasising started. Before long I was back to thinking like a drinker and planning my night ahead. I didn't actually drink but the thought processes kicked in; a beer or two with food then pick up a bottle of wine or two on the way home. For a while my AV was back behind the wheel, and it was enjoying it. But then I found the strength to fight back, and I suggested we go somewhere else, somewhere that doesn't serve alcohol. By the time we'd eaten the urges had all dried up, and I can't begin to describe how thankful I feel that I'm writing this sober.
Old 12-27-2021, 12:06 PM
  # 450 (permalink)  

That is wonderful 5upersonic ❤️

I might be asleep, but I will still be with you tonight at your mum's 70th dear Red. Take care tonight.... s xx ❤️
Old 12-27-2021, 12:15 PM
  # 451 (permalink)  

Good to have you on board Red! Day 1 tomorrow!

5uper - great stuff, AV does try. Kw and then but I find the same thing, after a few minutes it’s gone.

Nice peaceful day here, don’t often stay on my own, didn’t say a word to anyone today, feels nice to not have my thoughts clouded by alcohol, it would surely have been the case.

Get my boys for a week tomorrow so looking forward to that!

Old 12-27-2021, 12:40 PM
  # 452 (permalink)  

Got two get well soon cards from my family. Made me feel bad about being in hospital from drinking yet again, but it's nice to know people care. Also got a Christmas card from my friend. I was too much of a drunken mess last week to send him one so feel a bit guilty. But apparently it's a tradition not to send Christmas cards when you've had a death in the family (my grandmother) so I guess I have an excuse. I'll send him a gift when I get some cash, he said in the card there was a gift to follow.
Old 12-27-2021, 12:41 PM
  # 453 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bobdrop View Post
FF-I didn't know you were in Ireland. One of the first things my wife and I were going to do upon retirement was visit Ireland. We still plan on it, but not until there are no longer any lockdowns, restrictions, mandates, etc. If that time ever comes, might ask for visitors advice
Hopefully that won't be too far in the future, though our case numbers are dire right now.
Old 12-27-2021, 01:00 PM
  # 454 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Sam and Citrus

I understand the thinking, Red.
I overshot my quit date many times by drinking too much on a last night last hurrah, then having to keep drinking cos I felt so ill. I hope it works out so you can quit tomorrow as planned.

D
Old 12-27-2021, 01:06 PM
  # 455 (permalink)  

Day 32 begins, 1st coffee in hehe

Took a long walk yesterday, did some cooking (Honey-Soy chicken drummies) and planted my strawberry patch.

A quiet day other than that, similar things in store today. Trying to keep my days fairly full to keep the evil at bay lol.

Wishing you all a good day!

Dan
Old 12-27-2021, 01:46 PM
  # 456 (permalink)  

Honey soy chicken drumsticks sounds delicious.
Old 12-27-2021, 01:49 PM
  # 457 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Danglez View Post
Day 32 begins, 1st coffee in hehe
Isn't that first cuppa of the day one of the greatest pleasures of a sober life?
Old 12-27-2021, 01:55 PM
  # 458 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 5upersonic View Post
Isn't that first cuppa of the day one of life's great pleasures when you're sober?
It sure is :-)
Old 12-27-2021, 02:04 PM
  # 459 (permalink)  

Hi all-
I'm feeling a bit wobbly now. Really fighting the drinking urges. Figured I'd come on here and post instead of giving in to the AV which is telling me--I'm super worried about a friend with health issues and a doc appointment tomorrow--that wine will help me calm down and relax. And one more night can't hurt, I can always quit tomorrow after the "stress" is over. But that's the thing isn't it? It's never over, there are always going to be challenges. I'm holding strong--actually just writing this helps.
Old 12-27-2021, 02:16 PM
  # 460 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Welcome Sam and Citrus

I understand the thinking, Red.
I overshot my quit date many times by drinking too much on a last night last hurrah, then having to keep drinking cos I felt so ill. I hope it works out so you can quit tomorrow as planned.

D
Fortunately for me I couldn't think of anything worse to do than have a drink when my hangover is really bad and it triggers a migraine, it's the only day I won't drink and I can guarantee that will happen tomorrow.. It will be the day after that I need to knuckle down..