Notices

Class of May 2021 Support Thread part 6

Old 12-19-2021, 07:12 AM
  # 281 (permalink)  

I think I can smell the cookies baking....I am betting anything you make is awesome. So here is my address and a priority-paid box

Hope you have a good day. I am here all day, happily on my own enjoying peace and quiet today while my husband is at his music studio bursting his eardrums.

❤️💚
Old 12-19-2021, 01:16 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Lol I go to bed pretty early these days too, usually by 9 anyway
Old 12-20-2021, 01:52 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  

I only just saw your post Suze. Peace and quiet sounds nice
I’m thinking about an early night myself. For some reason I’m really tired and down in the dumps. Maybe I’m just overtired.
Old 12-20-2021, 05:12 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  

I am glad you are tucked safely in bed now Willow s

Sometimes tired is just tired....and I am sure all the christmas stuff is exhausting to navigate.
I think it is totally natural to us as humans to want to turn it off.... but we have far better and healthier ways of relaxing now than we did before. ❤️
Old 12-20-2021, 12:31 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

❤️ Yes we do! Like going to bed I was so tired last night, and I’m a lot better this morning x
Old 12-22-2021, 10:04 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Speaking of tired, now that I’m done with my big commitments I’m so incredibly tired. I want to go to sleep at 7:00pm and wake up at 9:00am.

I'm nervous to start my new self governed schedule but if my plan works I should have a lot more flexibility and be able to simply stop if I don’t feel well and if I want to go out of town.

Did I say I’d put a black bean recipe in here? It’s my favorite one to date. You don’t have to but it’s best if you can let it sit overnight. I don’t use any measurements I just get my hands in and feel for texture and of course it’s totally safe to taste for seasoning.

1 can black beans (drained but save liquid on side)
1 grated peeled raw beet
rolled oats (at least 1 cup)
chia seeds (enough to sprinkle liberally)
salt
black pepper
white pepper
cumin
turmeric
garlic powder
onion powder
any seasoning you like really

smash the drained beans with a fork in a large bowl. Add in the grated beet and incorporate with your hands. Sprinkle oats over the mixture and crush and mix with your hands. If it gets too dry, add a little of the liquid from the bean can. Add spices and seasonings, and sprinkle a good amount of chia seeds while mixing. About 1/2 cup. When it’s all incorporated into a “dough” or it forms pattie’s nicely, add a little bit more liquid and cover it with plastic wrap and let it sit in the refrigerator over night.

When you make them into patties you see that they’re great in a pan or on the stove. I think these are the best
Old 12-23-2021, 01:03 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Ooooh thanks Plenny, I’m going to try these
Old 12-24-2021, 09:38 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. I’ve popped on to read. I was going to post the other day. I was struggling emotionally, and actually just didn’t have the energy to write it all out. I had done so in another group of people that I’ve known for 22 years, and was spent. I got love and support, and I feel better for having purged the negative feelings.

So, today, I’m in better spirits. I’m happy to have my daughter here for a couple of weeks, and son’s school let out a day early because covid is going crazy. We’re just hunkering down for a cozy holiday.

I’m sorry for the emotional toll that hits many of us this time of year. I think it’s important to honor those feelings, and not be pressured by social conventions. Do what you need to feel peace and comfort.

I love you all and Merry Christmas to those that celebrate it.
Old 12-24-2021, 09:55 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Phoebe!!!!! s ❤️💚

Love you to pieces honey.....hope your family has a peaceful Christmas. xxx
Old 12-24-2021, 12:46 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Lovely to hear from you Phoebe ❤️

Merry Christmas everyone, I hope you all have love around you on Christmas Day 🎄 ❤️ xxx
Old 12-24-2021, 12:52 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Old 12-24-2021, 07:40 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas everyone. Love to you Phoebe
Old 12-25-2021, 12:15 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope everyone has, or had, a great day
Old 12-25-2021, 01:07 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate it!

Pheobe it is so good to hear from you! I hope you are enjoying this Christmas Day.

Well, the stockings were hung by the chimney with care, everything got wrapped or baked and I finally have some time to relax. It has been a hard season.

I have not heard from son, other than that card, and I don't think that counts with no message or signature🤷‍♀️. It has been hard, but it is for the best. I am not a thorn in their side now, the thorn goes to someone else. There will always be a thorn to put somewhere. The less scape goats she has the better and the faster he will see her for what she is.

Did get a nice surprise from husband's one daughter, a Merry Christmas. That's all, that's enough, baby steps. Husband has come to realize that his suspicions are true, she is separated from her less than stellar husband. Long story, but she is much better off. Nothing from his other daughter, but maybe in time.

My daughter has been wonderful, as usual. We have had a great holiday with her. She has been around a lot, not going out with friends and chancing the new Covid variant. I have appreciated her so much this season and she has been extra sensitive to my down feelings about her brother. That is a lot on her, and I am trying not to take advantage of that. She is a gem.

So, pretty much all is well here, as good as it is going to get. No drinking and AV has been manageable. Some days to relax some and then back to my back thing. I did find a new doc but couldn't get an appt till April. I talked to his receptionist, and she said to call often, even every week, to check for cancellations and she will get me in as soon as she can. I hope soon. I would like this taken care of and well into recovery by summer!

Merry Christmas everyone and blessings to you all!
Old 12-25-2021, 08:19 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  

I had a houseful of family for Christmas. It wasn’t as bad as I was expecting it to be, as SD decided to just stay for a meal and then head off to spend the night with friends, so wasn’t drinking. So the bar didn’t turn into a cocktail bar as had been planned, because she left. Phew! And I was actually in bed by 8.30pm. I left the others to it and went to bed
Old 12-29-2021, 07:54 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Everyone has been so quiet in here. I hope that means that everyone has been enjoying their holiday!

We really have had a nice one. Husband is home all week and just enjoying himself instead of working around the house all day. He just never stops. Daughter is getting bored and somewhat ready to get back to work. Covid is ramped in this area of FL and so we have, once again stuck close to home. I know we are all ready for this to go away. It scares me because I don't want to get it again, and you can. I still only have minimal taste and smell.

I do have good news...baby #3 has joined us on this big blue planet. A little boy! I know it is my best friend's grandchild, but I feel like a grandparent by proxy. He is a little guy, but mom is older by birth mother standards and did have some problems with her placenta. All went well, no caesarian needed though it was thought she would have one. He turned in the last few days and stuck the landing! It will be a while before I see them, because of Covid, but I will be face timing her this weekend.

I hope everyone is ready for the New Year and I pray it is a good one for us all.

I hope you are resting during your holiday Phoebe. You are in my prayers every day.
Old 12-29-2021, 01:36 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations and Happy New Year OTAAT

D
Old 12-29-2021, 09:14 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Hello all,

Easing into my new schedule here… it’s always difficult. I’ve done it so many times this year. So many flips and changes it can’t be good for my brain! But I enjoy planning out new routines and schedules.

I’m also planning my New Years Eve in with my puppy. There will probably be lots of fireworks nearby so I better stay with him. He gets the calming treats, and probably his snug sweater too. I’ve picked out some TV for us, and I plan on heating up a frozen pizza. Then I’m going to try out one of my delivery apps on New Years Day and see if maybe the hungover masses will order a lot of delivery that day. Maybe it’ll be lucrative.

Also New Years Day was the day I met my sweet puppy. I took him home and he was so small and sweet and I had to keep him, even though I was not in a great place in my life! I’m so glad I did. He has taught me so much and he has sobered me up. I am learning about how my emotional sobriety affects my relationships, and how to truly care for another being. Getting sober was a big element in giving him proper care. This experience has really changed my life. Those years of caring for drunk partners didn’t hurt either! I think raising a puppy is only slightly more challenging!!

I hope y’all will be having a nice New Years and checking in when you can

Old 12-29-2021, 09:57 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sounds great Plenny - Happy New Year

D
Old 12-30-2021, 06:09 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Beautiful post dear Plenny. s

So much love to you and OneThing and Phoebes and Willow and Dee s ❤️