Notices

Class of May 2021 Support Thread part 6

Old 10-03-2021, 01:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of May 2021 Support Thread part 6

Last part here:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...rt-5-a-20.html (Class of May 2021 Support Thread Part 5)

D
Old 10-03-2021, 01:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good morning dearest D....huge hugs for you. xx Just because. ❤️
Old 10-03-2021, 04:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

“i phoebes, don’t worry about the thread I’m sure we just want you to be able to have the floor. We’re feeling the shock too with you and want to be here to listen. I’m sure you would love distractions though so everybody will pipe up again soon. I’m a little worried about One Thing too but I’m hoping she’ll check in before too long

things are ok where I immediately stay. The surrounding area is really damaged. My foster mom wants me to move. I have to really think about that. I don’t want to make any major changes until next May but I’ll think about it all

how are you feeling?”

Copied to make it easier to carry it forward and respond.

That’s tough about the area, and considering a move. As, Suze asked, where to? I’m not sure I’m remembering right, but years ago, in another SR class we shared, I thought you were in NYC. I remember you being a chef, and other things, maybe just presumed. Is the south “home” fir you? It’s a lot to think about. 💕

I’m kind of in limbo. I have to get an MRI, and have some consultations scheduled before I jump onto the treatment train.

My daughter sent me gorgeous flowers. 💕. I’ll share.
Old 10-03-2021, 04:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

She’s awesome, and you all know, we’re close, but she did surprise me. She’s had a very busy week, and this took maturity and getting out of her own head. That’s important in her journey, from my perspective as her mother, so, it’s so much more than just flowers. She’s becoming a woman, and handling tough stuff in life with grace.
Old 10-03-2021, 06:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

They are beautiful flowers Phoebe
Thanks Suze
Old 10-04-2021, 03:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Those flowers are beautiful Phoebe ❤️
Sending you more hugs of support ❤️

Plenny I think it’s good to give yourself time to really think about whether you want to move or not. Weigh up the pros and cons and not rush. I have a tendency to be a bull at a gate sometimes, but I think I’d benefit from not making rash decisions.

Thanks for the new thread Dee

I’ve been offline a few days as there’s no phone reception and hence no internet connection out on our bush camp. We got a lot done over the long weekend, but now I’m exhausted and ready for bed.
Old 10-04-2021, 07:04 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee, thanks Willow. 💕.

If it all isn’t enough, I seem to have an intestinal bug. Was a terrible night. I probably should covid test because several appointments ahead. It’s easing up, but definitely a bug.
Old 10-04-2021, 07:07 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Oh gosh.....that is not good. Although I am glad it is easing up. s ❤️
Old 10-04-2021, 01:30 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I hope your belly settles down quickly Phoebe
Old 10-05-2021, 03:19 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Onething I hope you’re ok. Sending lots of healing love ❤️
Old 10-05-2021, 05:44 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Oh my, I am sorry, I didn't mean to make you all worry!

I am fine, really, just trying to follow doctor's orders and stay active, and it is wearing me out! I do have an appointment for this morning and have her check my eyes, I seem to have conjunctivitis again ☹. I guess I really am a Covid long hauler. I am asleep about 7 pm every night, feed monster cat at 9 pm, then again at 3am and back to bed till 7am. This is just getting on my nerves and being active as I can during the day just wears me out.

Husband and daughter are doing fine though, so that is good. Husband came home on Friday night and did well on his trip, not overly tired. We finally went and picked out our flooring so, everything is being ordered for that and we are getting some things done around the house before the flooring is put in so the house will be ready by Thanksgiving. I think he will be home for the week, one never knows with his job.

I am doing fine, other then just being worn out. I will see what the doc has to say this morning. Thank you all for the concern
Old 10-05-2021, 05:54 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Phoebe, I just went back in the tread and read your news. I am so sorry. It is very stressful and I am so sorry that you have to go through this.

It really is amazing how much they can do now. I know you will hear lots of stories of others who have had it and I will tell you my cousin just went through the same thing over the past year, she is doing great now but as she put it, it is just a sad thing to go through and I am sorry that you do.

We are here for you! Sending you lots of love!
Old 10-05-2021, 01:07 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to hear from you OTAAT
hope the bug is passing Phoebe…hi Suze and Willow

D
Old 10-05-2021, 01:11 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi Dee

Great to hear you’re doing ok Onething. I hope the fatigue goes soon and your eyes settle down.

Hugs everyone
Old 10-06-2021, 05:03 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Phoebe, I hope you are feeling better. Right now it is always a good thing to get Covid off the list.

Went to the docs yesterday and I am what I am. She gave me new drops for my eyes, it could be that it is allergies aggravating them, but it is an infection and I see my eye doc next week to get things checked out. If I didn't have enough, the Klippel Feil can effect the eyes and both retinas have wrinkles in them already, I just can't put age defying cream there, so it is best I get that checked out.

I may have a bit of a sinus infection also. She didn't give me anything for that yet. She is also an osteopath so I am going to continue to use the nasty neti pot and we will see how it looks at the end of the week. She gave me some immune boosting supplements also. We did an EKG in her office and that was good. I went for some blood work and a chest x-ray yesterday and an echocardiogram today, just to be sure. Covid can leave some weird stuff behind so she is going to check it all. I am still congested but I have not been using my inhaler and now I have too. It is albuterol and full of steroids and I hate steroids. It doesn't matter if I like it or not, I need to use it 4 times a day.

So that is me. Just the running around made me want to sink into the couch and sleep it all off, but I can't. I still have to keep moving, it is the best thing for me or my body will get weaker faster. It is good that I have been active and on husband's diet, she was really happy about that. If I threw in some juicing it would not be a bad idea either. I do have some good recipes for juices so that isn't bad.

Husband is leaving today ☹ for VA and will not be home till maybe next week. It will be a hard day today for Petey and I, though Petey is quite fond of me right now. He is like an infant being fed on demand 🤦‍♀️. We have things down to a science with his food and I am not messing with what works, but if it gets to be that he wants to be bottle fed, we have a problem!

I do hope everyone is doing well and thank you Dee for starting our new thread. Thank you all for being here.
Old 10-06-2021, 05:31 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Onething, glad to hear from you! So sorry you’re still suffering from covid effects. Your dr sounds on top of it.

Thanks for all the good thoughts and wishes everyone. I’m better from the tummy bug, mostly. Just eating bland. I’m still getting worked up, and have an MRI tomorrow. I’ve been fortunate enough to get connected to the actual Chief of Breast Cancer at the major cancer institute in Boston. He just so happens to be friends with a friend I reached out to, because she’s a breast cancer survivor. She texted him, and he called me personally within 2 hours. I’m expecting to be contacted by his team and scheduled for an official appointment. He was encouraging and said my prognosis is good, but the treatment is long. Chemo, surgery, more chemo and other kinds of cancer fighting drugs, then radiation. A year of all of it. Sigh…. But I trust my friend who said he’s counseled several friends and family for her, including her 2 sisters. So, I’m probably going to choose him for my care. I do have appointments with more local doctors too, and hope to be settled with a team by the end of next week.
Old 10-06-2021, 06:30 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

That sounds fantastic as far as having the best possible doctor Phoebe. I am very glad to hear that. s

And I hope your eyes start to feel a bit better dear OneThing. xx

Sending you both SO much love. ❤️❤️
Old 10-06-2021, 01:40 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

That sounds like you’re in the best hands Phoebe. I’m so glad you have such a good doctor looking after you

You too Onething, it sounds like your doctor is right on top of things too.

I have been feeling really down again the last few days, crying when driving to and from work. Not about work, just really missing my Mum and feeling really sad about being here without her. I thought about it laying awake in bed last night, and I got to thinking about the fact that I had dropped my SAM-e dose down to half the dose a few weeks ago. A few times I have tried to reduce it with the thought that maybe I can wean myself off it as it’s really quite expensive. It’s only a natural supplement, to boost serotonin production in the body and improve joint and liver health, but it really seems to help me feel better.
Anyway, I thought stuff the expense, if it’s making me feel better I should keep taking it, and I ordered some more online last night in bed.
And this morning I went back to taking the original dose I had been taking. My previous psychologist and my GP both recommend it, especially as I can’t seem to take prescription anti depressants because of the side effects (I’ve tried several).

Anyway, I’ll see how my mood is over the coming weeks….

Sending love to everyone ❤️
Old 10-06-2021, 01:59 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

How much did we spend on wine though love? Without ever thinking twice.
You are worth the cost of this....you and your doc both think it is helpful. s xx
Old 10-06-2021, 02:07 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Administrator

D