Notices

Class of May 2021 Support Thread part 6

Old 12-31-2021, 01:34 PM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Well, it has been quite a year and now to wait for the new one to come. No complaints about this last year, the struggles were lessons learned and the blessings were marvelous, no complaints, especially ending the year sober.

Some TV tonight and I am sure that someone will wake me for the New Year. I can't sit on the couch long without knocking out. This year will be more exercise, my new treadmill came the other day and a better diet, I am over the great need for sugar. Get my back fixed and I will be a new woman!

Happy New Year to everyone and thank you for being there for me. Love you all!
Old 12-31-2021, 01:38 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Love you dear OneThing....HNY to you sweetie.
I am afraid there is no way I will make it till midnight, nor do I want to. s xx
Old 12-31-2021, 01:55 PM
  # 303 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a great night whatever’s happening guys

D
Old 01-01-2022, 09:08 AM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Onething, congratulations for thriving in sobriety. Every day sober gives your body a chance to heal.
Old 01-01-2022, 06:24 PM
  # 305 (permalink)  

Happy New Year everyone ❤️
Old 01-04-2022, 09:49 PM
  # 306 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. New year is starting off nice and slowly. I am really trying to keep things simple for a good long while and focus on myself and self development. I have not been exercising but I think that’s the next layer to add to the character alchemy I’m trying to do. The meditation and mindfulness has been really life changing. I know exercise on top of that will also help with my moods.

what’s the temperature like where y’all are? It’s finally cold again here
Old 01-04-2022, 10:27 PM
  # 307 (permalink)  
Administrator

Its hot and humid here Plenny.

D
Old 01-06-2022, 10:57 PM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Yep, as Dee said, hot and humid! It’s been pretty awful here the last few days. We went up into the mountains to escape, but are back home now for work on Monday. Thank goodness for air conditioning! 🥵
Old 01-07-2022, 05:14 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  

It is -11C here. Now that may not be cold for TC and WL, but for this Aussie it is a bit

Old 01-07-2022, 06:23 AM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Happy New Year, a bit late. I once couldn't imagine that winter would be warm and humid as it is in Australia, but here I am in FL and we have had so many 80 degree days! The humidity is low so all of this quite enjoyable. My azaleas are blooming nicely, my aloe vera are beginning to bud and multiply, and my hibiscus is flowering up a storm. We have been down here a couple of years and it still amazes me. We just go from fall, spring to summer, it seems.

Plenny, I am with you on the exercising. My husband bought me a treadmill, to go along with my exercise bike, and I already had weights, so half of my bedroom is a gym now. I love walking outside but the construction is beginning to hit full speed here and there is too much heavy equipment up and down our roads now. I am safer on the treadmill, and I don't have to worry about my balance.

I am starting to hit the winter doldrums, even with it being so nice out. I guess it is the shorter days. AV has been kicking in hard but I am still kicking back. I talked with my brother and SIL this week and it was fun till the subject of my son came up. I just told that I was going to keep him blocked, the holidays were so peaceful, and I liked the peace. I think everyone should be left in peace and let our higher power handle it. My brother fully agreed with me and added that son and monster bride has contacted him and want to talk trash about me. It was inevitable that it would happen, and brother let him know that he wanted no part in it. I think that has set me off too. It is what it is, and it is best that I stay out of the mix, because the outcome will inevitably be the same every time. My family is small, and son and my circles really aren't the same so I hope that will be the end of that. It does still hurt though.

I hope everyone is staying warm or cool depending on where you live! I do miss the snow but not the cold, so I am good just seeing pictures from friends and hearing my teacher friends pray for a snow day as much as the kids do.

I do hope you are doing well Phoebe. I think about you every day!
Old 01-07-2022, 06:30 AM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Morning dear OneThing....and sorry....I got my threads mixed up before.

Enjoy your lovely warm weather! s ❤️
Old 01-07-2022, 02:11 PM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Good morning
it’s summer here, so our days are long at the moment. I love the extra hours of daylight, and I love the warm weather, but could do without the humidity.

Suze it must feel so cold for you after growing up and living in Aus for so much of your life

Onething I hope you manage to get some peace soon ❤️

Phoebe I’m thinking of you too ❤️

Plenny I haven’t been exercising much either, I really do need to do more!
Old 01-07-2022, 02:16 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  

I am getting used to it Willow... -11 and I can still pop out to take the rubbish or whatever in a singlet top and light hoodie.
Old 01-07-2022, 09:54 PM
  # 314 (permalink)  

The temperature here has been up and down so much I’m feeling wobbly and of course having a covid scare. No one could be more masked and distant than me in my circles! Who knows

i told my sponsor I couldn’t do our sponsorship relationship anymore… I really like her and think she’s done some amazing things but I started feeling really stressed out about all the things in my schedule. I think I’m going to try to work with my therapist through the rest of the steps. There’s certainly some amends I want to make, and I found the practice of keeping inventory really transformative. Service is always a part of my life, but I had emptied myself people pleasing for so many years that I really guard these hard won boundaries. I don’t think she really understood that, or much about me for that matter. I secretly think she was overwhelmed too with someone like me and her new baby and everything going on. I’ll never say anything bad though I think AA is awesome. I’m not throwing it away. I’d recommend this to anyone. I’m still going to be around.

yikes it’s cold again. It’s extra chilly here by the big river.

Old 01-08-2022, 06:21 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  

Sounds to me like you are taking what you need and leaving the rest dear Plenny. Which any good sponsor will tell you to do.
Sponsors are guides, yet there seems to be a big issue with many taking on their sponsee as if they are an employee who must do as told.

I love the idea of sharing the steps with your therapist ~ someone who will listen and just pick up on any stress you are carrying and perhaps help you over those tough parts.

Love to you and all of the class. s

Old 01-08-2022, 01:32 PM
  # 316 (permalink)  

Hi guys. Happy New Year! I’ve caught up, and thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. 💕.

Plenny, I love how much your dog enriches your life, and your caring thoughts for him. You’re also doing such great work on your sobriety and self care.

I’m also intending to add more exercise to my life. We got a treadmill for Christmas. I can’t say I’ve used it much. My intent was simply to walk as able, and not have to go outside in the cold to do it. But, I’ve not been feeling very well or very motivated. The treatment has me very fatigued and I was queasy much of this week. But, good news is only 3 more of these tough chemo treatments. Whew.

I’ve been depressed since the new year. The isolation is getting to me. I need to be extra careful about covid, and there’s not much to look forward to for me this year. I’m just going to get myself through it as best I can and hope 2023 will be truly renewing for me, and the world. This pandemic is just unreal.

Our daughter is still here through tomorrow. Sadly, she’s feeling a bit off today with a scratchy throat and sinus symptoms. She took a test for covid and is negative, but, she’s still keeping to herself to be safe. That’s a bit disappointing on her last night here before going to her apartment. It’s been nice having he here.

I think of you all, Onething, Willow, Plenny, Suze, Dee, Dickinson, and send love. 💕
Old 01-08-2022, 01:48 PM
  # 317 (permalink)  

So much love dearest phoebes ❤️
Old 01-08-2022, 01:55 PM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Hi everyone

Lovely to hear from you Phoebe Sending you healing love ❤️
I hope your daughter is feeling better soon, and that you get through the rest of your treatments without feeling too unwell You’re right that this pandemic is dragging on, 2 years and we’re still struggling with it. I hope life can return to some kind of normality without isolation and lockdowns soon.

Plenny I agree with Suze, I think you’re right to take what you need and leave the rest, in regards to your own personal journey of recovery. I think you’re doing great!

Suze I can’t believe you went out in -11 in just a singlet top & a hoodie! Where were your pants and shoes?!
But seriously, I would have been rugged up to the max!
Old 01-08-2022, 04:06 PM
  # 319 (permalink)  
Administrator

If it helps Phoebe I'm in isolation too.
Gotta keep busy and occupied.

D
Old 01-10-2022, 08:03 PM
  # 320 (permalink)  

Hi Phoebe, it must be extra frustrating to have to be so much more vigilant. Something I keep thinking about is in the early days of the pandemic when we were quarantined, we’d say things like “alone, together.” It does still feel that way to me. I’ve isolated myself very much and am still living in distance to others. I’m sometimes comforted by things like that, oddly.

thank you all for your kind words, I like to really experience things before I form an opinion and I went into AA with an open heart. I found wonderful transformative helpful tools. I’d recommend it to anybody really. I am glad I know so much more about it now.