Notices

Class of May 2021 Support Thread part 6

Old 10-15-2021, 07:27 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

OneThing, Overtone makes beautiful colors in a rich conditioner I wonder if they’d work on white hair?
im using them while I grow out my greys
Old 10-16-2021, 05:40 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

White hair with colours put in sounds gorgeous....I have half grey half brown hair and I bought some pink and blue wash out colour to try ages ago, but I have not tried it....not quite sure what to do I guess.

Old 10-16-2021, 10:08 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Hi guys! Exhausting week of appointments. I should try fun colors before going bald!! Treatment starts November 1.

Old 10-17-2021, 07:20 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

More love dearest Phoebes. ❤️❤️
Old 10-17-2021, 10:35 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Phoebe, All Saints Day, that is as good a day to start as any. I will be praying for you, especially on that day.

Yup, I think I am going to do it, let it just grow out and have fun with it. I was discussing it with a friend of mine and she looked through my roots (good friend for many, many years, almost my sister) and she said she saw nothing but white through my scalp. Why not, it could be fun.

Husband and I did have fun visiting with them and their daughter and grandson came over for a bit. They have a cool house with a MIL house attached. MIL house is as big as friend's old home and her daughter, who is expecting again, has a huge home. It is beautiful and out in the country, they love it as much as we do here.

Grandson has a birthday on 10/31 and husband wanted to bring him his present, that husband picked out. He is such a smart boy for 4 and my husband insists he will be an engineer! He bought him this really cool robot dog appropriate for his age level and he took to it right away. Husband was so proud. They have a daughter who just turned 2 and she is the polar opposite, adventurous and full of personality. Friend's daughter is going to have her hands full with those babies.

Old 10-17-2021, 11:27 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Hi OneThing s xx
Old 10-17-2021, 01:29 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Hi everyone
We had a lovely weekend away. We didn’t get the water tank all sorted out because my partner needed a different spanner 🤷‍♀️ but he hooked up a temporary smaller tank to some old guttering that he attached to the roof, so at least we can collect some rain water if it rains

And Saturday marked 5 months without a drink for me. I’m really happy to be sober still, but I know I need to remain vigilant. I have a 60th birthday to attend in a couple of weeks and I already know there will be pressure from drinkers to join them in toasting the birthday girl. I’m planning to be designated driver…. It’s at a bowls club so I don’t know what alternative drinks will be available, but they will have soft drinks I’m sure.
Old 10-17-2021, 01:43 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Congratulations Willow for five months. Keep up the good work.
Old 10-17-2021, 02:33 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

5 months Willow! That means I’m right around the corner just behind you! That was not meant to sound menacing

Can’t wait to see hair color pictures

I’m struggling a bit at the moment. It’s an old tired story. I’m still in love with my ex. Sometimes it’s just really really tough to accept that we’re not together and we may never see each other again. It hurts.

the only thing that comforts me is the practice of turning everything over to my higher power. If it is meant for me it will come my way. I’m small and the universe is vast and I’m just here to see what it has in store for me next and use my tools to react the way the person I want to be would react…. Hopefully paving the road to the life I want to lead. I pray all the damn time.

thinking of all of you when it comes to this too. We’re all in the soup together. Ha
Old 10-18-2021, 06:04 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Plenny.

Congratulations on 5 months, Willow!
Old 10-18-2021, 11:16 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Congratulations Willow!

Hi Venus!

Thinking of you Plenny. I know it is hard but there is someone out there waiting for you, I just know it. Things work out the way they should.

It is fall here in Florida, got up to 61 degrees, brrrrr. No more 90 degree weather for a while, our air conditioner is taking a large breath of relief.

I did go out walking and my lungs sure bothered me, thank God for my inhaler. I got the walk done so I am making progress and sticking at it. I have to get rid of this weight, and get everything moving. It is now imperative that I do it. I will get used to walking with the cooler air. It is funny how everyone's perspective is different with the weather. Phoebe, I am sure 61 must give you a big chuckle, I would imagine your mornings are in 40's now.

We are waiting here to find out when husband leaves for the week. Kansas this week. He loves his job, that is for sure and is ready to be out on the road a bit more. He does plenty around the house but he sure loves his work. I am glad he has a job he loves so much.

We will have days were it is just Petey and I again, Petey doesn't really like that, he is his Papa's boy. I am glad to report that he has been behaving himself food wise. I hope it lasts. If I roll over in bed he is right there next to me but so is the squirt bottle. He is a being a gentleman, or is it gentle kitty?
Old 10-18-2021, 11:26 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Hi love s ❤️
Old 10-18-2021, 12:49 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

hi everyone and thanks

Plenny you gave me a chuckle about being right around the corner
I agree with you about praying and letting things unfold as they will. If it’s meant to be it will. But it can be so hard waiting and yearning for someone or something we don’t have. But I agree with Onething too, I believe the right person for you will come along, whether it’s your ex or another I don’t know, but it will be the right one for you ❤️

Onething I’m glad Petey is behaving. Maybe just knowing the squirt bottle is there is enough. I don’t have to use mine anymore, but I keep it handy I’m glad you’re able to get out walking, I think it’s the best exercise.

Phoebe how are you doing? Sending you a big hug
Old 10-18-2021, 03:44 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Congratulations Willow on 5 months - we have the same anniversary and it is so lovely to see how well you have done!
Old 10-18-2021, 03:53 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Congrats to you too dearest Dusty! s ❤️
Old 10-18-2021, 05:07 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Yes! Congratulations to you too Dusty
Old 10-18-2021, 08:26 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Congrats Dusty!

Thank you for your support and reassurance everyone.

I started really committing to my gratitude list. Either in the morning or at night. And I put it right on my kitchen table where I eat breakfast and dinner. I happened to also have a new deck of tarot cards nearby so I started pulling 3 and contemplating them either before or after my GL. Then I started writing down the idea I got from the cards, to help guide me through my day. This seems like something people have been recommending to me for about a decade

The sooner I succumb to the tried and true advice of people who have been through it, the better. I try not to beat up on myself for past decisions but I really wish I had been able to do all of this sooner.
Old 10-19-2021, 01:31 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

I know what you mean Plenny. I’m not great at doing what I know I should, following advice of those wise ones who have been through it. Like meditation. I’ve tried multiple times but just can’t get into it. I do some yoga, which is on the right track, like a moving meditation, but I can’t seem to do seated meditation. Well it’s probably not a case of can’t, I just don’t seem to be able to motivate myself to do it, although countless times I’ve heard of it’s benefits. Maybe I’ll try 5 minutes after yoga today. At the moment I’m only managing to stay on the yoga mat for 10-15 minutes in the morning, but it’s better than nothing, which I was doing previously.

Same with gratitude. I’m making an effort to think about what I’m grateful for, but haven’t gotten to the point of writing it down.

At the moment, I’m committed to checking in on SR every morning, unless I’m unable to because of no internet reception, when I’m out bush, in which case I still mentally check in
Old 10-19-2021, 07:03 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Willow — I hear that! For years I thought about a gratitude list. My sponsor asked me repeatedly if I had been making mine and after a while it finally clicked. I hope the same will happen with meditation for me. I’d love to be a person who meditates.

the cards have been super helpful too. I like organizing my thoughts and setting intentions for the day. It’s like a game. I need games.

my life is pretty simple these days. And I’m pretty grateful for that. I am running on a tight routine. It’s a first for me. Being able to do things how I want to do them. I mean, using the cards I’ve been dealt of course
Old 10-20-2021, 01:31 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Hi guys. I’m not good at meditation either. I have the calm app on my phone. I should use it. I’ve tried a few times, but get impatient with it and can’t turn my brain off! Guess I need to try it more regularly.

Ive been spending tons of time reading up on my breast cancer diagnosis, and in a couple of support groups to prepare/steel myself for chemo. Starts on November 1st. I’m terrified.