Notices

Class of April 2021 Support Thread Part One

Old 04-18-2021, 11:04 PM
  # 461 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning x
its my day 1 and also start of my 7day liver flush today. so will prob be hanging around more than usual xx
good to see some more new peeps and so many posts x

have great day everyone x
Old 04-18-2021, 11:09 PM
  # 462 (permalink)  

13 hours off nicotine. Dying for a vape or a smoke.

Just went for a run and had a healthy breakfast. My shin was acting up towards the end of the run. Hope that doesn't become a problem. I'd really like to make running a habit.

tried to meditate but just wasn't feeling it. Will try again later.
Old 04-19-2021, 01:43 AM
  # 463 (permalink)  

Hi everyone
I’ve been so busy. Work was nuts today. I’m just finishing up day 35, so that’s 5 weeks!
Longest I’ve been sober in ages.... hopefully I can keep it up this time.

I’m still getting drinking thoughts, and especially now about drinking in the future. The AV is trying to justify drinking at certain future events so I have to be really careful to not let those thoughts take root in my mind.
I’m calling it out, for an upcoming work dinner and an upcoming trip away in the next few months. I’m going to have to be really vigilant about stopping those thoughts about drinking.
Old 04-19-2021, 05:26 AM
  # 464 (permalink)  

I've decided to continue vaping for the time being. I was making too many changes at once.

Day 19 off booze. Day 2 off cigarettes. Day 1 off pepsi max. Diet is going well. Walked and ran 6k today. Going to do some yoga this afternoon. Things are going pretty well.
Old 04-19-2021, 05:41 AM
  # 465 (permalink)  

I was thinking it was a bit too much at once dear FF.
GIad you are going weII. s ❤️
Old 04-19-2021, 05:47 AM
  # 466 (permalink)  

So much Iove dear PIenny ~ I think it's good you are Iooking for a job that's a better fit. s
And I think you are doing so weII...just keep Iiving your Iife Iove, and the sadness wiII dissipate.
Give yourseIf time. s ❤️

With you every step dear Erratic. ❤️

Old 04-19-2021, 05:50 AM
  # 467 (permalink)  

When the AV is whispering dear WiIIow, it is just thoughts.
Thoughts we have the power to ignore.
Thoughts we have the power to caII out...and the more we caII them out, the Iess power they have over us. ❤️

Old 04-19-2021, 06:33 AM
  # 468 (permalink)  

Congratulations Willow on five weeks! That’s wonderful. Thanks again with the help about saving those threads. A Luther one I liked and saver is the it’s been three years- no one is going to save you.

FF congratulations on day 19! I think if you post in the exercise threads about the shins someone may give you some good advice. I think you need possibly new shoes and our aerobic capacity increases faster than our muscles and bones etc. so I always heard is start out slowly and only increase distance about 10% per week.

I made it thru another sober sleepless night!

Have a great day everyone.
Old 04-19-2021, 07:05 AM
  # 469 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

afternoon x
good going FF x
ive had majority of the apple juice i have been told to drink, im on my 2nd green tea and had my water and half lemon this morn. also for something to eat i had some celery and hoummos, so prob have tuna and some green leaves for tonight supper. so things not going to bad and not thinking to much about booze so im with u on that one willow xx good job on 5 weeks x good job also sober x
Old 04-19-2021, 08:43 AM
  # 470 (permalink)  

My whole dramatic lifestyle change isn't going great. I went for my run this morning as planned but my shin got sore at the end so that's concerning. I tried to meditate but gave up after seven minutes. I'm struggling to find the motivation to do my yoga practice. At least the diet is going well. I ate three healthy low calorie high protein meals and had fruit and milk as snacks. I'll get round to doing the yoga this evening. It's so boring though but I think a daily yoga practice will benefit me. And I'll meditate for the full fifteen minutes as planned. Got out for some short walks for exercise and to challenge my agoraphobia so that was good.

Just a bit disappointed things aren't going perfectly. This was supposed to be day 1 of an exciting new chapter in my life.
Old 04-19-2021, 08:48 AM
  # 471 (permalink)  

Good morning Aprils. It was so nice having my daughter home for a few days. I basically shopped, cooked, cleaned up, on repeat. Was tired yesterday, so took a nap. My son is on April vacation this week. Maybe we’ll go somewhere for a day. Covid still makes that hard. I bring him for his first vaccination tomorrow. Our daughter gets her first shot today.

I’m feeing a bit flat/blue today. Just missing my daughter. Not going to drink over it.

Oh, I just tried to distract myself with happy thoughts and remembered that our dear niece gave birth to her first child yesterday, a boy! I’ll cheer myself up by shopping and sending them a gift. 😊. We gave them an item from a registry, but it’s fun to choose some cute baby clothes.
Old 04-19-2021, 11:06 AM
  # 472 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freedomfries View Post

Just a bit disappointed things aren't going perfectly. This was supposed to be day 1 of an exciting new chapter in my life.

Keep your chin up freedom, it sounds like you’re taking an awful lot on. Be kind to yourself if it doesn’t plan out as you envisaged. 👍

Happy Monday all. Congrats to everyone on their efforts.

Day 9 for me.
Old 04-19-2021, 11:08 AM
  # 473 (permalink)  

😳

double post
Old 04-19-2021, 11:09 AM
  # 474 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freedomfries View Post

Keep your chin up freedom, it sounds like you’re taking an awful lot on. Be kind to yourself if it doesn’t plan out as you envisaged. 👍

Happy Monday all. Congrats to everyone on their efforts.

Day 9 for me.
Old 04-19-2021, 12:14 PM
  # 475 (permalink)  

Congrats on your new great nephew, Phoebe!

Congrats on day 9, tufty!

Keep going, Erratic. You can do this!

I'm just finishing day 5 bulimia-free now. That's the best I've achieved since my stumble back in February. Yay! 🙂
Old 04-19-2021, 12:16 PM
  # 476 (permalink)  

Awesome dear Devizes!!!!! ❤️
Old 04-19-2021, 01:29 PM
  # 477 (permalink)  

Hi everyone

Thanks Suze I need to keep remembering to call the AV thoughts out. In the past I have just let them simmer away in the background, but I know where that led me and I don’t want to go there. I am going to be away this coming weekend in a self catered accommodation that I remember last time left complimentary port in the room and then I have a work dinner coming up soon and I think I will volunteer to be designated driver... I need to keep my sober wits about me.

Welcome back Countrystix. How are you going today?

15 days is great OTP Having plans for the weekend really helps me. I find Sunday is my most difficult day. I used to drink most on Sundays as I had the whole day free. Mondays were dreadful.... It’s great that your husband is on board too! That would be such a good support. It might be fun to find a new hobby you can both do together

Well done Devises! That’s really great

Plenny your coffee outing with your friend and dog sounds lovely. It’s so good to be able to things like that, which we generally wouldn’t do if we were drinking.

Sober53, I couldn’t sleep in the early days either, but my sleep is definitely improving, hopefully yours will too

Erratic I’m glad the liver detox is going well so far. Hopefully this is a wonderful boost for your health

Freedom, well done on 19 days! You’re going great. Sometimes we can have too high expectations of ourselves about perfection, and like Suze and Tufty, I wondered if it was perhaps too many changes all at once? Just not drinking and trying to do some exercise and eat healthy nutritious food is about all I can do. And forgive myself for the occasional sweet treats that keep sneaking in... I think you’re doing really well. Try not to be too disappointed if things aren’t perfect. Not drinking is a great start. The rest will fall into place, maybe not all 100% at once. Sometimes slow but steady wins the race...

Congratulations on your niece’s baby Phoebe, that’s such happy news ❤️

Tufty congratulations on 9 days!

I’ve been having some really weird dreams lately. A lot about old childhood friends. People that I don’t really think much about now. Friends from my pre-drinking days. Maybe old memories and thoughts are surfacing now that I’m not drowning my emotions and thoughts in alcohol.

I need to make a plan for this weekend as I will be away for a couple of nights where there’s likely to be free alcohol in my room. Just because it’s free, I don’t have to drink it, but the AV is starting to jump up and down in the background so I need to smack it into submission before I am faced with temptation.
Old 04-19-2021, 01:34 PM
  # 478 (permalink)  

AIso Iove, you can caII ahead and ask them to remove it. s ❤️
Old 04-19-2021, 01:49 PM
  # 479 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
AIso Iove, you can caII ahead and ask them to remove it. s ❤️
ahhh good idea Suze
Old 04-19-2021, 01:58 PM
  # 480 (permalink)  

FF, missed your post right before mine. Must have posted while I was composing. Don’t be too hard on yourself. The sobriety is priority, as is nicotine next, but you don’t need to diet and do so much all at once. You’re putting in lots of positive effort to be healthier. Try some calf and hamstring stretches, and be sure you’re using good running shoes, for the shin.