Notices

Class of January 2021 part 4

Old 01-26-2021, 02:34 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

robbie i understand that also, i have a alcohol councillor also and just now its a telephone call which yup its not really doing anything, but least he is trying to engage me also to cup back or keep at being AF. Thanks for sharing the rest of your story and sry to hear u cant take anti cravings meds xx. i still think you did a wonderful job in being AF last year, i havent yet myself been able to quit for long period yet, but as dee said im trying new things so hoping that will push for longer term of AF. Ive done a year but that was many moons ago in 2008, but this time around i havent managed yet, but im hopefull as i did my second online meeting this morning and i actually spoke and engaged which i find it hard but hey i pushed through and went with it, and hey i also showed myself on vid aswell and thats a step forward for me, as i hate pictures and hate myself, but hey ho again, on a learning curve of being nice tomyself just now xx

sry for the long post xx good luck again and hey eldirfawr, on 9 days xxx
Old 01-26-2021, 03:10 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

^
well done for speaking on camera. I did a few of the online meetings last year when lockdown first came in but kept my webcam switched off. As a result I was more like an observer than a participant but like yourself I hate being seen in pictures!
Old 01-26-2021, 04:28 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Good morning good people. We're having a blizzard, getting up to 8 inches of snow. I work in my town just a 4 minute drive so don't need to worry about getting to work. I had brief thoughts to "buy" last night. It's just a memory of being in the line of people stocking up before a big snow. Just a memory and I'm not in that line right now.

Today is day 21. I've had a few wonky moods in the last week but better than the extremes I had before. I like that I can make a plan every morning, every week, and even look ahead the next month. Not avoiding because I don't know how I will feel. No lost days.

Good work to everyone marking another day here. Keep posting and sharing wherever you are.

Old 01-26-2021, 06:11 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

❤️ s
Old 01-26-2021, 08:59 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Day 31 peeps! Anxiety is still pretty bad but the walking is helping. I think I am fitter now than I have been for a long time. Well and truly sick of lockdown and I am looking forward so much to going swimming.

I had my first lot of cravings the last couple of days and panicked a bit, but I knew they would come and then they went again. I was feeling kind of sorry for myself, then I met a woman today that I used to support at a homeless hostel I worked in a few years ago. She had got off heroin, has contact with her kids again, a new flat and new teeth! It was so nice to see how well she is doing and it made me realise that there are so many of us going through this in some form. I am grateful I never had to end up where she did and I am so proud of her for the way she has recovered.

Love to everyone! xx
Old 01-26-2021, 09:15 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

good morning jans.

another day started... i shoveled snow for 1.5 hours and went for a long swim. working from home today.
looks like everyone is making good progress in the forum! keep up the great work!!

day 26 here.

B.
Old 01-26-2021, 09:20 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Day 26/
Old 01-26-2021, 10:51 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gabe1980 View Post
Day 31 peeps! Anxiety is still pretty bad but the walking is helping. I think I am fitter now than I have been for a long time. Well and truly sick of lockdown and I am looking forward so much to going swimming.

I had my first lot of cravings the last couple of days and panicked a bit, but I knew they would come and then they went again. I was feeling kind of sorry for myself, then I met a woman today that I used to support at a homeless hostel I worked in a few years ago. She had got off heroin, has contact with her kids again, a new flat and new teeth! It was so nice to see how well she is doing and it made me realise that there are so many of us going through this in some form. I am grateful I never had to end up where she did and I am so proud of her for the way she has recovered.

Love to everyone! xx
I am so gratefuI that woman had you in her Iife to support her dear Gabe, and I am so gIad to hear how she is doing. Very upIifting. s ❤️

And congrats on 31 days and to Aba on 24, and to aII of you ❤️❤️
Old 01-26-2021, 11:03 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Phoebe, day 26 for me and still going strong. Good on you for doing this while hubby still has his beers. I don’t know that I could do that. Thankfully my hubby is more than willing to forego the occasional glass of wine for a little sobriety out of me.

I gave the blood today for the lab work prior to final follow up w/cardiologist. It’s for lipids and liver function because in Oct I was mostly honest with him about my drinking (I told him daily and heavily). He has some pretty somber advice on why that was a bad idea.

Stick with this and we’ll only get better sleep, more productivity at work, better, more clear thinking and allow our body to catch up on the healing.
Old 01-26-2021, 11:23 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats to everyone marking another day sober today

D
Old 01-26-2021, 01:47 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Thanks for the encouragement, Bayou. Good luck on your blood tests. I go back in 9 days.

Day 25 here.
Old 01-26-2021, 02:45 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by advbike View Post
I avoided all non-essential social events for awhile MissQueenBee, especially with drinking friends who tend to pressure us. Certain business meetings were unavoidable but I found it not as difficult as I anticipated in my head. Just got respect mostly, and had the clear head the next morning.

Keep up the great work!
thank you and yes will avoid in a way with Covid it is easier one good thing about this less social activities, summer will be worst kind off.
Old 01-26-2021, 03:06 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Thanks for the ref Dee, I am at that stage to change that and reorg my life which feels good day 6 now happy to see all of you are here and the support 😊
Old 01-26-2021, 03:22 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gabe1980 View Post

Love to everyone! xx

Hi Gabe can you empty your inbox. I cannot PM you pal.
Old 01-26-2021, 05:01 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Hangovers Suck!

Day 28 in the books!
Old 01-26-2021, 05:22 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats John

D
Old 01-26-2021, 05:23 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

erattic - right on, I would like to try an online AA session. I haven't figured out how to join a zoom call. I prop bally need to do some more digging.r

silversky - good work on making a plan. Do you do it weekly at the beginning? We had a big dump of snow in these parts as well. I like weather.... the kids had fun in the snow.

Gabe - you and I are on the same day which is always nice to see. Great story about meeting someone you helped. Feeling gratitude is a powerful way to remind us what we have and why we are blessed.

Beels - snow shoveling and swimming is good exercise...well played. Must be nice jumping in a pool in the middle of winter.

Venus and Dee - thanks for daily support...you two rock!

Bayou - i have wanted to get my liver checked for a long time. I'm nervous about the results.

phoebe - Day 26 is good stuff. It wont be long before its feb for all of us. We will be moved the other forum. Will have to keep the flame alive there.

JJ - Well done.

Good day here. Snowed all day. Drinking Blueberry tea these days. I drank a couple of near beers this weekend watching the football game. Im still not sure what i think of near beer. Am i fooling myself? It gets me through sports games ....and im not drinking....so i guess its cool.

Positive vibes to the Jan Crew. Keep sharing.
Old 01-27-2021, 12:12 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

My 10th day without a hangover! Life isn't perfect but it's definately better!
Old 01-27-2021, 01:14 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats guys

D
Old 01-27-2021, 02:43 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Good day here. Snowed all day. Drinking Blueberry tea these days. I drank a couple of near beers this weekend watching the football game. Im still not sure what i think of near beer. Am i fooling myself? It gets me through sports games ....and im not drinking....so i guess its cool.

Positive vibes to the Jan Crew. Keep sharing.[/QUOTE]

hey WB!

I have had some near beers. (Not this go around) but when pregnant and other attempts at staying sober.

i think from what I’ve read on SR, there are people who are strongly against and others who are indifferent.

in my experience I liked having one once in a while during sports watching or with a burger at a restaurant, but after a while I didn’t really see the point. They didn’t taste as good, give me a buzz, and were empty calories so I haven’t reintroduced them this time. But I’m not opposed. There are more and more NA drinks and beers coming out. An alcohol-free bar is opening up where I live. There’s a trend.

I’m curious on other’s thoughts about NA products...

happy day Jans!
Have a good one WB...

B