Old 01-24-2021, 04:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good morning! Day 24!
Old 01-24-2021, 04:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good morning Jannies! Day 24 here.
Old 01-24-2021, 05:07 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday Alba and 24 days strong (with sober twin Beels)! Gabe: 30 is such a great milestone, congrats!

I'm waking up to day 19. So grateful to be here.

Keep rising everyone.

Old 01-24-2021, 05:39 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

A HUGE CONGRATs to aII of you!!!! s ❤️

And no idea why I posted that other than it cracked me up!
Old 01-24-2021, 05:40 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday Alba!

Good morning(from here) all!

Day 13 for me. It's cold, sunny and windy here--perfect January day.
Old 01-24-2021, 06:18 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Dee, thank you for the new thread 😊

Good morning everybody! Day 7 starting this morning.
Old 01-24-2021, 10:14 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Haha! I love all the animations. I always think my post doesn’t work when I use my phone sometimes. I’m too lazy to edit or change it....

thanks for part 4 Dee. 4 threads in 3 weeks! That’s a lot of posting and support. Nice work, Jans.

Here’s to part IV!

B
Old 01-24-2021, 10:30 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Good Sunday morning, afternoon, evening, or Monday morning, depending where you are!

It’s day 24 for me. I’ll admit that the weekend is tempting, as my husband has several beers. But, by the time he went to bed, he was visibly drunk. When I’m sober, it’s a worry to me. Of course, if I’m drunk, I don’t notice or care as much. But, last night, he was clumsy, dropping the few cans he was carrying to the basement twice. I worry he’ll fall on the stairs. His father died from such a drunken fall. Then, wasn’t treated properly in the hospital, because they considered him drunk and passed out. He had a brain hemorrhage. This was long before I met my husband, but it’s a haunting story. So sad.

Well, being mindful of all of that, the not fun side of drinking, the danger, can be a helpful tool or reminder to stay sober.

On the upside. I’m enjoying much better sleep, and gradually becoming more productive. I made fresh cod for dinner for husband and myself last night, with sautéed spinach and lemon. I made pizza dough and homemade pizza for our son. He won’t eat fish. Did some organizing in the kit too.

Hope all are hanging in there, and if not, post for support. 💕
Old 01-24-2021, 03:50 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Great work phoebe! It's always an eyeopener watching drunken behaviour through sober eyes. People being loud, aggressive, risk-taking, thoughtlessness, fights etc.

A week to go and we're a month down!
Old 01-24-2021, 04:39 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Day 20 going well. Visited family and had a nice lunch.

The last time I saw them I was hungover after having well over 20 drinks the night before.

The abdominal pain has subsided significantly. I look and feel a lot better, I think I've dropped a few pounds too. 20 days ago I was having panic attacks thinking I might be dead before 30. Turns out it wasn't quite that bad (yet), but that changed my life; I finally admitted to myself I am an out of control alcoholic, and I am not capable of living with alcohol in my life, at all. I can't wait until some abstract time in the future to stop, I needed to stop today.

I did a lot of driving today. Passed several liquor stores, and thought about the innumerable number of times I had mindlessly walked in those exact doors, completely under the control of someone else: the alcoholic voice in my head. Saw that term on here a lot. I like it. It fits.

Now things are looking up.
Old 01-24-2021, 04:45 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Good to hear and welcome dear P51Dmustang! ❤️
Old 01-24-2021, 05:19 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats to Alba Beels Gabe Samwitch JSC Phoebe SilverSky and anyone else having a milestone day

D

Old 01-24-2021, 09:29 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Up early on day 25. It's Rabbie Burns day in Scotland our most decorated poet who's probably most famous for Auld Lang Syne.

Here's a flavour of his work - full marks for anyone (outwith Scotland) who can translate this from scots to English.

Old 01-25-2021, 01:24 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Sigh. Day 1 again. I'm sick of feeling rough and sick of these day 1s. I woke up feeling fine on Friday then got hit by a massive craving around noon. I resisted it for an hour then caved in and bought alcohol. I was drinking non-stop up to last night, apart from the times when I was asleep. I need to put a stop to this as I had a liver function test a fortnight ago and the results were horrendous. It's time to stop drinking and stay stopped. I just wish I could ignore the cravings.
Old 01-25-2021, 01:50 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Administrator

what anti drinking plans do you have in place Robbie?
How do you fight the urges exactly?

D
Old 01-25-2021, 02:15 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
what anti drinking plans do you have in place Robbie?
How do you fight the urges exactly?

D
This is the problem, I don't have any anti drinking plans in place. Or at least ones that work. When I get the urge to drink I do try to distract the thoughts by doing things, either things that need doing in the house or going for a walk. The problem is I don't have an awful lot to do at the moment - the weather has been dreadful for the past fortnight so I can't even go for a long walk - so I sit and let the thoughts grow bigger until I cave in. I've read the urge surfing threads here and there are some very good suggestions but when something gets embedded in my head I find it hard to stop the constant thinking about it.
Old 01-25-2021, 04:47 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hi Robbie-- Have you done much reading on the AV? Addictive Voice? I just learned it here last year and it helped to start separating those "thoughts" from the bigger part of me that wanted to stop the madness. It's taken a long time, but now when the thoughts come up I don't give them my full attention. I have to distract and focus on something else, again and again and again. It takes a lot of practice and planning to keep focusing on other things. I did crafts, cards, 3-D puzzles, read books, watched shows, even when my concentration was only a few minutes here and there. Or memorize a poem, a song. I once learned to sing the alphabet backwards.

My attention got better to focus on other things. The AV still comes but less often and it's much quieter. Recently I rearranged all the furniture in the room that I drank in so it looks and feels different. Keep trying different things and life will become different.