Notices

Class of January 2021 part 4

Old 01-25-2021, 03:33 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Good evening everyone, day 5 thank you for recommeding this thread !
Old 01-25-2021, 03:51 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I missed this post before.....this is an AWESOME post dear bim.
Very sound advice. s ❤️
It is quite good take that in for me to! What is helping for me alot I wrote down how I felt like when drinking and how bad we feel the next day (a list) when I get a trigger which I still need to identify what they are I read that list because we forget quite easy. Now will prep a list of all benefits to stop this deathly substance 😉
Old 01-25-2021, 03:51 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats MissQueenBee

D
Old 01-25-2021, 04:05 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
congrats MissQueenBee

D
thanks hanging in there. Any tips on social events would help...i do not have alot but when they happen I want to hang in there
Old 01-25-2021, 04:18 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Administrator

To be honest I avoided social things for a while. I needed to put clear distance between who I had been and who I wanted to be.
I missed a few parties but it was worth it - when I went back to being social I had the 'sober muscles' to deal with anything.

I understand its not as easy to avoid social things if you're in a relationship or have a family - if there are things you absolutely have to go to, there are some good tips here.

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...val-guide.html (Social Occasion Survival Guide)

D
Old 01-25-2021, 04:26 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

I avoided all non-essential social events for awhile MissQueenBee, especially with drinking friends who tend to pressure us. Certain business meetings were unavoidable but I found it not as difficult as I anticipated in my head. Just got respect mostly, and had the clear head the next morning.

Keep up the great work!
Old 01-25-2021, 04:42 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Evening. Feeling good with a month under my belt. Time flies when your sober......BaBing! ....Sometimes, Sometimes not. Time has been on my mind lately. Lockup, working from home, it is a blessing and a curse. Ive never worked harder, yet have all the time in the world. Should I pick up a new hobby? Somebody or something has me running to this place.

Anyway, I am proud to say 31 days sober. One Month has a nice ring. Thanks everyone for the love and support....nice community here. I think I might stay a while.
Old 01-25-2021, 04:57 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MissQueenBee View Post
thanks hanging in there. Any tips on social events would help...i do not have alot but when they happen I want to hang in there
Hi
So gIad you joined the group. ❤️
Old 01-25-2021, 05:07 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Fantastic job on 31 days WhiskeyBent!
Old 01-25-2021, 06:22 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Old 01-25-2021, 06:27 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats from me too WB
Old 01-25-2021, 06:40 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Excellent, WhiskeyBent, and welcome MissQueenBee!
I heart emojis!
Old 01-25-2021, 07:10 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

I am in for another sober day!
Old 01-25-2021, 08:09 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Me too, Amy ❤️
Old 01-25-2021, 08:10 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yay guys

D
Old 01-25-2021, 08:42 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Another day sober!
Old 01-25-2021, 11:26 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning im still hanging around x
yesterday morning i joined for first time an online AA meeting, was nervous but was good to hear everyone else and there stories. I am going to go for another this morn, but again im getting anxious, but hey ho, tough love its not going to kill me xx just trying to get into a routine and as others have suggested is to put some things in place for when cravings happen.

robbie hun, i totaly hear what ur going through i have health probs and i thought it would make a diffrence also, but nope i carry on harming myself. one thing i suggest is to try and take care of you and stop feeling guilty, that just pushes us more into drinking xxx have u seen a doctor about getting anti craving meds? they can help for the first intitial start xx others here have gave u some great advice but i do know how hard it is to get those thoughts out of your head and once they are there bang u have to do it. so im with u on how hard it is, but keep trying and doing x from what i read that u said u did oct to dec alot or all AF? that is brill and u should take from that and be proud, good luck with getting house done x look forward in seeing you in the feb class as i will still be joining and trying and doing to get AF. so with me having some meetings i can join, i hope that will push me forward xxxx take care of yourself xxx and be proud for what u have done in the past xxx

hope that wasnt to much but felt hey im trying to reach out, which normaly i would hide xxx

hope everyone has good day, and good job on everyones days and weeks xx
Old 01-26-2021, 12:19 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're trying new things erattic

D
Old 01-26-2021, 12:24 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Morning and day 9 checking in; never read as many books in the evening or drank as much chamomile tea in my life but it's all worth it! 8.24am here and beavering away at work....
Old 01-26-2021, 01:59 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Erratic View Post
morning im still hanging around x
yesterday morning i joined for first time an online AA meeting, was nervous but was good to hear everyone else and there stories. I am going to go for another this morn, but again im getting anxious, but hey ho, tough love its not going to kill me xx just trying to get into a routine and as others have suggested is to put some things in place for when cravings happen.

robbie hun, i totaly hear what ur going through i have health probs and i thought it would make a diffrence also, but nope i carry on harming myself. one thing i suggest is to try and take care of you and stop feeling guilty, that just pushes us more into drinking xxx have u seen a doctor about getting anti craving meds? they can help for the first intitial start xx others here have gave u some great advice but i do know how hard it is to get those thoughts out of your head and once they are there bang u have to do it. so im with u on how hard it is, but keep trying and doing x from what i read that u said u did oct to dec alot or all AF? that is brill and u should take from that and be proud, good luck with getting house done x look forward in seeing you in the feb class as i will still be joining and trying and doing to get AF. so with me having some meetings i can join, i hope that will push me forward xxxx take care of yourself xxx and be proud for what u have done in the past xxx

hope that wasnt to much but felt hey im trying to reach out, which normaly i would hide xxx

hope everyone has good day, and good job on everyones days and weeks xx
Hi Erratic, thanks for the post.

I did end October to mid December alcohol free. This followed a completely dry September and the majority of October (in other words, other than 6 days in late October I was alcohol free from 1 September to 10 December). I didn't find it that difficult to be honest depite the fact that it was a very challenging time for me. I'm engaging with the local alcohol counselling service but appointments are by telephone only and my first appointment isn't until 11 February. I've had one appointment already but that was just the triage appointment. To be honest, I'm not sure how effective a telephone appointment will be. I've been in a merry-go-round of alcohol counselling since the 90s and while it will work for a while it's pretty much a case of me talking about the same thing each time. I know why I drink, I know what made me start to drink heavily back in my early 20s, I really need to concentrate on staying sober for my future.

I've not spoken to my doctor about anti-craving meds. However I did speak to someone from a counselling service a few years ago (at the time the medication could only be prescribed through that particular service) but we decided that they were not suitable for me due to the risk of possible side effects. I think I know what works best for me (I posted I think because I've yet to be proven 100% correct!) and that is having someone to talk to when the cravings kick in. I need someone to help talk me out of the way I am thinking at that point as I sometimes struggle to do that myself.