Notices

Class of December 2020 Part 3

Old 12-29-2020, 03:51 PM
  # 401 (permalink)  

Way to go on 24 days RAL! Sweet dreams!
Old 12-29-2020, 03:57 PM
  # 402 (permalink)  

RAL - oh sorry about your chickens, that must have been awful. Funny about the goats 😂 sleep well
Dee - ahhhh that was probably it! And yes not a nice word at all, glad for the censoring 😊
Old 12-29-2020, 04:01 PM
  # 403 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RAL View Post
CLosing out on day 24. I live on a farm though non working farm. I thought someone had some lovely newborn calves in a picture then someone pointed out they were actually goats. Don't think I'd make a good farmer!

We have chickens though nasty Mr Fox killed one today. In the afternoon too. Awful. Very sad.

Will reply to all in the am. Take care
RAL
Oh no, I am sorry.....I missed the fox and chicken part..... s
Old 12-29-2020, 07:04 PM
  # 404 (permalink)  

Bleah.

My AV has reared her ugly head and is trying to rationalise drinking today. This makes me upset because it is the opposite of what I want.

I went back to the beginning of the December thread and have been reading my way though and have had some teary moments reading some of the posts. We all seem like such lovely, intelligent, caring people, it makes no sense that we are all having to struggle with this. I wanted to hug each and everyone of you.

And for anyone who hasn’t posted in a while, please know that you can always start over and join back up with us.

Just having an emotional moment. I won’t drink. I just hate that sneaky out of the blue voice popping into my head.

xx
Old 12-29-2020, 07:16 PM
  # 405 (permalink)  

SCK - I'm sorry the dreaded AV has reared its ugly head. Hang in there, I know you can and will. Good strategy reading through the thread. What do you have planned for the rest of the day, and what scrumptious meal are you making for this evening, or leftovers from your cook up?
Old 12-29-2020, 07:25 PM
  # 406 (permalink)  

(((Zura))) Thank you

Well I think it’s stopped raining enough to go back out for a walk. No cooking today I have enough curry to feed an army!

I don’t know why I feel so melancholy. I definitely don’t want to drink it is not appealing at all - just got thrown that the voice appeared and was speaking as if it would be perfectly acceptable to fall back into the old habit. Creeping me out and feels so annoying and frustrating!
Old 12-29-2020, 07:34 PM
  # 407 (permalink)  

It's tough in those days, especially in early recovery. A lovely walk and some yummy leftovers sounds just the thing to cheer you up, wave to the waves for me if your headed that way. Oh how I miss the beach. I haven't smelt that lovely air since before the fires last year (around Nov 2019).
Old 12-29-2020, 08:12 PM
  # 408 (permalink)  

ScK — My AV voice was loud too today. Maybe because of it being a lull between holidays... we put on our armor and prepare for Christmas and New Year, but the quiet day in the middle is unguarded.... Glad you made it!
Old 12-29-2020, 08:31 PM
  # 409 (permalink)  
Administrator

stay with us SCK - way too humid to get stuck drinking

D
Old 12-29-2020, 08:36 PM
  # 410 (permalink)  

All good Elly & D! I’m walking it off. Couldn’t lift a glass as I’m busy waving at the waves for Zura
Old 12-29-2020, 09:40 PM
  # 411 (permalink)  

Sorry about you chicken RAL it’s so frustrating . Half my chickens
sleep up in the pomegranate tree in the hot summer and we lost a few to pine Martain’s .
I have a small farm with goats chicks ducks Geece and rabbits . We try to eat as clean as possible
I love working with the animals , however when you wake up will
a terrible hangover and have to move the goats .... another story!

had a wonderful sobor evening with the family last night . I woke up at 6 and now drinking my coffee. What a big difference a few days make !
xx
Old 12-29-2020, 10:02 PM
  # 412 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to hear Strawberry

D
Old 12-29-2020, 10:31 PM
  # 413 (permalink)  

Elly - oh yes armouring up, such a thing these days. Hard time if year *sigh
SCK - I bet they're waving back. Hope your arm isn't too sore 😜
Strawberry - your farm sounds delightful. But yes moving goats with a hangover, no thank you!
Old 12-29-2020, 10:40 PM
  # 414 (permalink)  

Day 44

Yesterday was horrible and I’m pretty sure that 95% of the time (in the past whilst on a sober stint) I would have caved in. Two things saved me that it might be useful to share:

The first thing was exercise. I had my supper at 18:30 (still in my witching hours to start drinking) and my head was nearly falling into my plate with exhaustion. I went for a nap for three hours, by which time at 21:30 I would never start drinking anyway. So the exhaustion of exercise did me the world of good.

The second thing was advice I have read on SR many times. So, at about 17:00 (after my last walk) I got VERY bad news from work. This was AFTER I had posted that I thought I had beaten off the AV. Well let me tell you that during and after that call from work the AV came back - and he had a few friends with him too. AV brought with him Mr Nihilist, Mrs Sod It, Mr Just One More Night and Ms It Won’t Harm. I so wanted to drink myself stupid. The bad news was just too much on an already bad day. But then the words of posters on SR rang in my ears - “No matter how bad this situation is, drinking will not make it better and will almost certainly make it worse”. And I sat and thought about that. I mean REALLY thought about it as Mrs JT made my dinner with a worried look on her face. The lovely meal arrived and I told myself that drinking would NOT make things better and to dismiss the idea completely. It was NOT a rational response to drink. I ate. I went to bed.

I post this morning grateful to SR.

JT

Old 12-29-2020, 11:08 PM
  # 415 (permalink)  

Sorry about the bad news JT. Really good work getting through that, I hope things are easier from here on out
Old 12-29-2020, 11:15 PM
  # 416 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm very glad to read you made it JT

D

Old 12-30-2020, 12:20 AM
  # 417 (permalink)  

(((RAL))) I’m sorry about your chicken

Strawberry it is lovely to see you, I hope you enjoyed your coffee and had a peaceful morning.

JT congratulations on not drinking yesterday after your already bad day and the unexpected bad news. You should be so proud of yourself! I hope today is a better day for you!

Zura the waves say hello and they are patiently waiting for you to visit when you are able. Xx
Old 12-30-2020, 01:46 AM
  # 418 (permalink)  
RAL

Morning all 😊

Wow so much activity overnight. I love waking up and seeing all these posts. Some classes I’ve been in seem to tail off and get quieter as the month goes on but our group is getting busier which is wonderful 😊 Tomorrow we will be graduating to the daily forums. I always feel better when we have moved -more stable and permanent in my sobriety. Prob sounds silly but that’s just me 😊

Venus – oh you didn’t miss the chicken part- I added it on after you’d quoted me 😊 Thanks for all your kind words about the chicken. Just grateful Mr Fox didn’t get the lot of them. They have 2 hen houses within a large wire cage. But we let them out of that every day and they wander all over the place. We should have known better at this time of year. Will check the wire cage for security today and keep them inside. As others have said no one would ever accuse you of moaning about anything. You are a great support to us all and must let us support you too 😊

Tony- sorry to hear about your bad news from work and I hope the situation can be resolved. Great news on not drinking over it. If it is anything that can be sorted out then you’re in the best mindset to deal with it sober 😊

Karen – Enjoy your walk. I hope your feeling of melancholy goes.Sorry you have had a rough day. Maybe it is the time of year and normal for us to think such thoughts. Oh and it is a full moon too so that always makes my mental health go a bit awry(not saying yours is!) Although this time I feel fine which must be not drinking. It’s great to read that reading through the class threads helped you 😊 Chocolate farming sounds great but I would be the size of a house!! I ate a chocolate orange yesterday -full one!

Strawberry – great to see you posting again 😊 Your farm sounds lovely. Goats sound fun!

Zura – that sounds amazing all your food and plants and self sufficiency. Love your concept of time or lack of it too 😊

Citrus – sorry about your chicken too ☹ We eat the eggs from the chickens but won’t eat the chickens. Mr RAL says is would be like eating the family pet. When one dies naturally we bury it. My mother says it is a waste of good food!

Elly – well done on getting through. It must be difficult when it’s so hot and summery and memories of a few cool drinks on a hot summer’s night. The reality of course is quite different. Far too much to drink and a stinking hangover dehydrated in that heat. ☹

Lixie- how are you doing today?

Barnaby, BTG, Tanky, Jilga, Chancellor, Jewel, Scott, Willow, Haris – hope you are all well and check in soon 😊

Red - I hope you are ok and hope you post soon.

Day 25. It’s snowing here! Can’t believe it. It never never snows here! I’ve lived here 7 years and never seen snow. I’m like a child at Christmas!! OK it’s stopped snowing now since I started my post. Feeling deflated now ☹ No matter. So today’s plans – repair and check hen cage, chop some wood, read, watch a newly found Swedish drama. Big fan of Nordic Noir. Might log in and do some remote working too. NYE tomorrow. Going to cook a meal for us to celebrate the turn of the year but will sure to be asleep at midnight!

Take care all

RAL.x
Old 12-30-2020, 02:00 AM
  # 419 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

That was great work, JT. So proud of you.
Lovely to read about chickens and avocado trees and humid days!

I am sorry to report that I had a few beers yesterday, and so I'm back at square one again. The good thing is that it wasn't nice at all, and my partner and I agreed that we like our alcohol free life better. So, unlike the thousands that want to stop drinking January 1st, my quit date is December 30. December class forever!
Old 12-30-2020, 02:08 AM
  # 420 (permalink)  
RAL

Great to see you Lixie and congrats on day 1