Notices

Class of December 2020 Part 3

Old 12-29-2020, 02:51 PM
  # 381 (permalink)  

It's a long story that I have mostly left behind, except for the tumor I have in my finger that isn't doing any harm if I don't accidentally whack my hand on something. Maybe another day I will share, but honestly, I moaned about this for years on SR and I am just grateful now that I still have 10 fingers. s
Old 12-29-2020, 02:53 PM
  # 382 (permalink)  

I am the chicken farmer only type... lol. Funny for where I live in a super rural area surrounded by farms/farmers. My kids have green thumbs though.

Dee you made me think of the times that I said that I wanted wan"drink a little" to "help" me do something. Which for me meant I wanted the courage to phone someone. If I could turn back every single time I made the decision to do that I sure would! Never helped just heaped on the anxiety the next day.

Having a few dumb thoughts of my hubby's beer. 🤦‍♀️ I've made some popcorn and a glass of orange juice. Plus started in on a hat that my youngest wanted knit. Biding my time till my worst hours are over. I am so glad this class is so active! Reading here is helping me so much.
Old 12-29-2020, 03:04 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Citrus View Post
I am the chicken farmer only type... lol. Funny for where I live in a super rural area surrounded by farms/farmers. My kids have green thumbs though.

Dee you made me think of the times that I said that I wanted wan"drink a little" to "help" me do something. Which for me meant I wanted the courage to phone someone. If I could turn back every single time I made the decision to do that I sure would! Never helped just heaped on the anxiety the next day.

Having a few dumb thoughts of my hubby's beer. 🤦‍♀️ I've made some popcorn and a glass of orange juice. Plus started in on a hat that my youngest wanted knit. Biding my time till my worst hours are over. I am so glad this class is so active! Reading here is helping me so much.
popcorn and knitting sounds so lovely!! I’ve tried teaching myself to knit but I keep dropping stitches. I have a bag of yarn for a blanket project I was going to crochet over the winter but didn’t even start. Think I will start this week!

How many chickens do you have? I’m hoping to have some chooks myself one day when I move out to the country (ha ha ha it’s my dream!).

stay steady in your resolve Citrus!! Xx
Old 12-29-2020, 03:08 PM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Venus - giving up coffee is not for everyone! And that's the beauty of plant BASED, it's flexible. Some people do give up all animal products but others don't, just cut back. I think they encourage no more then 20% of your diet be animal based but that's just guidelines Sorry to hear about your health.

I had a cancer scare, melanoma. Was early stages and got it removed and there's only like a 1% chance that one will come back. Higher chance of getting a second one so they cut out any suspect ones, so far so good 😊

SCK - hehe would love some overalls to complete my farmer ensemble lol sorry guys I don't think I can grow cocao here, temperate region, I think they're a tropical plant......unless I get myself a fully functional temperature controlled green house 😂 a girl can dream.

I like the sound of your thread, I'll join in on that 😊

Citrus - chickens are cool. I've only got 4, not having an actual farm oooh knitting sounds fun, don't have the patience to learn myself lol
Old 12-29-2020, 03:10 PM
  # 385 (permalink)  

Or is it how many chickens did Citrus have?
Not sure if farming chickens means eating them
Maybe just eating their eggs?

If all else fails Citrus honey.....milk....I know, not crash hot after OJ but it WORKS. s ❤️
Old 12-29-2020, 03:11 PM
  # 386 (permalink)  

Seems like every second person I know in Aus has had melanoma....sigh.....glad you are OK now Zura.
And I vote for the greenhouse.
Old 12-29-2020, 03:19 PM
  # 387 (permalink)  

I might have to rent some space from someone near by as I'm running out of room fast lolol. I could turn one area into a greenhouse but the hail we get would just destroy it tbh. I'm just gunna get the cheapy ones as the covers are cheap to replace but no tropical fruit (avo might grow here.....yum.....love avo).
Old 12-29-2020, 03:26 PM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zura View Post
I might have to rent some space from someone near by as I'm running out of room fast lolol. I could turn one area into a greenhouse but the hail we get would just destroy it tbh. I'm just gunna get the cheapy ones as the covers are cheap to replace but no tropical fruit (avo might grow here.....yum.....love avo).
I am jealous! It’s mid winter here in CA, and so not the right time to garden. And my avocado tree isn’t happy. We are going to get a greenhouse, though.
Old 12-29-2020, 03:26 PM
  # 389 (permalink)  

SCK I crocheted as a kid and wanted to learn to knit so badly, but never had anyone to teach me. As soon as I figured out I could learn from a book and youtube I was off and going. At this point I dye yarn and spin fiber too. (Addictive personality maybe!) Hubby puts his foot down so far on getting sheep or alpacas, haha!

At the moment we have 16 chickens. One passed away last week. Seems one always does around this time of year for no reason I can figure out after having chickens for 6+ years. I've been known to have upwards towards 40. Eep. My oldest son and I incubate and hatch during the spring.
We don't eat our chicken (yet), my boys probably would. I am 99% vegetarian, some months vegan.. I rarely even eat my girls eggs, but my family and friends sure enjoy them!

Milk is next on my list Suze! I think I'm hanging in pretty ok though.

My Mom had a melanoma removed from her nose when she was just a little older than me so I am always on the lookout for anything suspect. Great job on keeping on top of it Zura!

Old 12-29-2020, 03:28 PM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Citrus View Post
I

I need to learn how to knit again... kind of like when I quit smoking. It helps to come on here and read for awhile.
Old 12-29-2020, 03:29 PM
  # 391 (permalink)  

You got this Citrus honey. We are all with you. ❤️

And a greenhouse Elly love....awesome....avocado tree.....awesome.....a farming we will go hey guys? s
Old 12-29-2020, 03:29 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  

My yongest would flip over an avocado tree. It's been his favorite food since he was old enough to eat anything other than breastmilk.
Sorry to hear the conditions aren't great for it in CA this year EllyB.
Old 12-29-2020, 03:30 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by EllyB View Post
I need to learn how to knit again... kind of like when I quit smoking. It helps to come on here and read for awhile.
I think I can remember how from when I was a kid....and I bet I still knit into the back of the stitch because I am left handed and my mum taught me to knit right handed, so what was I supposed to do? He he. xx
Old 12-29-2020, 03:34 PM
  # 394 (permalink)  

Elly - bum it's winter there, how cold does it get in Cali? I hope your *** recovers, I'll have to raise mine in a greenhouse for the first two years.....and can only grow in pots as no room for a full size tree.....if only *sigh
Citrus - wow you do love your chickens! I don't eat my girls eggs either lol when I ate meat I considered meat chickens and rabbits but I just couldn't do it. Kids offered to be in charge of that but I'd get too attached and sad.
Old 12-29-2020, 03:35 PM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Suze I would not call you ever talking about your finger here moaning!
Old 12-29-2020, 03:37 PM
  # 396 (permalink)  

What did you type Zura....he he. Avo seemed ok earlier....

( .....and ty Citrus honey, but it isn't good for me to dwell on.
Since I have just been grateful I am doing way better in every way. )
Old 12-29-2020, 03:40 PM
  # 397 (permalink)  

No idea Venus, so I'm glad it censored it! Could have been a real bad word but I can't think how I mispelled avo to make a bad word hmmm
Old 12-29-2020, 03:46 PM
  # 398 (permalink)  
RAL

CLosing out on day 24. I live on a farm though non working farm. I thought someone had some lovely newborn calves in a picture then someone pointed out they were actually goats. Don't think I'd make a good farmer!

We have chickens though nasty Mr Fox killed one today. In the afternoon too. Awful. Very sad.

Will reply to all in the am. Take care
RAL
Old 12-29-2020, 03:47 PM
  # 399 (permalink)  
Administrator

I reckon you hit 'b' instead of 'v' Zura.
As an Aussie you'll understand why that was censored,

D
Old 12-29-2020, 03:48 PM
  # 400 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RAL View Post
CLosing out on day 24. Will reply to all in the am. Take care
RAL
Goodnight sweet RAL ~ so much love! ❤️