# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of December 2020 Part 3

Last part here

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...rt-2-a-20.html

D
Old 12-23-2020, 10:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Okay so there could be something in this sobriety gig...

We spent day swimming at beach , playing games and generally exhausting everyone including dog, but somehow I have all presents wrapped and under tree and all stocking-stuffer presents ​​​​​​also wrapped and ready to go.

Christmas Eve dinner is a good way to being ready, I actually managed to buy seafood for first time in who knows how many years for tomorrow. (Because getting up early was obvs not a thing before. )

I honestly think I thought everybody wrapped presents after midnight , drunk , probably cursing and staggered into their kids room to put full stockings of half-arsed wrapped gifts ever so quietly , after consuming Santa’s liquor and cookies in wee hours.
Old 12-23-2020, 11:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I loled at your opening comment. Good job Tanky, your owning this sobriety gig!
Old 12-23-2020, 11:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Day 38

Thanks to Zura, RAL and Dee for their support and thoughts since my last post. I was never close to drinking (not even remotely) but I was ‘planning’ a relapse in my head for Christmas. The You Tube videos on Cirrhosis were that scary it made me want to drink to forget. It is so screwed up it just utterly defies any kind of logic. That said, this morning I just wake into a new day with the fear of Cirrhosis and no desire to drink. I know one day I will die - but I don’t want to die like that. I don’t want to be terrified of waiting for a new liver. I don’t want jaundice. I couldn’t bear the whispers and the shame. No. No. Definitely not.

Maybe I have been looking for a utopia to run headlong into. A life of milk and honey where the desire for a perfect life was enough to propel me forwards? But the problem was (and is) that the ‘picture’ in my head was never enticing for long enough to drive me there. Perhaps the better thought process for me isn’t the PULL of a heaven on earth but the PUSH of a hell as an alternative? The hell is the Cirrhosis, pain, shame, fear and ultimately, an untimely death?

This makes me feel very sad - even a little bit moist around the eyes to be honest. I don’t want it to be that I’ll be lying in a hospital bed lonely, afraid and ashamed. I need to learn my lesson before it is too late.

Stay strong, safe and sober Decemberoni’s

JT
Old 12-23-2020, 11:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

enjoy the night Tanky and Zura

Merry Christmas to you both

D
Old 12-23-2020, 11:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

To be honest Tony that fear was what propelled me at the start of my journey...I did not want to die like that in my 40s.

Later my motivation became more positive but I needed something hard brutal and shocking in the beginning to cut through my 'who cares what happens to me anyway' malaise.

D
Old 12-24-2020, 12:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Be kind to yourself, Tony. ((respectful hug))
Old 12-24-2020, 01:53 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

JT - as scary as the video was, and confusing as the thoughts to drink to forget the fear thoughts were, I'm glad it was digested overnight into a motivational tool. I like the analogy about the push of hell as opposed to the pull of heaven. Very cool 😊

Dee - thank you for the season well wishes. Merry Christmas to you as well 😊
Old 12-24-2020, 03:54 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tanky View Post
Okay so there could be something in this sobriety gig...

We spent day swimming at beach , playing games and generally exhausting everyone including dog, but somehow I have all presents wrapped and under tree and all stocking-stuffer presents ​​​​​​also wrapped and ready to go.

Christmas Eve dinner is a good way to being ready, I actually managed to buy seafood for first time in who knows how many years for tomorrow. (Because getting up early was obvs not a thing before. )

I honestly think I thought everybody wrapped presents after midnight , drunk , probably cursing and staggered into their kids room to put full stockings of half-arsed wrapped gifts ever so quietly , after consuming Santa’s liquor and cookies in wee hours.
I love this post Tanky!!! s

Old 12-24-2020, 03:58 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Tony ~ the pictures in my head were nothing like the life I am living now.....I wasn't seeing any utopia or anything resembling happiness in my future.
So I changed the channel. Or rather turned off the tv in my brain, and started creating a whole new set of pictures. s

Old 12-24-2020, 04:24 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi everyone
Merry Christmas to you all in Ausrtralia and NZ Santa is in Fiji so will be with you shortly

sorry typing 1 handed still

Day 19. Christmas eve. going to watch dvds and play board games. jr ral gets an elf box. the elves leave it on the doorstep, pyjamas, hot choc and a book for xmas eve. even though there is no believing this year the tradition remains

hope everyone has a happy, peaceful and sober day

Old 12-24-2020, 04:36 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

That is just so cute, that santa tracker. s

Old 12-24-2020, 05:15 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Morning All - Day 7 and We had a blizzard yesterday here in Western Wisconsin. Just 6 inches of snow but now its -1F or -14C and won’t get much warmer today. We are just going to hang out this Christmas Eve and probably watch a movie or two. JT, I can relate too about liver concerns. My numbers were not good a couple years ago before I started the quitting process. They got better pretty quickly as did my blood sugar numbers. I was pre-diabetic as well. This morning my blood pressure is back to normal. It took the 7 days to recover from 12 days of drinking. I just have to remember all this. The AV did talk last night but I ignored it. Tanky - I can related to the present wrapping thing. My wife always did the presents when the kids were little because I was sleeping from drinking. RAL - I hope your rotor cuff heals quickly. Have a great day everyone.
Old 12-24-2020, 06:11 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Congrats on 7 days dear Scott! ❤️
Old 12-24-2020, 06:47 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hi all. It's Christmas eve morning here in Louisiana. Was just catching up on posts and thought I'd share how things get done here, near New Orleans. For dinner tonight, there will be a big seafood gumbo. We would normally do ham and then off to church. On Christmas, there will be a ham dinner. We would normally do prime rib(if you can't splurge on Christmas.......) Just thought I'd share. Kinda small dinner last night, so not drinking was easy. Amazing with how confident I was, that those thoughts still creep in. Anyway, the next 2 dinners will be very large family gatherings(my daughter's in-laws) with a lot of drinking. Still confident, but now a lot more cautious. I know we're not supposed to be having large gatherings, but...........

TB-I was so happy to hear of your medical success from your efforts! That is amazing news. Congrats!
Old 12-24-2020, 08:14 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I would take something to drink love, maybe some flavoured mineral water? s
And remember, we will be here. xx
Old 12-24-2020, 08:24 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Compliments of the season to each of the Decemberonis
Old 12-24-2020, 10:57 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

So 7pm Christmas eve here. Sober. played games and had some food. now watching movies. Hope everyone is getting through the day sober and peacefully.x
Old 12-24-2020, 11:30 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Merry Xmas All
I'm loving hearing about everyone's xmas's. Congratulations Scott on 7 days and it's really good to hear your health's improving too. Great to hear your both getting through RAL and Bob. Seasons greetings to you too Caramel. Hope your well Venus. Nothing interesting to report here.....well except I'm still sober which I suppose is no small thing.
Old 12-24-2020, 11:33 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hope you have all had a good day.
im now on day 10. Not going to lie. Work was so busy and mental that i thought about buying wine. I went to Tesco. Stood in front of the wine. Then bought crisps, dips, chilli coated peanuts, 2 bottles of schloer and 3 bottles of appletise! Stood at checkout paying and the staff gave me a box of quality street as i had my nhs id on. It made me feel overwhelmed. Now sat at home eating copious amounts of choc and no alcohol in my hand!!

Ive watched vids of liver damage too i definitrly dont want to get like that. I know i have the ability to be like that if i dont keep at it. Its scary what can happen!

Im christmas ready. Just 2 santa pressies to wrap! First year im ready and sober in years. since i was preg with y girlie and shes 11. Heres to the first of many sober christmases!!