Notices

Class of December 2020 Part 3

Old 12-30-2020, 12:07 PM
  # 441 (permalink)  

I'm glad your feeling better, and your evening sounds lovely 😊 I was thinking of going to a community get together (at an oval/park so I assumed they're wouldn't be drinking) but it doesn't seem to be happening as they haven't confirmed a final location. Not too worry, high pain day so probably wouldn't have felt up to it anyway.
Old 12-30-2020, 12:11 PM
  # 442 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Yes I am getting more NYE vie......I washed my hair....that's good.
I am planning a nice dinner for us, and games and candles and music.... ❤️
Oh look out! Washed hair, nice dinner, candles and music!!! I don’t think I can get there in time to join you but I’ll be there in spirit

Sounds like a lovely plan Venus!

Morning Zura, happy New Years Eve morning to you. I forgot all about NYE. Hope you are having a lovely morning!

Lixie the Instagram account is a fab idea! When I still had Instagram I was following heaps of sobriety accounts.

Barnaby good job putting up with the noise and sorry to hear about the headache. How did the lip balm project go?

RAL the snow would have been lovely to see! A nice cup of tea whilst watching it fall sounds so cosy and appealing right now.

Better get my buns out of bed. Slept better last night. Another rainy day on tap but it’s not raining at the moment so I want to get my steps in.

Have a lovely morning/afternoon/evening!! Xx

Old 12-30-2020, 12:11 PM
  # 443 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RAL View Post
But you must leave the quote signs around what you quote
Ok, trying Ral's - did it work???
Old 12-30-2020, 12:12 PM
  # 444 (permalink)  

Yes
Old 12-30-2020, 12:13 PM
  # 445 (permalink)  

Well Sunny, we could really use another player for Trivial Pursuit.....just saying.

And yes dear Chancellor....you are gold.
Old 12-30-2020, 12:14 PM
  # 446 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RAL View Post
All good thanks Venus Quiet on here this afternoon. Glad the Aussies have just woken up

The snow lasted about 10 minutes but I'm positive-at least it WAS snow!!!

Great result Sunny - have a fantastic day and wake up tomorrow on 1 week sober

Lixie-I hope your day is going well

Zura - have a great day too

Had another day around the house. Secured the hen cage. So cold so had fires on early!

Just doing jigsaw and on here
What is your jigsaw love?
And is there hot chocolate and marshmallows to go with that? s
Old 12-30-2020, 12:15 PM
  # 447 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SunnyCoastK View Post
Morning All!

Just woke up and I’m beyond excited because it is the start of my day 6!!!!! !
Hi Sunny, nice to meet you, I'm right with you at day 6!!! Looking forward to heading into the new year with a week under our belts!
Old 12-30-2020, 12:17 PM
  # 448 (permalink)  

That is wonderful dear Chancellor!!!

(making note to remember to celebrate your 7 days in the 24-hr thread tomorrow ).
Old 12-30-2020, 12:26 PM
  # 449 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Chancellor View Post
Hi Sunny, nice to meet you, I'm right with you at day 6!!! Looking forward to heading into the new year with a week under our belts!
Hello Chancellor and congratulations on being a day sixer and mastering the art of quoting!!! Patting us both on the back for finishing 2020 and starting off the New Year SOBER!!
Old 12-30-2020, 12:45 PM
  # 450 (permalink)  

As I sat drinking coffee and smoking this morning , two massive black cockatoos came to feast on a bottlebrush tree in the yard. Stayed for about an hour.

I think these can be my chickens. 😆

Old 12-30-2020, 12:48 PM
  # 451 (permalink)  

Awww what a lovely morning visit from the cockatoos....hahaha noisiest chickens on the planet 😂
Old 12-30-2020, 12:48 PM
  # 452 (permalink)  

I have never seen a black cockatoo.....are you sure they weren't ravens love?
Old 12-30-2020, 12:50 PM
  # 453 (permalink)  

And this.....wow.....

"The black cockatoo represents the power of spirit come into your life. It could be a strengthening of your own spirit and soul, or a celebration of any spirits or gods that you happen to believe in. Black cockatoo energy tends to be celebratory and can bring about empowerment, happiness and contentment."
Old 12-30-2020, 12:57 PM
  # 454 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tanky View Post

I think these can be my chickens. 😆
omg that’s hysterical!!!! Love it!!!
Old 12-30-2020, 01:03 PM
  # 455 (permalink)  

"The black cockatoo represents the power of spirit come into your life. It could be a strengthening of your own spirit and soul, or a celebration of any spirits or gods that you happen to believe in. Black cockatoo energy tends to be celebratory and can bring about empowerment, happiness and contentment."
VERY cool! There you go Tanky!! The spirits are sending you power, lucky thing!
Old 12-30-2020, 01:06 PM
  # 456 (permalink)  

I know this is common in early sobriety and a fruitless question that has no actual answer, but I am asking it anyway...

When will I get some relief from PAWS- type symptoms? When will my brain stop being a foggy soggy mess? When will I stop feeling like crap with phantom hangovers every morning and extreme fatigue all day? I mean, I even called my daughter my son’s name, yesterday.
Doh! I lose concentration when driving and snap back terrified that I could easily have driven off the road or gone through a red light . Can’t understand how removing a known toxin to driving has made me a bad driver , but there you go. For first time in my life, I am struggling to concentrate on basics of driving and when doing distance driving I want to sleep within an hour or so, whereas could previously drive for 8 hours straight, no issues.

I have been pleasantly surprised that quitting alcohol did not plunge me into a massive depression , as I had feared it would given I have basically been self-medicating cPTSD with it for awhile after I got “better” enough to cease all my prescribed medication. But I still have very limited emotions and flat affect. Which is cool - because is easier to deal with than massive depression and overwhelming anxiety. But also seems like I am still half frozen.

Any thoughts on how patient I am going to need to be with my brain recovery and what helps or has helped others?
Old 12-30-2020, 01:07 PM
  # 457 (permalink)  

And this.....wow.....

oh wow. I love this!!
Old 12-30-2020, 01:16 PM
  # 458 (permalink)  
RAL

Love the cockatoo representation. I shall also pretend my chickens are black cockatoos

Tanky- I know how you feel and it takes weeks even months to feel better. I tell myself to think how long it took us to get into this mess and it takes a while to get out of it.
Old 12-30-2020, 01:23 PM
  # 459 (permalink)  

I am not so sure why you think this is PAWs rather than withdrawal Tanky love....in my experience it took me around a month to get rid of all of the fog and exhaustion and feeling like I had been run over by a truck. I cried at sad ads on tv.....I was a mess....and then I wasn't. Just like that.

Now having said that we are all different...sometimes it is quicker than that, sometimes it takes longer.
But it did all go away.... s ❤️

PS....If you can, and I know you are a mega-busy mum....try and get a little more sleep than you normally would.
I increased from 8 hrs up to 9 a night....I needed that. xxxxx s
Old 12-30-2020, 01:28 PM
  # 460 (permalink)  
RAL

So I am going to start SMART meetings and am joining one tomorrow night. Minus camera. Quite nervous