Notices

Class of December 2020 Part 3

Old 12-27-2020, 02:14 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  

The liver is amazingly resilient. I had blood checks the other week and surprised they were normal. A second chance. Worth getting checked out for peace of mind maybe
Old 12-27-2020, 02:18 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

Originally Posted by Tanky View Post
Lixie, I totally feel you. Feeling like a ****** parent , too.

I am so close to giving up on this holiday and just taking my kids back to my ex. a week early. Because this weird Covid-affected holiday is just too much for me, too bright, too present, too loud, too much responsibility when I can’t take even the slightest edge off , can’t find a way to turn volume down .
You know, this was so SPOT ON that I had to read it out loud to my partner. That's exactly what it feels like. My anxiety levels are off the charts right now, one hour before they leave. There's teenage drama all over and I can't take it anymore. The irony is that I'm going to miss them tomorrow...

Day 30. My personal best in quite a few years. Going to make it to day 31 tomorrow, but I'm not sure I'll be seeing day 32.
Old 12-27-2020, 03:34 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  

Lixie there is no reason why you cant make 32 and beyond. Its dangerous to let the thoughts in ime as it doesnt take long for me to drink once I start thinking like that. I hope you post on here instead.

Full lockdown here. Cant do anything. Bit bored now and wish I could go back to work. Anyway it is what it is. Just heard my niece has the virus. She is a teacher so pretty exposed. She is ok but just shows why we are in lockdiwn I suppose.

Take care all
Old 12-27-2020, 04:03 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

I know it's dangerous, RAL. That's why I posted. Kids are on their way now, and I can breathe again.
Old 12-27-2020, 04:32 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Sorry Lixie didn't mean to sound preachy. I hope you get some peace and you time now
Old 12-27-2020, 05:28 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  

I don't think you sounded preachy RAL love. s

Lixie and I share a bit of the same temper....I sometimes need to yell things out just to get them out of my head.
Old 12-27-2020, 05:34 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Red78 View Post
JT I am here reading everyday, not getting smashed but not sober, wanting to be in Dec as this is such a great group with lots of support but not quite getting there..
My life is getting to the point where I'm needing something that I don't have and I have something that I don't want to be around and I know once I give up the booze that the mask won't be there to hide everything around me and this means a lot of change and more than likely a lot of heartache..
I'm actually very scared inside..
But you are doing amazing JT and I always log in to read your posts..
So much love darling Red. s :❤️

I felt so like you do and I was also scared.
And I don't know anyone who has made bigger changes than me in sobriety....I am still a bit scared to be honest, especially living here with these pandemic numbers when I could have been all safe in Australia.

My friends here all helped me to navigate the changes.....and we will all be here for you honey. s ❤️
Old 12-27-2020, 05:35 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Backtogood View Post
Okay, so hubby went to the grocery store and on the way out said, "I filled online for a divorce, so don't be surprised if you are served." That's all I've got, i haven't processed it yet.
You must be so tired of him doing this....he gets drunk and gets mean by the sound of things.
I am hoping he will wake up today and apologise for that awful comment love. s xx ❤️
Old 12-27-2020, 05:37 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  

B2Good, So sorry to hear what your going through. Love and hugs to you.

Red, So god to see you post. I was determined to be part of this class and not take my drinking into another year. How about you? You can join too. Let’s start living our lives without the alcohol mask.

On to day 2. Last night was tough. Heart racing and achy stomach, but I have finally woke up without self-loathing. I’ve told my husband not to let me go anywhere alone today. I will not drink and I will check in tonight with another successful day.
Old 12-27-2020, 05:40 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Good morning dear Jewel s ❤️
Old 12-27-2020, 07:44 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jewel72 View Post
B2Good, So sorry to hear what your going through. Love and hugs to you.

Red, So god to see you post. I was determined to be part of this class and not take my drinking into another year. How about you? You can join too. Let’s start living our lives without the alcohol mask.

On to day 2. Last night was tough. Heart racing and achy stomach, but I have finally woke up without self-loathing. I’ve told my husband not to let me go anywhere alone today. I will not drink and I will check in tonight with another successful day.
congrats on day 2
Old 12-27-2020, 07:58 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Morning all,
hubby hasn't said anything about his comments last night, and I don't want to put any energy in hashing it out with him, when he probably doesn't remember anyway. So, instead, I am going to focus on making today day 1 and get back on track. I hate day 1's btw, it's the hardest one for me get through, but once I get a few days behind me I feel stronger (well until I reach my days in the 20's apparently, since that's when I lapse) I have to have a plan in place this time around. Thanks for all your kind words stay strong. Stay sober. Stay sane 😆
Old 12-27-2020, 08:03 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

RAL, you didn't sound preachy at all, maybe I sounded too harsh in my reply? Didn't mean to!

BTG, it must be hard living like you do with your husband.

Jewel, good to have you back!

Anxiety is gone, apathy has set in. The urge to drink has passed, planning to stay on the couch for the rest of the evening, doing nothing.
Old 12-27-2020, 08:04 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
You must be so tired of him doing this....he gets drunk and gets mean by the sound of things.
I am hoping he will wake up today and apologise for that awful comment love. s xx ❤️
He really is good man... He just can say some crappy stuff after a few drinks. But I have yet to meet a "good drunk" lol.
Old 12-27-2020, 08:27 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  

I so understand that....I was a nightmare.
I hope today is a much better day for both of you dear BTG s ❤️
Old 12-27-2020, 08:39 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I so understand that....I was a nightmare.
I hope today is a much better day for both of you dear BTG s ❤️
thx sweetie
Old 12-27-2020, 10:15 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Thanks pixie and I'm glad you feel better.

Btg good to read you are back on the sober bus. Congrats on day 1 👍

Not much here. Post Christmas laziness has set in. Watching box sets trying not to eat my body weight in chocolates.
Old 12-27-2020, 10:47 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Hey all!!! Hope everyone's Christmas was lovely. My husband and I are enjoying our time together. Today we are walking to this awesome cheese shop to buy some yummy cheeses to eat on our recently redecorated roof. I am a cheese fiend!
Anyway, sitting pretty at day 25. I have never had a period of sobriety with such little desire to drink. I have had a couple moments here and there but they are fleeting and not at at all strong. I am honestly a bit baffled by it.
Old 12-27-2020, 10:57 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Congrats on 25 days dear Babycat!!

Also a cheese fiend. Like really. I even dream about cheese.
(Have you tasted New Zealand cheese? Oh my....I have some in the fridge. ).
Would love to see your roof....how fantastic....another dream of mine....a rooftop garden. s ❤️
Old 12-27-2020, 11:03 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Lixie not pixie sorry 😱👍