Notices

Class of October 2020 part 1

Old 10-03-2020, 05:56 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Onward together! s ❤️❤️
Old 10-03-2020, 10:55 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Onward and upward.
This going to be a great class. I look forward to seeing who joins the October class. October is a wonderful month. For those of us in the US and Europe (I know SR has a big Australian membership too), the fall weather is coming. I like it when the weather starts turning cold and there's frost on the ground in the morning.
Old 10-03-2020, 11:13 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Hi all. Joining you on day 4. ❤
Old 10-03-2020, 11:30 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Hello darling Citrus. s ❤️

And Autumn is good Tiles, but no frost thinks for the month....I have a million flowers outside. :hug s ❤️
Old 10-03-2020, 11:58 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

No matter what happens, if I go to sleep tonight without picking up a drink I'll be on day 17 tomorrow. This brings me great comfort.
Old 10-03-2020, 12:00 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Hi Suze
We had frost yesterday morning that surprised me! Hubby was sweet enough to start my car so it would thaw before I drove the yongest to school. We have little pumpkins still growing, I'm hoping the 8 or so left on the vines will continue to grow for a bit.
Old 10-03-2020, 12:01 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Day 17 will be lovely FF! You are doing great. And tomorrow will be wonderful without a hangover.
Old 10-03-2020, 12:15 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jewel72 View Post
Welcome back, Listae! I have been in class with you. I had over 4 months last year too and it was the best feeling.
Day 1 (again) here I come. It looks like October is going to be my new month. Back again and so very tired of myself. I’ve completely lost sight of who I was and am supposed to be. I want my health back, joy, and the inner peace I had.

Happy to be on this journey with all of you.
Nice to be classmates again Jewel! I'm on day 3 (which is a minor miracle based on my behavior). I'm trying to ask myself what will be different this time.

But, most importantly, I'm just SOO happy to be back!
Old 10-03-2020, 05:40 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Ugh, the beer that my hubby still has in the house is taunting me. I'll get through this, but geeze I hate this feeling. Witching hour should be over soon. I have some iced decafe kiwi green tea I'm sipping on and some pop corn.

My whole house is on the tail end of covid. I really do not need to be drinking.
Just posting for a little extra strength.
Old 10-03-2020, 06:31 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

I’m sorry to hear about your illnesses. You can do it, Citrus! Don’t go back. We’ve tried SO many times. We know what’s best for us, now let’s make this stick this time.

going to bed on day 1 after a 5 day wine-a-thon. Really hate the stuff. Especially those super convenient easy to hide little bottles. They really know how to market the stuff. No longer going to be a slave to it.

See you tomorrow.
Old 10-03-2020, 08:52 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Congratulations Citrus and freedomfries on your alcohol free days. (It motivates me a lot to hear of your success!)

I made it to day 3; have some withdrawal symptoms (rash on my liver and legs; minor itching). I've had worse (which is both bad and good). Really severe withdrawal symptoms remind me of the severity of what my drinking was doing to my mind, body, soul.

One symptom that I do have is lethargy; since alcohol and food went together for me, I'm learning how to eat for the first time ever time I stop drinking (even though I'm almost fifty). I guess my body is still detoxing. But not having energy or motivation to do basic things is what finally got me to stop this time around. But I have to remember that detox and sobriety are processes and there is not going to be immediate magic.
Old 10-03-2020, 09:42 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Coz

Hi Citrus and Jewel - great to see you both here in the October class.

Citrus - any chance of getting the beer hidden out of your sight? Hope all in your house are feeling better post covid - did you really drink while having covid?

Jewel - do you know why you drink each time you try to quit? For me, working out why I fail each time is really helpful in changing my plan on what to do when a craving takes over my rational thinking.

Well done listae - sounds like you know the symptoms and what to expect. I'm now on day 6 and still very lethargic. My goal is to at least get the basics done each day (shower, eat, do dishes) and if I get something else done, it is a gold star for the day.

Hi to all the October-quitters. Hope you are doing well and enjoying your weekend.

Take care

Old 10-03-2020, 09:51 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Day 17.

Have to do some research for college projects today so I'll be busy. Going to relax a little first and enjoy my morning. Go for a stroll, clean my room, meditate. Get in the right zone for study.

Old 10-03-2020, 11:00 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Joining this thread to grab a hold of life again! Too many wasted hours (literally) on the couch with a glass or a can. I'd like to find some freedom from the niggling need at 5pm. Got to be more to life, right!!
Old 10-03-2020, 11:58 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Coz

Hi Amadan - yes, you are right. There's got to be more to life than a life of drinking and stuffing up. Let's start with October one day at a time!
Old 10-04-2020, 12:34 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Hello, I'm in too.
Pelagic - I can relate-my body and mind are both screaming at me to stop drinking.

Today is day 1. There is always a excuse to leave it till next week but not anymore.
Old 10-04-2020, 12:37 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Coz

Good to see you again RAL. Good choice to start again today, tomorrow never comes!
Old 10-04-2020, 12:40 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Thanks Coz, great to see you too. Seeing familiar faces in the group gives me extra comfort too. Hope you are doing ok.
Old 10-04-2020, 02:00 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Coz

RAL - I was much better a couple of weeks ago, but will get back there again. I'm back on day 6 after reaching say 107 a few weeks ago .

How's your day 1 going? I thought you were doing so well in our last shared class so I'm really hoping you can perfect your plan and make sobriety stick this time (if that's what you want). I agree that it is nice to have some familiar avatars around! It's also great to learn from new faces too!

Old 10-04-2020, 02:36 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Thanks Coz. Congrats on day 6 and on your 107 days. You did it once you can do it again.

I'm back to basics now. ODAAT. Just focusing on today. I will not drink today. It's only 10.30am here. I think part of my problem is projecting too far into the future eg oh I'm on holiday/going to a restaurant etc whatever next week and will probably drink so why not drink today? Does that make sense?

I@m drinking water, eating healthily and just taking it easy today. I hope you have a good day -are you feeling better now youve got through the first few rough days Coz?