Notices

Class of October 2020 part 1

Old 10-01-2020, 05:43 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sober45 View Post
Welcome to SR, October people! I celebrate 9 months of sobriety tomorrow after many years of daily drinking and I just wanted to let you all know that sobriety is possible for us all. Last night I got into a new show on netflix and I'm loving it so much. 9 months ago had no interest at all in watching TV, I just wanted to numb out and drink. Be patient and you will see that time heals!
Congrats on almost nine months .
Old 10-01-2020, 05:55 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thanks Suze, as always. I always think of German Village when I read your posts. Such a lovely neighborhood! I don't get through their anymore, so I miss it. Our silly sally black cat is here beside me. He was a stray and we took him in and goodness he has put on a couple pounds.

Thanks ff. You are young and I hope you can get everything straightened out. It will be worth it!
Old 10-01-2020, 07:44 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Here's a good one, just tossing it out for self humiliation. I had to go to Iowa, loads of miles away, with my wife and sister. I'm in the backseat, couldn't drive b/c of withdrawals. Some dry heaves but nothing spectacular. In the middle of Iowa I see a sign for a rest stop: 34 miles. I'm not gonna make it. I tell my sister to pull over next to some trees because it's gonna go out the other end.

I stomp down to a little creek, a beautiful little creek, under an old larch that must have been planted a hundred years ago before before the interstate. Birds were chirping, the creek was burbling.

And me, as humiliated as a person could be. I want to be sober.

Old 10-01-2020, 07:55 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Congrats to everyone in this thread who has made The Decision to take back their lives.

I did the same in one of these class thread a few years back and the class thread was my home base until everyone drifted away. Still sober, still here.

The Decision came to me in a matter of a couple days and part of it was reading a post on another site where someone said they had quit drinking and were, "Going to bed sober."

That sounded too delicious to not try it. So I did, and it stuck.
Old 10-01-2020, 10:37 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I was in the August class but i'm going to hang out here for a bit. I need to take a Facebook break because it's driving me crazy and that is most of my connection to the world. Early sobriety is hard. I feel like a I have firmer footing but the end of the year is going to be an absolute mess where I am and I have the urge to drink most days, if I'm honest.
Old 10-01-2020, 10:58 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Good to see you dear kittie! ❤️
Old 10-01-2020, 12:13 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Was part of the September class, got some sober time pieced together, which is more than any other time in years. I seem to only make it to day 6. I start to feel better, start thinking "I took the week off, so it's okay to drink on the weekend." I actually enjoyed my sober days and i want that quality of life for myself and my family. So, I'm back in for October. Day 1.
Old 10-01-2020, 01:12 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to Pelagic prettiekittie backtogood and everyone

Congrats on your sober time Sober45

D
Old 10-01-2020, 04:44 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Coz

Octoberites

FF - congrats on making it past two weeks sober - good start.

Larry - you are right. Day 3 is a tough day - and it gets harder and harder after each relapse. Can I ask why October is your favourite month?

Pelagic - really hope that you stick it out this time. This is my third recovery attempt since I joined SR in January. Kicking myself for not making it stick. First time was a bit over 60 days sober, second time a bit over 100 days. It would be great it we can work out a way to make sure it sticks for both of us.

Backtogood - wow - you do those first few days often. My first few days are awful - physically and mentally. Do you have a plan on how to get past that day 6 "I'm OK with drinking" thinking?

Kittie - I am also in the May 2020 class, but like the idea of also being in a class with others in earlier recovery (as I am) aswell. It sounds like you haven't quite got to the stage where those cravings or urges diminish. Stick close and lets do this together as a class.

GT -

Dee, Suze, Reid, Sober45 and Bimini - thanks for being around and sharing your wisdom and experience with us newbies. You are wonderful people and an inspiration in achieving long-term sobriety.

Have a great day/night everyone - stay sober
Old 10-01-2020, 04:59 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Does anybody know the link to the 24 hour thread? I can't find it and my anxiety is bad today and it might be helpful.
Old 10-01-2020, 05:18 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Coz

Hi Backtogood

Might need Dee or Suze to provide the link. I just had a look and can't find it either!
Remember to breathe - nice deep breathes and hold for 4 seconds both with full and empty lungs.

Take care...
Old 10-01-2020, 05:23 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Administrator

latest page here

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...t-502-a-8.html (24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 502)

Its always in the Daily Support forum backtogood or near the top usually in New Posts

D
Old 10-01-2020, 07:22 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I really want to do this. But I'm a worst case scenario. I 've read all the stuff, thought all the thoughts. I told my spouse there's only one thing on planet earth I can't touch. I can't touch that stuff. Definition of an alcoholic.
Old 10-01-2020, 07:28 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Administrator

I was worst case scenario too, but I changed.
If I can you can too Pelagic

D
Old 10-01-2020, 08:28 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Good morning, sobhoes!

Feeling confident in my sobriety today. I will never drink again and I will never change my mind.

I don't have any college. I'm going to take the day off completely from thinking about college or my registration status. I'm just going to focus on relaxation.
Old 10-01-2020, 09:01 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Administrator

My advice is to chase the registration up a bit today FF.
I get you want a break and to relax but if you let the college thing fester you'll just get anxious again and worry again that you won't pass.

I know - you're an adult - but it really helps me to be pro-active not reactive,

D
Old 10-01-2020, 09:04 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
My advice is to chase the registration up a bit today FF.
I get you want a break and to relax but if you let the college thing fester you'll just get anxious again and worry again that you won't pass.

I know - you're an adult - but it really helps me to be pro-active not reactive,

D
They emailed me yesterday and said my signed repeat Form is on file and I'll receive my invitation to register in the coming days. So I'm not worried about it now.
I
Old 10-01-2020, 09:13 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Double post
Old 10-01-2020, 09:18 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Coz View Post
Hi Backtogood

Might need Dee or Suze to provide the link. I just had a look and can't find it either!
Remember to breathe - nice deep breathes and hold for 4 seconds both with full and empty lungs.

Take care...
thx! Yeah once been soo much better after not drinking half the month in September. But I've drank the last 5 days and that is a trigger for my anxiety. I will try the breathing as well. New day 2marrow.
Old 10-01-2020, 09:21 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
latest page here

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...t-502-a-8.html (24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 502)

Its always in the Daily Support forum backtogood or near the top usually in New Posts

D
Thank you!