Notices

Class of October 2020 part 1

Old 10-01-2020, 09:31 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Coz

Originally Posted by Pelagic263 View Post
I really want to do this. But I'm a worst case scenario. I 've read all the stuff, thought all the thoughts. I told my spouse there's only one thing on planet earth I can't touch. I can't touch that stuff. Definition of an alcoholic.
Pelagic, just focus on your first sentence. If we want to be sober more than we want to drink, then the little obstacles and temptations are easier. I think you have lots of competition in being "worst case scenario"!
Do you have a plan at all? Even if it just covers what you will do when your mind says 'it's OK to have a drink', or worse, your mind says 'you need a drink'. I had one, but I wasn't in a position to use my plan, so now I have to work on a better plan for when my support systems are not available.

I really want to do this too and will most definitely call on SR support to make it happen. Together we can do it so much easier than doing it alone.
Old 10-01-2020, 09:35 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Coz

Originally Posted by Backtogood View Post
thx! Yeah once been soo much better after not drinking half the month in September. But I've drank the last 5 days and that is a trigger for my anxiety. I will try the breathing as well. New day 2marrow.
The breathing works really well for me most of the time. I also focus on the knowledge that the really awful anxiety goes away as the days being sober increase as I do my breathing - helps me get through the day sober.
Bring on better days!
Old 10-02-2020, 06:53 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Worst-case scenario here as well. All the way. I ruined everything in my life. Over and over and over.

Now I have a whole new life in a new country and I am happily married.
Miracles happen for us....and they happen after we surrender....we are powerless over alcohol....one drink is too many and a thousand is never enough. I know this is true for me. s xx
Old 10-02-2020, 07:41 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Worst-case scenario here as well. All the way. I ruined everything in my life. Over and over and over.

Now I have a whole new life in a new country and I am happily married.
Miracles happen for us....and they happen after we surrender....we are powerless over alcohol....one drink is too many and a thousand is never enough. I know this is true for me. s xx
So true suze about one being too many and 1000 not enough.
Old 10-02-2020, 08:42 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Together in Recovery

Originally Posted by Coz View Post

I really want to do this too and will most definitely call on SR support to make it happen. Together we can do it so much easier than doing it alone.
I'm so happy to be back, Day 2. For months--years--I've been in a spiral of attempting Day 1, Every day was half a day 1. Now, I'm on Day 2 IN THE BEAUTIFUL month of October with the BEAUTIFUL fellow travelers of SR. I'm so happy to be back; so happy! Thank for Day 2.

It was nice to meet everyone else in the October class ; it's great to see old friends (Dee and Venuscat!). Let's do this: i've never had a sober October.

I'm not going to lie; the cravings are still there (especially when I want to eat). Food and alcohol have gone hand in hand for me: so I need some strategies for meal time.

But all I know is:

1) I can never have one drink
2) Alcohol strips me of all my energy to do basic things (like bathe)
3) Drinking is a soul sucking experience for me,

So, I don't just want but i need sobriety. From January 2019-May 2019. I've never been happier than in those months. I want the strength and peace of sobriety back in my heart, flesh, mind.

Last edited by listae; 10-02-2020 at 08:44 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 10-02-2020, 08:59 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

SO happy to see you dear listae!!! ❤️

Alcohol and food always went hand in hand for me as well. s
I had to have strategies....like I would have a glass of water next to me as I prepared lunch or dinner. It helped me a lot. The association in my head changed slowly, and finally became my go-to again.

Old 10-02-2020, 10:13 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Octsobermates!

I am from Class October 2012, and less than in two weeks I will mark my 8th sober anniversary.

Since then October became my personal favorite month which holds its special magic.

To quit alcohol was the best decision of my life - and it's not an overstatement.

I couldn't imagine a week without wine back then, and it's hard to believe how time flies.

Jump on board and best of luck to all who is joining and rejoining SR!
Old 10-02-2020, 10:25 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Midnight ❤️
Old 10-02-2020, 10:29 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Welcome October sober-inos! Echoing what Midnight Blue said! I'm coming up on five years sober in February. Getting sober has been an incredible journey. I still get emotional thinking about how much better my life has become in the past four years, eight months. There has never been a better time to quit than right now.
Old 10-02-2020, 12:05 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Joining the October class. I messed up Septembers but determined that this is it for me. No more.
Old 10-02-2020, 12:12 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Great to see you Phil.
Welcome to the group! s
Old 10-02-2020, 02:55 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

I’m joining for class of October after a successful August and September hopeful that October will go aswell and to everyone on sfr good luck for the month together we can do It
Old 10-02-2020, 02:57 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Hi Kevste! s xx
Old 10-02-2020, 03:57 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome listae Phil71daniels and Kevsta

D
Old 10-02-2020, 03:58 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks for your post MB

Have a great sober weekend everyone

D
Old 10-02-2020, 04:01 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Coz

Hi Listae, Phil and Kevste

Thanks Suze, Dee, MidnightBlue and Outonthetiles for your support and encouragement .

to all the October 2020 class.

I hope you are all doing well and committing to a sober weekend. For me, this is my first sober weekend this time around. I'm sure there will be some challenges, but one day at a time, and when its tough, I'll just take it 10 minutes at a time. Theory has it that cravings only last for a short time, so hanging out for a while is worthwhile. Its the first step to a better, sober life. From my last sober time, it got so much easier after the first couple of weeks and then kept getting easier - I just need to imporve my plan to keep it going for longer (forever).

Happy weekend all....
Old 10-02-2020, 11:19 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Made it through day 2. Thank you to whatever power got me through: more peace and sobriety please!
Old 10-03-2020, 05:07 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Coz

Congrats listae! Keep it up - one day at a time. Look forward to hearing that you have made day 3 and over the worst of early recovery!

Hope everyone is enjoying a sober weekend.

Old 10-03-2020, 05:13 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

The power that got you through, was you. Stay strong!
Old 10-03-2020, 05:44 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Welcome back, Listae! I have been in class with you. I had over 4 months last year too and it was the best feeling.
Day 1 (again) here I come. It looks like October is going to be my new month. Back again and so very tired of myself. I’ve completely lost sight of who I was and am supposed to be. I want my health back, joy, and the inner peace I had.

Happy to be on this journey with all of you.