Notices

Class of April 2018 Part 15

Old 12-13-2020, 11:07 PM
  # 361 (permalink)  

Morning lovelies happy Monday!

How is everyone doing today and are we all ready for Christmas?? I nearly am. I admit I have done all my shopping from Amazon so far and there is a little bit of me that feels guilty for that what with all the high street stores closing down however it is just so accessible and so easy. I detest walking around the shops and I dont have a car now either, just one click and it's all done and delivered to the door but going out today locally to get stocking fillers. My sister has invited us to hers for christmas so I will chip in with the cost for food but dont have to do any of the food shopping win win and hopefully we may be able to pop round to see my parents for a while.

Omg, so last night I got a fb message from my aunt. She is my dads brothers wife, an active alcoholic and not a very nice person. I dont have her on my fb friends even as I do not like her, she was vile when both my nan and grandad died and I have no time for her. Bearing in mind I haven't even seen her or had contact with her in like 20 years (they live in Spain) she sends me a message telling me that we are going to lose my mum, that her treatment wont work and to go and make a fuss of her now whilst we can. I was absolutely livid. But I feel I handled it ok. The old me would have been vile back. Anyway the reason I am tellingg you this is because her message was littered with spelling errors and bad grammar, she drinks everyday starting early so she was clearly drunk and it just made me realise what it must have been like for people getting drunk messages from me! To be honest I felt sorry for her and I prayed for her and now blocked her.
My cousin, her daughter, died from alcoholism and I dont believe she was the mum she should have been for my cousin so I think I'll leave the advice thanks!

Apart from that everyrhing is good. My mum is in high spirits as she has been prescribed steroids and she feels great on them and has an appetite and everything. It's like there is nothing wrong with her. Oh how I wish. Still I am sober and I am there for her.

Ok better get up now!

Catch you all later xxxx
Old 12-14-2020, 01:42 AM
  # 362 (permalink)  
Administrator

I know lots of people who do head to the beach on Xmas Day Snitch but no, not me

D
Old 12-14-2020, 05:19 AM
  # 363 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

great to hear about ur mum snitch xxx and well done on those miles and money u collected!!! x
Old 12-14-2020, 05:15 PM
  # 364 (permalink)  

Hi Aprils

Just a quick one from me as it's very late.

Suze, well done on raising all that money on your sponsored walk, that's a terrific amount, you and your sisters did amazingly well. Did you have sore feet after? I'm glad that your mum is in good spirits and she has every reason to be proud of you.
I'd be quite happy to cancel Christmas this year, but that won't happen, it will be fairly low key though. We are going to my daughter's on Christmas Eve for a buffet and a quiz, Christmas day we are staying home but probably just having my mum here and boxing day, family are coming to us. I'm a bit behind this year and still have some gifts to buy, I need to get them before Friday though as that's when school finishes, like you though I have bought most of my gifts through Amazon.
I'm so sorry that you got that text from your Auntie, how awful and upsetting, that's just the sort of thing I would have done when I was drinking. Reading your post made me feel even more grateful for being sober.

Turkey, sand and sun Dee, I couldn't imagine having Christmas dinner on the beach, I don't think it would be for me either.

Hi Erratic, you must be on countdown now to see those babies.

Nite nite all xxx

Lots of love and stay safe.

Old 12-15-2020, 07:06 AM
  # 365 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

thanks daisy, guess going to daughters for xmas might be out of the cards, will see what the goverment says this evening and where i am is going into tier 3 on friday, so nothing is looking hopefull now.
Old 12-15-2020, 02:39 PM
  # 366 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you're allowed Erattic

Its more likely a bbq on a grassed area near the beach Daisy but I'm with you - no sand ty

D
Old 12-15-2020, 03:29 PM
  # 367 (permalink)  

Good evening April friends, I hope everyone is well, all good here but I'm really tired, I was up so late last night and when I did go to bed I just couldn't get to sleep, hopefully tonight will be better.

Same here Erratic, we'll just have to sit back, wait and hope for the best.

A b.b.q sounds just right Dee.

See you all tomorrow

nite nite

Keep safe. xx
Old 12-15-2020, 10:06 PM
  # 368 (permalink)  

Morning guys.

i hope you git a better sleep last night Daisy. I pretty much sleep like a baby now. Sober sleep is just the best. But I woke up at 4 this am and have stayed awake so I'll be shattered later.

I think most people will be having quiet christmases this year. Bugget and quiz on Christmas Eve sounds fun ! Erratic, what was the news?! I pray you can get to your daughters 🙏🙏 we are going to my sisters. So it will he me and Seren and my sister and husband and my other sister. We will wake up at home and open presents and have breakfast and if it is a nice day we have planned to meet our friends and go for a walk on the seafront and then my sister will come and pick us up around 1pm. And we will stay at her house the night. Hopefully we will be able to pop in and see mum and dad either Christmas day or Boxing day but we are only staying one night as I can't leave my fur babies too long lol.

Serens dad was sent home from work yesterday as someone he was working with tested positive for covid. They work outside and I doubt in close proximity so he is probably fine but i am not sure if he has to isolate for 10 days. I kind of questioned him whether it was true or not as he had a habit of lying and he called me something not very nice and hung up the phone and then sent me a text tello g me if he has to isolate for 10 days he wont see Seren until 26th December. I understand that's upsetting but if that isthe situation then that is the situation. Lots of others in that position. But then Seren called him last night and he told her he couldnt aee her for 3 days. Hmmmmm. Doesn't sound right but I am not speaking to him at the moment so I dont know. Anyway I've come a long way from reafting to him like I used to!!

I've got all of Serens presents and my niece and nephews. I just want to get something for my mum and dad now and need to send some cards out, only sending to my immediate family. And thata pretty much it. My sister is doing the food shopping which I'll chip in for and I'll take something round. Not sire what we are doing Christmas Eve yet. I'd like to do something but not sure what is on and what we are "allowed" to do. It all revolved around alcohol before and I'd be lying if I said I didnt miss going to the pub Christmas afternoon/evening but am I really missing the pub and company of people or did I just enjoy going cos It was a chance to drink? I could still go and not drink but I dont really want to so that kinda tells me that I enjoyed going to drink! That's not my life anymore so will pass on that.

Ok better get up and move the Elf as didnt get a chance last night! Luckily I just move him around the room and write a little note, Seren loves getting them, I dont do anything elaborate.!! She bloody loves that Elf! It is sweet though to see her little face. She is such a believer! The other night I out him in her big sweet box and I unwrapped a drumstick lolly and put it in his hands. Well in tbe morning the lolly had melted but for a second it looked like it had been eaten and I was like what the hell???? Ahahahaha for a split second I thought the elf had really eaten the lolly! My mate cracked up when I told her that.

Ok better go do it before she wakes!

Happy wednesday xx

Old 12-15-2020, 11:01 PM
  # 369 (permalink)  

Good morning Aprils, it's wild and windy out there right now, blowing a proper gale. I just heard one of my planters rolling down the path, I'll go and rescue it when I've got dressed, which will be very soon.

Morning Suze, I didn't sleep too badly thank you, though I have been up since very early. Your Christmas arrangements sound lovely and you are so lucky to be able to walk along the sea front, I would love that. I thought it was 10 days isolation if you've been in contact with someone who has Covid, but what do I know?
Oh, those bloomin' elves, I'm struggling to find different things to do with ours, I think I've done them all now.

Good morning Erratic, I hope everything is okay with you.

I'll have to go now and get dressed etc.

Lots of love to you all. xxx
Old 12-16-2020, 06:40 AM
  # 370 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

good afternoon x
Thanks for ur reply dee, daisy and snitch x looks like they are going still ahead with xmas but with some new advise and so on, so yay its still a go! we will have to leave on the sunday, least get couple of days there x so im happier now x
its windy and raining here also, it hasnt lightened up all day here. i have to put lights on just to see lol. great snitch that ur all ready and got plans for xmas x not so good u not sleeping the best daisy hun xx
Oh i made pot of soup today for hub as he hasnt been feeling the best, so he is eating small amounts x not like him not to feel well x
hope u all have a good day xx
Old 12-17-2020, 03:32 PM
  # 371 (permalink)  

Good news then Erratic that you can still to go to your daughter's, I do hope that your husband gets better quickly from whatever is ailing him, he needs to be well for the visit. The weather here is atrocious tonight, I can actually hear the wind whistling round the house and the rain is bouncing down, I hope it's cleared up for morning. The g.kiddo's finish school tomorrow and I'm picking the 3 of them up after school and taking them to McDonalds as a treat.

Lots of love to you all and keep safe of course. xxx
Old 12-17-2020, 04:32 PM
  # 372 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad you can do Xmas you guys

D
Old 12-17-2020, 11:11 PM
  # 373 (permalink)  

Morning everyone! Last day of school for us here too Daisy and its Christmas Jumper day for the kids! I am so excited about xmas as usually I am always working around it, so the week before christmas I had to work in order to get Christmas day and Boxing day off and then was back to work after as I never ever managed to achieve leave l, so its lovely to have the whole time off this year even though things are different. We have a little trip on the Bluebell Railway to see Santa on wednesday so that will be nice and I am going to see if there is anything else Christmassy on. Usually we have ice skating at the Brighton Pavillion but that is cancelled this year. Never mind.

Erratic I am so so happy you are able to go see your daughter and grandchildren! Yey! Dee, tell us what your plans are???
and Viper where are ya?!!!

I've got all of Seren's presents now I just need to get something for my mum and dad but I have some ideas and I am done present wise.

Feeling really connected in recovery and full of gratitude. I have so much to be thankful for today as i dont believe if i had carried on drinking that i would either a. Be alive right now or b. Have Seren with me. It would have been a pretty miserable Christmas for sure but thanks to recovery that is not the case today and i am so so happy and grateful for that!!

Right off to get up for school run for the last time for 2 weeks! Have a good friday

♥️🙏♥️
Old 12-18-2020, 02:46 AM
  # 374 (permalink)  
Administrator

Staying at home this year, all things considered.

D
Old 12-19-2020, 11:07 AM
  # 375 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

after all this past week, to get told its all done. so cant go to daghters, i am devistated and words can not say how i feel. and yep thats a snow patrol song. daughter is totally upset and have presents for each other and dont have time to send now. Hub has went out as he cant deal with me and whats going on, so he has left for walk. me listening to music and phoned my mother which was worst thing. sry to say snitch or anyone is i dont have same relationship with my parents. My parents i use as self harm, if u understand. nvm xmas is done and maybe should go back to when younger at 20 is i remember it that i am by myself,. anyway there u go. had it and had enough now
Old 12-19-2020, 11:37 AM
  # 376 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi erratic

I’m really sorry - I know it’s a massive disappointment- but I figure they wouldn’t be as tough on restrictions if there was any other way to handle things. Things must be pretty bad there virus wise?
at least you have telephone and things like Skype and Zoom?

D
Old 12-19-2020, 12:03 PM
  # 377 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

actually dee if was told at beginning of week i could of sent presents, but no they told us now today a sat and postage of anything will be they wont get it. i have alot to say but i cant actually write or say what i mean for it to make sense. will say for them to now say on weekend when they could of said past week is could make sure send something. i dont konw. snitch are u still going to u sisters and that? daisy u still going to ur daughters or them u? its all about what they said we could do, but suddently they say no and should of said last week when talked about it and not give oh 5 days but not now. sry i am so upset and not sure how daughter is as was worried about going back to work anyway.

sry x
Old 12-19-2020, 12:16 PM
  # 378 (permalink)  
Administrator

No need to be sorry Erratic...last minute changes are pretty crappy ...but if what they say is true and the current UK strain of the virus is worse than the ones before I guess they feel they have no choice.

hopefully with a working vaccine you’ll be able to spend some time with your family in a few months?

D
Old 12-20-2020, 02:48 AM
  # 379 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry Erratic I was thinking about you when Boris made his announcement yesterday. We will be staying home too. Owen is very upset as he was excited to be seeing his cousins. It's frustrating and disappointing and there is plenty I could say but it won't change anything. I've accepted it now and though Christmas is a write off pretty much, we will have a get together when we it's safe to do so and make up for it then. Christmas eve we will probably have a family Zoom Quiz, set up by my daughter's boyfriend, at least we have Zoom and Facetime, it's better than nothing and after seeing how poorly Mr D.B was a few weeks ago, it's better to be safe than sorry. It is what it is.

I know this change of rules will affect you too Suze and I am so sorry especially with the way your mum is, but you have to keep her safe. Be strong and do the best you can, I know you'll give Seren the best Christmas you can all things considered.

Dee, my mum is having the vaccine this afternoon, she has mixed feelings about it though, hopefully it will protect her.
I'm not sure what the situation is like now where you are, but take good care of yourself whatever.

Lots of love to all of you.

Keep safe. xxx
Old 12-20-2020, 11:55 AM
  # 380 (permalink)  
Administrator

At the moment no change in my state’s zero community cases Daisy but that can change any day. An outbreak in Sydney is changing many people’s plans.

I’m hoping the vaccines will be a game changer

D