# 321 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on day one erattic

Yeah its hot but thats what you get down here

D
Old 12-01-2020, 02:28 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Evening my lovely fellows,

Am in bed after a very busy day and wanted to check in!

I'm glad to read Izzy is out of hospital and I pray he continues to get better. Are you awaiting any test results to find out what he may be suffering with? It's awful when the little ones aren't well like that but good news you are on day 1! You can do this hon!! And sleep really is the best 😊😊😊

yeh Daisy it sounds like hubby should be seen f2f. Lots of my mums appts are now over the phone which is prob not such a bad thing for her as she doesnt have to travel and I suppose for my mum she doesnt really need to be seen at the moment , it's more that she is being asked how she feels etc. I hope you get it sorted out! I had a follow up dermatology appt yesterday. It was so weird. I had my mask on and the dr was all in his PPE and standing 2 metres from me. I felt like I was in an interrogation room lol. It's all such a bizarre time at the moment.

Vipe! Are you getting those Ray's yet??? 😎

Dee, as much as I love our seasons here I am a hot weather girl and have heat envy at the moment lol. It's starting to get really cold here 🤧🤧

I saw my mum and dad at the weekend which was lovely. We kept our masks on but we hugged and I could sit next to my mum and hold her hand. It was so good to see them and to be back "home". I feel like something has happened to me the last couple of days. I've really been doing a lot of thinking and really connecting with myself and my feelings and my heart and my Higher Power. I feel positive and motivated. I feel like I can be true to myself that I can speak my truth. That I can put my boundaries up. That I can take what I need and leave the rest. I feel back to the old me before the drinking really took hold. I was very active, always getting things done, very motivated. I haven't been drinking but I don't feel Like I've been living life to my fullest either.
I went out and got a xmas tree and lots of decs yesterday. It looks amazing. So xmassy. Seren loves it! I also bought paint as I am going to start decorating and I've been buying some new things we need to make our home look lovely. I've been cleaning and sorting out and organising and dealing with my admin. I've been adopting a real positive mental attitude and letting go and letting God around my fears. I can't explain it but I am feeling really good at the minute. I am finding my own way in AA. My own path. Which is great.

Seren's elf came back last night bloody thing! But the look of joy and Christmas spirit and wonder on her little face this morning was so worth it. Got to get up and move the f$#ker now. Luckily she doesnt seem bothered he doesnt do much other than move around the room. Well so far anyway. Omg Daisy I saw that elf on shelf you put on fb. I was peeing myself laughing! That would traumatised Seren for life if I did that 🤣🤣🤣🤣 but I am so tempted hahahaha

Oh just a quickie. A girl came on our meeting this am. She had been sober about 3 months then went back out for 3 months and she came back this morning but she had been drinking and smoking gear and she was in a right mess. It was so sad to see , especially after seeing how good she had gotten in sobriety. It was like 2 different women. I pray she stays but you know what? It was a good reminder of what alcohol does and what is waiting for me if I pick up a drink because sometimes my head does whisper "maybe you could have a little drink now." NO!!!!! I have to smash that idea right out of my head!

Whoa my eyes are starting to close and Buddy is still lying flat on his back in the centre of the living room where Seren left him so off up I get to move him. Oh well. Only another 24 days of this 🤔😩🤣

night xxxx
Old 12-02-2020, 01:20 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning x thanks dee and yup very hot where u are, but used to it eh?
good to hear from u snitch and really glad u got to see ur parents x thanks for your kind words about doing this x so on day 2 but not going to post much just now as i would like to come back at end of day saying that i managed, which i will manage as i have no choice and im doing this 30 day AF regardless xx

hope u all have good day xx
Old 12-02-2020, 01:57 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Good morning Whiners, made it here at last. I do like to try and check in every day, but with one thing and another lately it's just not been happening. I need more hours in my day. G.son is off today with a pain in his groin, he was crying with it, but he could be trying it on, he'd make a good actor lol. I've phoned school but if he starts jumping about etc he'll be going in later. I'm a hard woman, lol.
Mr D is getting better by the day, he has an appointment on 11 December for a chest Xray, so fingers crossed.

Hi Dee, it's hard to imagine it being too hot, when it's freezing here and I'm wearing my winter woollies and thermals, lol.

Morning Erratic and good luck with your ' no drinking' I know how hard it is, more so at this time of year when it's constantly in your face everywhere you look, but I do believe that you can do it, you just need to believe it too.
I hope little Izzy continues to improve, hopefully he'll be better by the weekend. Sending lots of love xxx

Morning Suze, I'm a hot weather lover too, I don't cope with being cold very well and it's freezing today. I'm glad you managed to get your parents at weekend even though you couldn't hug them, it's a strange world we're living in at the moment.
I think I'll put our tree up this weekend which is early for me, but it will be nice for g.son. His school have said that the children can't take Christmas cards in this year, they've got no big Christmas party, just separate class parties which is better than nothing, no nativity play, no Christmas Fayre, the children have missed out on a lot this year. Lets hope next year is a better one.

I'll leave it at that.

Lots of love to you all.

keep safe. xxx
Old 12-02-2020, 09:12 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

early evening all xx
thanks daisy, glad mr d is getting better by the day x izzy had bad night but wasnt to bad today so yup lets hope he continues to get better x hear u on not enough hrs in the day that used to be me, have to much hrs for me x back to work tomo though so that will take up half my day.
so i can say its near end of day 2 for me, going to have something small to eat as my stoumach is sore still from sleeping after i ate at lunch time, and then im going to have a bath and have another early night. least this is my 2nd day of some sort of routine. did have some slight craving one due to daughter talking about what she is buying all the adults for xmas which is some drink except me so told her not to just now mention the word and what everyone else is getting. had one other slight craving again when hub came in as normaly thats my witching hr and we normaly go to shop but i shut that craving up!. so as usual hope u have good evening and thanks for all ur support. xx

Here is a little something my homework was about and said, its about what u gain not what u lose when giving up alcohol. so its a change of mind setting seeing me through this 30 day for start as im not looking beyond that just now. anyway just wanted to share x

hugs to u all xx
Old 12-02-2020, 10:48 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

I wrote the bit about gain wrong here is the proper thought or idea x its not what u give up, but what you GAIN!
Old 12-02-2020, 01:13 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Hi I’m on the beach. It hasn’t been that warm, it’s been chilly and very windy) but in the sun it’s good enough today. Tomorrow temps should be good for the beach like 79F (26 C ??). In the sun that feels good. Normally it’s still and the temps above 26C. The sun definitely feels good though. This area of Florida is very much quiet and secure with the Covid. Beaches are nearly empty and the condo tower is very quiet.

My sister’s son that recently moved out went to the ER 3 times in a day. Finally they realized his appendix was bad and they did emergency surgery and it had burst which is pretty nasty. Her husband is at home and dealt with the whole thing. So he’ll go back at the house as soon as they release him to recover. That was stressful. But it looks like all will be ok from here. A tough recovery I guess because they really need to cut you open when it’s bad. Anyway.

I Feel lonely. I need friends.

anyway talk soon

Viper
Old 12-02-2020, 01:26 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Evening guys

I am glad that Mr DB is on the mend Daisy and how is your grandson now? Yep the kids have missed out on alot which is kinda why I have gone the while hog with the Christmas tree and decs. Both Seren and I need som extra festive cheer!

Well done on day 2 Erratic. it is a tough time alcohol wise at the moment for the newly sober and even for us with longer periods of sobriety. In the UK especially it is marketed like Christmas equals Alcohol! And all my previous xmas's did use to be like that. The first couple of drinks were great but because I cannot stop once I start then I end up getting wasted, pass out after dinner, come to and start drinking again, then I'd turn into Mr Hyde and I'd either be crying or getting mad. I ruined so many christmases!! I've had a few sober christmases now and they have been without doubt the best ever since I was a child. Anyway, i digress. Just keep it in the day Erratic. I know you can do this. You are right, it's all about changing our mindset. We are bot actually giving anything of value up. Alcohol is pure poison to people like us. We need to concentrate on what we gain and omg I have gained so so much. Sometimes my head starts romantacising the poison. Imagining a christmas dinner with a glass of bubbles , sitting laughing round the table but that is NOT my reality and I have to smash that idea out of my head Just one little drink is the single cause of all of my misery, all of my shame, all of my remorse, all of my guilt, all of my terror and all of my despair. I think I'll skip that one little drink thanks and have something non alcoholic instead

Seren Is with her dad tonight. I realise I can go into a low mood when she isnt here. It reminds me of being on my own before a work trip. But I can notice myself going into darker thoughts and stop them in their tracks. I do miss her and cany wait for her to come home thi. Bloody hell it's only one night I need to chill haha.

I am off to get my nails and eyebrows done tomorrow. Cant wait.

So Erratic I am on day 3 of no sugar and no binge eating so I will join you on your sober journey even tho my problem today is sugar not alcohol. You arent alone sister, we've all got your backs!

I'm watching The Queens Gambit on netflix. There is an actual thread on here about it as it does have alcohol and pill popping in it. I could really identify with alot of it. But it is good even though a little triggering!

Gonna watch one now and then

Much love xxx
Old 12-02-2020, 03:51 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Erratic, I hope little Izzy has a good night and is much better tomorrow, poor little thing. Babies are tough little things though and bounce back much quicker than we do. I hope your stomach is better too. Well done on knocking the A.V on the head, I know first hand how hard that can be. I'm thinking about your quote above re your homework ' what you gain, not what you lose' when you give up alcohol. I think one of the most important things I've gained is self respect which is something I had none of when I was drinking.

Viper, I wish I was sat on a beach sunning myself, it's freezing here, literally. I hope your nephew is okay and makes a good recovery.

Suze, my g.son is absolutely fine thank you, he was fine by lunch time, he's a big drama queen and this evening he forgot all about it and was doing karate kicks! I was conned, lol. Enjoy your evening and make the most of your free time, I'd give my right arm for some of that at the minute lol.

Good night all, stay safe. xxx
Old 12-02-2020, 05:43 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Hi, So my nephew arrived home and seems well. He’s watching a Netflix series with his brother. He’s bouncing back fast after all that. It’ll be a bit of a road to recovery I think.

yes so I started to tan. When I travel it takes a lot out of me and I really slept through the day yesterday, but today was improved and had coffee and my breakfast between 11 and noon (trust me MUCH improved from yesterday) and hit the beach. The winds really got the water kicked up and silty and cold so I’ll have to see if it calms down. But it’s great sit out there or walk the beach.

I see everyone with their booze. I could care less. 2 years and 5 months now. Interesting. Still wishing it was 10 years. I would have had a J O B.

Erratic nice job 👍!!

V
Old 12-03-2020, 09:57 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

evening all coming to end of day 3, good to see u again viper and hey lucky u walking alone the beach and good that u slept to get ur energy levels back x
not much to say as had work this morn and slept this afo when got home. so im just making dinner now and then prob head to bed for work in morning.

here thinking of you daisy and snitch and you dee xx
see u again tomo x
Old 12-03-2020, 01:42 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Well done Erratof on day 3. That is amazing. The first few days are always the hardest. Sounds like you are doing the right thing. Food and bed. Head on pillow sober. Awesome! I'm right there with you but woth food instead of drink. Day 4 of no sugar and no binges. But fri sat sun are hardest for me so need to be vigilant.

my boot saga continues. The company I got them from wont give me a refund. So I need them returned to me but trying to arrange that today was like pulling teeth.i was also trying to sort my water bill out but that was the same. Simple jobs. But I kept running into problems online. Neither job was resolved so back to square one tomorrow. I didnt get my nails and eyebrows done either. The weather here!! Was chucking it down all down. Absolutely vile out. But it was lovely sitting down in the warm with my baby back, watching Gavin and Stacey xmas special and having a healthy but yummy dinner.

I better start my xmas shopping actually as it is only 22 sleeps till Christmas!!!!

Enjoy the beach Vipe.

Night all xxx
Old 12-03-2020, 01:44 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Oh forgot. My mum is having a brain scan tomorrow. Because she keeps feeling dizzy and losing her balance. I'm terrified. As usual my head has gone to worse case scenario and she has a brain tumour. Trying to keep it in the day.

Please pray for her. Her name is Linda.

♥️🙏♥️🙏
Old 12-03-2020, 04:19 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

HI Aprils

Glad your nephew's on the road to recovery Viper, it must have been a worry. Wish I was walking along a beach right now, sounds very appealing.

Keep at it Erratic, day 3 was always the hardest for me but you've done it now. I hope Izzy is okay.

The weather's been vile here too Suze and so cold with it. What a pain re your boots, I hope you manage to get it sorted, I hate those kind of days when it feels like you've never stopped but got nothing done. How are your piggies doing these days?

Prayers for Linda. xxx

Lots of love to you all.

Keep safe. xx
Old 12-03-2020, 06:50 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  
Administrator

glad your nephew is ok Vipe...Prayers for your mum Snitch and good thoughts and wishes for you and your family too erratic and DB

D
Old 12-03-2020, 09:43 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

early morning quick check in xxx
sry to hear abour mum snitch i do wish her the best and hope for the best xx i hear u about the food, but i know i have started restricting, but i am still trying to eat dinner at night x
thanks daisy, havent really heard much from daughter yesterday as i was working, so havent had much of an update on how little izzy is doing and willem has a cold x also her partner is on steriods for his asthma, daughter is on new antibiotics for bladder or kidney infection,so they are all not the best, cant wait to get down there and sort them all out x

start of day 4, but im just keeping my cravings a dull thud at back of my mind just now, but i know they still come around 3-30 but i do have my homework to do, actually have to catch up yesterdays as i fell a sleep in the afternoon and as i said had dinner and then went off to bed xx

thanks dee x we are really lucky to have u around, dont think i say it enough, your always there when u can x your a star and big hug to you xx right off for tea and dress for work xx
hope have goo day x
Old 12-05-2020, 12:15 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

I ended up drinking on day 4, but im not going to bash myself about it, i wrote down my why i was mindfull in why i was drinking and i know now what to do to i think in not letting it happen again in my 30 days AF so this is still going to be day 5 with 1 data point which we call it where i am. also had my first zoom meeting last night which didnt drink while on it and at end i poured the rest of the drink away so i didnt have anything left. so day 5 and wont be going to shops for dinner today as we bought it last night while we went for last nights, also i will defo be using my toolbox.

hope everyone else is ok?

thanks dee again for asking my why in the other thread xxx
see u later when i say im AF at the end of day 5 x
Old 12-05-2020, 03:16 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

I love your honesty Erratic, there are not many people who are as straight up front as you, I'm sorry you didn't make it through day 4 without a drink but it's a step in the right direction that you are being mindful about the reasons for it and working on it not happening again. Stay strong lovely, I firmly believe that you will do this, no one was worse than me and I got there in the end, you will too.

Hi Dee, Suze and Viper, wishing you all the best Saturday possible and whatever you do, keep safe.

Lots of love xxx
Old 12-05-2020, 03:20 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

thanks daisy hun xx yup today will end with day 5 AF xxx

not sure what to do withmyself today, bit bored and not sure what kind of hobbie to take up lol nvm i prob end up reading and sleeping part of the day away xx
Old 12-05-2020, 03:39 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Morning guys

Having a lazy sat mornimg here 😊

Thank you for all your kind wishes for my mum. She had her scan yesterday and will wait for the results here so praying all is ok. Just keeping it in the day 🙏🙏

Erratic, I am glad you are here and posting. I can't really comment on the method you are using as I dont have any experience of it and I know that would not work for me because when I start drinking I have no control and cant stop and don't know where it will take me. But I am glad you are here and I am glad you are constantly trying 🙏

So, my news is that I have my first sponsee! Someone has asked me to take them through the steps and I said yes after chatting through with my sponsor ! Eek!

Ok got to dash will check in later xx