Notices

The Power Of Sobriety Thread (POST!) #11

Old 09-14-2020, 09:59 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

She sounds like a special woman, Cour. Glad you appreciate each other. Prayers for your friend.

Have a great day all!
Old 09-15-2020, 08:29 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  
p***enger

How's the fire situation?
Old 09-15-2020, 08:36 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Still not good. So smokey. We can't even see our beautiful mountain. My mom showed me a thing from the paper where all the fires are. Almost the whole state has some pretty bad fires and Oregon has them now too. I hope CA makes it through this. Such a beautiful state and so much carnage. But, hope springs eternal!
Hope all is well with you, Cour, my friend and all of the other POSTers! Love and peace to all. Be safe.
Old 09-15-2020, 12:05 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

The fires out west are actually creating a haze in the sky 3000 miles away here on the east coast. I hope the fires abate soon.

Congrats on having your noisy neighbor move out Aly. That must be a big relief!

Take care all!
Old 09-15-2020, 12:26 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

It has been so nice to have the unit next door empty. Those people who moved were on the dangerous side and the anxiety level has gone down some. They were grifters. I think the guy who owns it may be trying to sell it, he hasn't had luck with his renters. I think it's his realtor. She's a pill and does all the groundwork for the owner. I just hope we get some decent people who aren't super noisy and obey the basic rules. Unfortunately I saw the realtor the other day and it's the same one. I really had to hold myself back to not have a few words with her. I kind of wish I had, but it's probably better that I didn't.
We live in a condo complex, so you get all kinds because of the investors that buy and rent. There is a small contingent of mothers with younger boys who are very, very strange and kind of mean. The kids are nice, but their mothers are like thugs practically. Luckily our neighbors on the other side are awesome and they're relatives of the owner who wants to eventually sell it, so I'm hoping they get to stay for a while longer.
Now that people are home more on this lockdown, there are so many people around more often, so we don't see each other that much usually. More now with people being home.
I think from how Cour describes her encounters with people when she goes out is so nice. Right now, people around here are driving terribly and not being as nice as usual. A lot of cranky people out there. I guess with everything going on and then add that CA down to the Mexican border and into Oregon is all on fire. I'm sure people are stressed. I'm going out when I have to, but trying to avoid most people right now.
Take care all. All my love to my friends here! I hope everything is going well for everyone!
Old 10-04-2020, 02:44 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Been awhile since I checked in on the Posties (looks like I'm not the only one).

Been super busy with work and my online recovery group. I did get a chance to get to the sports card show yesterday (Saturday). It was the first one since the pandemic hit and it was really nice to see some old friends again. I even picked up about 50 cards for my various sets. I found a nice restaurant that had an open dining room, so all in all it was a great day.

Hope all is well with the rest of you!
Old 10-04-2020, 11:05 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  
p***enger

Hey FBL. Golly, it *has* been a long time. The 2020 that wasn't. I'm glad you got to go to a card show. Any keepers?

Writing a grant proposal with a very anxious colleague. I hope it gets funded -- but if it gets funded, this will be her baby, not mine. Me, I need some separation and shift in focus away from work.

G'nite all. G'nite Dee.
Old 10-05-2020, 12:17 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Hiya all!

Been keeping very busy at work. FYI, I am starting to see a little hoarding happening again on essentials. You all might want to grab some extra rolls of tp before the election.

Take care everyone!
Old 10-05-2020, 03:37 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Thanks for the tip, Star. I stocked up on the tp way back in March and I'm just now running low.
Old 10-05-2020, 03:07 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  
Administrator

D
Old 10-17-2020, 06:37 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Hello familiar friends!

have been on a long toad trip away from Colorado and the smoke for about two months. Yes, the haze is ALL over the US. north south and East.

now Colorado fires are on the rise again, and will go back to our home,thankfully , but to a state on fire.

You aussies were resilient during your country wide fires, and so are we, but getting weary as Aly says

love to you all.
Old 10-17-2020, 07:08 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Hi Free! Where have you gone on your two month adventure?

It has switched from summer to fall very quickly here. A bunch of outdoor projects that I had been putting off for cooler temps are suddenly beckoning to be done. Outside time becomes precious this time of year.

Repotted a bunch of orchids that have been rather neglected by me over the past few years. Hoping they will rebloom in the coming months. I used to have a fairly large collection of orchids, probably over thirty if I recall. They do take a little time and effort to keep healthy. As I spiraled into depression and deep alcoholism, I lost interest and most of the plants gave up the ghost. I treated myself to some new ones from my store and one week in, they look great.

FBL, glad that your project is nearing completion. Do you have plans for the next one?

Courage, how is the academic world? My son will do his entire college freshman year virtually this year. My high school freshman daughter has been virtual, but may possibly be going back a couple days a week in a hybrid model starting next month. Decisions will be made next week.

Glee, are the boys playing hockey this year? How has your district's hybrid model worked out so far? Has work life calmed down a bit?

Aly, is the unit next to yours still vacant? I hope you are enjoying the quiet period in the interim. Are you feeling any better overall?

Carlos, it's about time that you regale us with tales of warm water beaches and white sand. How is NE doing? Are you working pretty much full time now?

Our store has been quite busy. We are actually topping many of last year's sales week to week, despite having a line to get into our store and fewer registers open. Most shoppers seem happy that we still take precautions. Many other retailers have simply stopped doing anything, including wiping down carts. It looks like things Covid wise are beginning to ramp up again with the colder weather. Make sure you all get your flu shots this year.

Best wishes to all!
Old 10-17-2020, 10:31 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Hey there. Glad to see you all.
Thanks for asking about me SG! I think, but not sure, that a family may be moving in or they are staying there while doing repairs. I guess the last people really trashed the place and it had just been remodeled beautifully. So the quiet has been wonderful. Hoping whomever moves in is nice and quiet. I saw a bunch of little kids, but I love kids and they go to bed early.
Yeah, I'm noticing things aren't getting wiped down as much as they used to, esp where I go for my prescriptions. They are so short staffed, it's terrible, yet they are reporting record sales. I wish they had more people to help them. I feel so badly for the workers. They are so nice yet so stressed. At least people are pretty much wearing masks still around here, which is wonderful. I'm reading how essential masks really are and I'm trying to wear one every time I go out even to walk the dog or do the laundry, whatever.
I hope work is well. It sounds like you're busy! I know the store we have here is very, very busy. Great that you get outside so much. So good for your frame of mind.
Take good care. So nice to see your post.
Have a great weekend all.
Old 10-17-2020, 01:19 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  
p***enger

Originally Posted by Free2bme888 View Post
Hello familiar friends!

have been on a long toad trip
I wanna go on one of those.
Old 10-17-2020, 01:27 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  
Administrator

Stay safe Free, and everyone

D
Old 10-17-2020, 02:22 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

We started actually on August 29, to Rocky Mountain National Park.

Can someone please remind me how to post pics? I’ll post scenes that will bring reminders of why we should preserve our lives and sanity through sobriety.
Old 10-17-2020, 02:28 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 10-17-2020, 02:29 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

oh. I see I’ve done it.

this is Lake Dillon, on a cold and blustery Saturday morning

about a three hour drive to Rocky Mountain National Park (RMNP)

réservations for timed entry are in hand for each of our four days here

Old 10-17-2020, 02:36 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  

We get to see big horned sheep on the mountainside

can you expand and see?

then we went to the cabin I rented on a river side.

here is the afternoon view, and later the night view with full moon.

Old 10-17-2020, 02:42 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

We did an epic hike (=all day and 9 hours and 13.8 miles) to Bluebird Lake. Fantastic!

some scenes along the way: