Notices

One Year & Over Part 75

Old 06-29-2020, 03:23 AM
  # 241 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Just a quick check-in before I have to disconnect the computers...

I got some more stuff moved over to the new place yesterday. Once we get the computers and desks moved today, we can take our time on clearing the other stuff out. The boss is paid at the old place thru July (at least). He thinks the landlord will let him out of the remainder of the lease (which runs thru January), but I highly doubt it. I talked to a couple of other tenants here over the weekend, and they also plan on moving out soon. This building may be totally empty by this time next year! BTW, we have some college kids helping us and they are doing all the heavy lifting, so I'm grateful for that!

Have a Marvelous Monday, overs!
Old 06-29-2020, 03:24 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  

It’s a rainy morning here on the Maine coast. When I was up in the middle of the night I looked out of my second floor windows and it looked like our building had launched itself into the ocean it’still raining but I can see pavement and grass again.

Have a good day, Overs
Old 06-29-2020, 06:40 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Mags - Wow. I thought I had a lot of creatures out back.Many birds we don't have and hedgehogs & pheasants. Neet!!!.

Took a ride yesterday evening and my bike shifts as smooth as glass - from top to bottom and back. What a treat. I'm going to try and ride every day as long as it's not way to hot or raining. It's good for my knee even if I have to ice it afterwards.

Daughter(E) and her boyfriend are coming over this afternoon so I can do some millwork on their kitchen counters. Not sure what needs done but I have the tools to do most anything. They'll also spend some time picking mullberries. They & Mrs love them. I think they are numb. I just don't get much tasgte from them.

Still waiting on the puppies to open their eyes so I can see pictures and make my pick. I'm getting too excited. Last night I got worried about the trip home from Tennessee. What if the car breaks down, what if Ruthie gets carsick continuously, what if ..., what if ..., what if ... Should I let Mrs come along - I'd rather not. I want to bond strongly and be the most bonded. Ruthie is going to be my dog as I am completely responsible for her. Mrs wants no part in care. Fine with me, but I've heard stories about people picking up a pup and the person who drives the long trip home doesn't get bonded. All this worry and it's still months before I'll be able to go get her. I'm so silly.

My life has been filled with terrible misfortunes, most of which never happened.
-- Mark Twain
Old 06-29-2020, 11:03 PM
  # 244 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.
Have a good day everyone.
Old 06-30-2020, 12:52 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Overs

Sassy, sounds like you had a good downpour, faster than the drainage system copes with it. I hope it didn’t cause any problems.

Charon, I’m glad you enjoyed your bike ride, great exercise. When you go to pick up your pup, could your wife go with you and drive, so you can bond with your new pup. I smiled at your Mark Twain saying. I’ve built up things in my head over the years. I’m getting better at letting go though.

FBL, handy having some college lads to help move the heavy stuff. Hope you settle in well.

Hayfever is bad at the moment, I know the pollen count is getting worse by the day.

I hope everyone is ok and well. Be safe my friends. xxxx
Old 06-30-2020, 02:20 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Still rainy here - we really needed it but I don’t like feeling it’s time to build an ark

Have a good one, Overs!
Old 06-30-2020, 02:24 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Hi y'all. Lots of walking- trying to strengthen back before going back into art studio- up to 5h standing, which is a lot for me.
Old 06-30-2020, 03:48 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Well, I put in about 14 hours yesterday, but it was very productive. Got all the computers, desks and tables set up and ready to go! Still bringing over boxes from the old office, but it's actually starting to look like a running business again!

Have a Terrific Tuesday, overs!
Old 06-30-2020, 05:35 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Morning.

Mags, I'm going to be selfish about Ruthie. My wife could come along but I don't really trust her. I don't want any chance of sabotage or undermining. And I don't want to take the chance that she could usurp bonding and get Ruthie bonded to her instead of me. That happened with our last dog.

Mrs has tried to interfere with my getting a pup for a long time even though she said I could (as a gift) Christmas 2018. When I finally decided that I was definitely getting a pup, I suffered a lot of passive-agressive treatment. She has made it clear that she wants none of the responsibility. That's fine with me but means that Ruthie will be my dog only.

My daughter offered to go if school is cancelled, delayed, or virtual and she doesn't have to be present every day. She has the same reservations about her mother. In fact she made a special effort to convey her fears without me ever saying anything. Still, I think a trip with just Ruthie and I would be really nice, easy going, and on Ruthie and my schedule.

Some of this will be dealt with today as we have the second meeting together with my long time therapist. We'll continue sessions with him unless she decides (again) that I'm the one with problems and she doesn't have anything to work on. At 73 and after 47 years of taking punches, this boxer is ready to conceed and leave the ring. So tired of a pocket full of mumbles.
Old 06-30-2020, 01:52 PM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Hi everyone -

Sass - sounds like a whopper of a storm

Mags - Sounds so lovely! Thx for sharing.

PJ - good luck with your strengthening

Star - happy to hear that you enjoy the stories.I love that you have those videos. My mom through all of our old tapes our bc she thought the old technology was junk. I was so sad to discover that! Oh well. If it helps, I feel like I don’t remember much of K from even a year ago due to the sleep dep.

FBL - wow, getting the love done like a boss!!!! Woot woot!

I’m struggling today. I’m on full strength anti-nausea meds, but I can’t tell that they are doing anything. Today it’s the smells have kicked into over gear. K got a new plastic bath toy from her grandma and the smell of the new plastic was too much for me to stand. I had to ask daddy to hide the toy in a different room. I’m pretty sure this toy has no detectable odor to anyone else. I did manage to eat, but tummy is making all kinds of horrible, angry noises so I dunno... Bleh.

i have 4 more weeks of this getting worse before it gets better. Today is quite likely the best that I will feel until I do full circle in 8 weeks. Bleh.

one day at a time....and thank goodness my mom is almost out of quarantine.

K has started talking her potty on walks - she loads it into her puppy suitcase and wheels it around, talking to it to explain the neighborhood. It’s cute to hear what salient features a toddler sees.
Old 06-30-2020, 01:53 PM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Double post
Old 06-30-2020, 03:04 PM
  # 252 (permalink)  

I need to catch up.....so just quickly love to everyone, and Serene honey, I am beyond happy for you and your family. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Old 06-30-2020, 03:36 PM
  # 253 (permalink)  

nausea sucks
Old 06-30-2020, 10:46 PM
  # 254 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.
SE
Have a good day everyone.
Old 06-30-2020, 11:03 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Overs

SE, sorry the sickness is still persisting. I remember when Gilmer was getting a lot of sickness and I think it was suggested Ginger Candy to suck. Dee might remember the name of it. It helped Gilmer at the time.

Sassy, I hope it’s stopped raining.

Charon, I hope the therapy sessions help you and your wife. It will be lovely when you get your pup, looking forward to seeing pics of her.

Life’s not easy sometimes but a whole lot better I found, when we deal with it sober.

Going for a walk later to blow some cobwebs away.

Have a good Wednesday my friends, and keep safe. xxxx

Old 07-01-2020, 12:56 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Charon, when moving up to Scotland from the south coast of England, I drove the whole way (8hours) with my cat Spud in a carrier belted onto the front seat. He yowled most the way but as it was facing me as driver, I was able to speak to him and comfort him. We also took a few pit stops when I was able to give him more attention. By the time we arrived at his new home he'd quit moaning! It was an adventure for us both.
Old 07-01-2020, 12:59 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  
Administrator

I only remember the Australian version Mags sorry, altho any ginger candy is good for nausea - the more natural the better IME.
I did look up that Gilmer mentioned something called Traditional Medicinals Organic Ginger Tea.

Might be worth googling

D
Old 07-01-2020, 03:34 AM
  # 258 (permalink)  

A quick fly by - somehow I managed to schedule a busy morning - cat to the vet, car to be serviced (all done via pick up at the guard shack). If they come in the wrong order, I may be toast.

Have a happy Hump Day, Overs!
Old 07-01-2020, 03:40 AM
  # 259 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Putting the final touches on my new office today. Still a lot of stuff to toss at the old place. The garbage man will empty the dumpster tomorrow morning, so I'll be back to fill it up one last time.
Old 07-01-2020, 03:46 AM
  # 260 (permalink)  
Administrator

Best wishes on the move FBL

D