Notices

One Year & Over Part 75

Old 07-08-2020, 07:12 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Hey overs!
First yes I am fine (knock on wood) just haven't had much time to spare. No I don't drive it daily but we did take a trip out to Cripple Creek CO in it, about 90 minutes each way if you are enjoying the scenery and taking it slow. It is a climb behind Pikes Peak up and then down into the valley where it is nestled. I am tickled that we have what are called off peak hours year round. So I make sure to charge during off-peak hours which cost less, between 3PM and 7PM whenever I charge the Tesla. I have only charged it three times. Once from 214 miles to 284 miles when I drove it home starting fully charged there. and two more days doing 80% the first day and the rest the second. My home outlet charges now at a rate of 30 - 32 miles of range an hour, my maximum fully charged range is ~316 miles. But the Superchargers that are everywhere can charge it at 100 miles range per 30 minutes I have read. Yet to charge anywhere but home. It is cheaper by far to pay for Supercharger charging on trips, as opposed to the cost of gas or diesel, and cheaper yet when I charge at home. I should never need to charge anywhere but home as I don't drive all that much. We are only doing windshield tours and I am getting good at no stop trips. So yes I have been busy getting the Baja ready to sell, charting and playing with the costs of ownership, and accelerating up to the speed limits wherever I am safely, but very fast.

FBL,
So glad your move worked out so well.

Sassy and Mags,
No I am not sleeping in it. I have a lot of control on my Tesla App on my Android phone. I can open the Frunk (Front trunk because there is no big engine there) and the rear hatch, set the climate control on, honk the horn, or put it on sentry mode and it records anything moving around it from its 360 camera coverage. There is no key. Just two valet cards, one in my wallet and the other in Mrs Itchy's purse wallet, and my cell phone securely paired to it. My SH still smokes in the garage when it is hot here like today when it hit 94 as the high. But dry, so it feels like 75 -80 tops anywhere else. S I sometimes toot the horn as she sits directly in front of the car when smoking. Or subtle like popping the Frunk open in the silence f the garage. I'm bad!

Sassy,
Me too vis a vis grateful for beautiful surroundings to explore and be in, in the moment.

Charon,
Sorry to hear you decided to set yourself back to zero in a moment of feeling deprived. Before I finally quit for good I did that daily, and for a couple of years I couldn't get 24 hours! I have 10 years this coming September.

Yep the July 2020 group will be where you will find others who still feel deprived, instead of feeling we survived alcohol and our own self sabotaging to live free. If you want to quit for life you can, and we will see you back here in a year we hope. Some Itchy thoughts I wrote during my first few years sober for you to take with:

"Stay strong it gets much better as you go. The only way I have found in life not to be vulnerable is to hide in a bottle. Being vulnerable gets easier. And then becomes being open. There is a difference."

"
I only want, when I find myself wanting."

"Stop getting ready and start getting to it.Not the tomorrow that never comes. Not when everything is right and there is no stress, and not with conditions like as long as I don't have to whatever, and not waiting for it to fall from the sky or be instantly available through a drink or pill.

Stop getting ready and start getting to it."

"
Boredom is wanting to do something, anything, as long as you don’t have to actually do something to do it."

"
Like all of us, I started in despair of having the willpower, and in desperation reached out like you are doing now too. If you are desperate enough, and have had enough, you will say ENOUGH!

And whatever it takes, you will find you already had enough of it."
Andy,
Percy was lucky to catch some love and care after a mauling from a raptor. I endeavor to emulate your big broken heart that you find still has enough love and caring to share. I hope your meetings are still providing an outlet like FBL gets from leading his. When you are ready you'll see.

Suze,
Whatever you did to your lower extremity I hope heals fast. You are a youngster after all. ( relatively speaking )

SE,
Congrats so far!

Wolf good to see ya, I've been gone a few weeks too.

Love all of you. I'll be around. About 38" around!

Be careful what you wish for:

Old 07-08-2020, 11:00 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.
hugs to all who need one.
Have a good day everyone.
Old 07-09-2020, 12:00 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Weather was great at the golf, my game: not so much! Found every patch of rough and bunker ( and believe me that's a lot) on the course! Hubby started calling me Adolf I was in the bunker so much 🤣 lost 2 balls and found one. Had fun though.
Old 07-09-2020, 02:09 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Overs

Toots, glad you had a sorta good game. Sounds like you’ve got all the good weather in the UK.

Itchy, good to see you. You let her go to see what she did. Bad and experimental purposes too, of course

SE, I’m glad you’re managing to catch up with your sleep, wonderful nana. Best wishes at your appointment.

Hope everyone is well. FriYaY is here, oh no it isn’t it’s Thursday. I know it’s Thursday.

Have a good one my friends, stay safe. xxxx

Old 07-09-2020, 03:40 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Excited to be invited on my favorite radio show tomorrow night to talk music and the 50th Anniversary of our publishing company. Should be fun. I'll have to take a nap, as we'll be live from 10pm-midnight Friday night!

Have a Thunderous Thursday, overs!
Old 07-09-2020, 04:24 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

FBL, that’s awesome!

Mags, every day is FriYaY for us :-)

Toots, ah, the bunker lady.... glad you had fun anyway.

Hi Andy, I always enjoy so Backatcha!

Itchy, living in it perhaps? I’ve also heard that the maintenance on all electric cars is way less .... The kitty pic is adorable. Yours?

Suze, feel better soon!

have a good day to all.

Old 07-09-2020, 05:32 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

What show love? It would be awesome to listen in. s
Old 07-09-2020, 06:41 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  
Magsie

Originally Posted by Saskia View Post
FBL, that’s awesome!

Mags, every day is FriYaY for us :-).
Sassy, so true, FriYaY and FBL’s radio show.
Old 07-09-2020, 07:41 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

SE, glad you and Little Bean are doing so well!

Itchy, I love your garage antics! Your SH, probably not so much!

Have fun with the show FBL!

Best wishes for a good day all!
Old 07-09-2020, 03:13 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Hi Overs -

he he. We have a long way to go until Lil Bean is an avocado. Even though it’s grown something crazy like 10,000x in size already, it’s still only the size of a rasberry. itty bitty.

Purps - I forgot to say hi to you and congrats on the new job!

itchy - glad you are enjoying your wheels!

FBL - yay! So cool. Have fun!

Toots - oh dear. That sounds like a rough game (with a rough crowd!) it’s like they designed those features just for you! Some days....

last night was rough, and I slept for a bit on the bathroom floor so that I could be closer to my friend the potty. Bleh, so much of this is like the hell that is drinking (except that I’ll have something positive to show for it at the end).

One day at a time....I’ll get through this.

Old 07-09-2020, 03:16 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

But yes, I’m thrilled that baby is doing well!!!!

& thx for all the congrats for making it this far!
Old 07-09-2020, 09:13 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Overs

SE Yaaay for baby doing well, just wish Momma’s sickness would go.

I’m going to see my step mum later, it’s her 94th birthday today. I’ve got my visor (face shield) mask and hand sanitizer. I want to be safe for everyone. Bit apprehensive but being very aware and safe.

Have a Good Friday my friends, stay safe and take care. xxxx
Old 07-09-2020, 10:56 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.
We have Sun!
Old 07-10-2020, 12:57 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Toots,
You're a hoot. You and hubster sound like a fun couple to be, or be around!

Mags,
Yep!

FBL,
Happy 50th. Hope your show went well.

Sassy,
Try no maintenance. We have to call for free road service for flats as there is no way to tow it or free wheel it like other cars. So no spare. Or tire tools. We are bringing the Forester in for its 18 month oil and filter change, all maintenance free for two years including wiper blades. All car functions are recorded by LTE WiFi. They have Tesla streaming music with some great classic rock mixes. Broadband is free the first year and pretty much ~ $100.00 a year after. Yes little to no maintenance, electricity is much cheaper than gas per mile by far, and Colorado has quite a few incentives like a $4k tax credit and more I am finding. I just got my registration paperwork yesterday. Now I wait a week or so for masks to be mandatory so it is safe to go out to the DMV. This is the first car I added collision insurance to since I never make payments so no lien to allow a lender to demand full coverage. But this car is so fast I'm being very cautious. I even added that to the Forester. I'm getting soft in my retirement.

Star!
Lol! She actually has a great sense of humor. Now she's convinced she is under surveillance because it hums and clicks and she's convinced I'm doing it. In 1977 in San Antonio Texas I told her one night I was going to run down to the store and pick up some cigarettes. Everyone was in bed so I got the battery operated robot toy out that stood about 18" tall and walked, swinging its arms, while its eyes glowed menacingly red. I put it at the end of the hall turned it on and left it walking toward the bedroom area. When I returned it was still going on its side, and no one to be found. My wife terrified was in the bedroom with my oldest, then three. Turns out she didn't go see but sent my son down to check it out while she hid behind the door. When I told her I'd set it up, she was really embarrassed for sending a toddler out to clear the hall. Most of the time she jumps because she thinks I sneak up on her, but I don't usually, she just startles easily and runs in place pumping arms like she's boxing.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. BTW It is white with the chrome blacked out so since it looked like one I named it Storm Trooper. My SH made me sleep with the lights on for a year in 1973 after seeing "The Exorcist."

Andy,
Glad for your sunny day.

I'm glad our little group keeps on keeping on like a bunch of Energizer bunnies!
Night!
Old 07-10-2020, 04:26 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Good morning!

i am officially jealous, Itchy.

Have a great day to all!
Old 07-10-2020, 04:29 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Wishing everyone a happy Kitten Day

Old 07-10-2020, 07:10 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing your bean news SE. My thoughts and prayers remain with you.
Good to see you Itch.
As else where- life ticks along here. The border with Victoria (I am in South Oz) is closed- with police and possibly army people monitoring it. Some people seem to think all this stuff just not apply to them. Victoria is in what could be defined as an unofficial second wave.
Very lucky here, regardless.
Old 07-10-2020, 11:42 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Overs

Itchy, your Tesla sounds a dream. There’s certainly some benefits to driving an electric car. Hubby is keen to have one, eventually.

Yesterday's visit went ok to my step mum’s. She loves her food and flowers so that’s what we gifted her for her birthday. I noticed she lives in the present, a gift I didn’t find until sober a few years. It’s a good place to be, the present.

Have a good Saturday my friends. Sun is shining here, I think we’re going to have a sunny weekend. xxxx
Old 07-11-2020, 12:32 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.
Just kicking back, watching 'my' birds and drinking my coffee.
Old 07-11-2020, 04:07 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Checking in ~ Hi everyone

Trying to enjoy relaxing but also get up and be productive....hair appointment later and shopping with my sister....(my spending + coffee addiction continues, lol)