Notices

Class of May 2020 Part 3

Old 05-22-2020, 09:46 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Sending you so much love dear Mysti. s xx ❤️
The memory box is a beautiful thing to do.
Old 05-22-2020, 09:56 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Morning/afternoon! Start of day 8 here for me. Welcome to the class, redfalcon!
Old 05-22-2020, 10:02 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Hell dear Daria. ❤️
Old 05-22-2020, 10:31 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Hi Venus! Thanks for the the reference Mystified! I think it's important we just 'vent' our frustration on an anonymous web forum. We are all struggling, know what I mean?
Old 05-22-2020, 10:47 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mystified View Post

Perhaps we need Mulder and Scully to investigate?
Two of my favorite dorks.
Old 05-22-2020, 10:56 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

What is everyone up to today? I overslept, again, and should really get up and get some cleaning done, but I'm still moving slowly. No major plans here other than hopefully be some sort of productive around the house and maybe watch some more Narcos. Ready to start season 3 of that so the post-Pablo Escobar era. Also, Wagner Moura was FANTASTIC as Escobar. Amazing performance.
Old 05-22-2020, 11:05 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Hi Daria, I'm half way through Season 1 already! Have you watched Narcos Mexico? Some say it is even better than the original series.

Great idea FF

Sounds a positive day myst

Agree with you WL

7pm here. Had a very lazy day. Had a 30 min nap this afternoon Venus, very unlike me! Hope you are ok. Just had home made crab cakes yummy

Not much else going on. Hope everyone ok
Old 05-22-2020, 11:08 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ReadyAtLast View Post
Hi Daria, I'm half way through Season 1 already! Have you watched Narcos Mexico? Some say it is even better than the original series.
I have not yet, just working my way through the OG series. I may check it out even though no Pedro Pascal in it. lol

ETA: Also, YUM to crab cakes.
Old 05-22-2020, 12:43 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

New TV show called "Little Fires Everywhere" with Reece Witherspoon, Kerry Washington and Joshua Jackson....already excellent in the first five minutes. Not sure where it is airing....in the UK Prime has it, but not here, it's Hulu but I don't know what cable services include that.

Old 05-22-2020, 12:57 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
New TV show called "Little Fires Everywhere" with Reece Witherspoon, Kerry Washington and Joshua Jackson....already excellent in the first five minutes. Not sure where it is airing....in the UK Prime has it, but not here, it's Hulu but I don't know what cable services include that.
Hulu is its own service similar to Netflix, so not included in any cable plans (other than Hulu also offers their own streaming cable service now also).
Old 05-22-2020, 01:05 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

I could write a novel about how all the various subscriptions annoy me. lol Like we went from having just cable and internet, to now we have internet, streaming cable service (YouTube TV), plus subscriptions to Netflix, Prime, HBO, Disney+, and we pay for subscriptions to things like Starz and Showtime periodically when we want to watch something there. Oh yes, and I also give money to PBS, so we have access to their PBS Passport streaming service. We used to have Hulu, but at some point when I went back to school I had to start downsizing what we were paying for. In the end, we're not paying any less than we did for a bundled cable plan and likely more. I just feel like I'm getting nickle and dimed to watch things.
Old 05-22-2020, 01:06 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

I know, but it is on Prime in the UK, so

So that's not fair then. Hmm.
Old 05-22-2020, 01:08 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

When I was growing up in the UK we just had 3 channels then Channel 4 started in the early 80s. 4 channels was amazing! And if you wanted to watch the next episode of a programme you had to wait till it was on the following week! Jr RAL can't believe it when I tell him
Old 05-22-2020, 01:12 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ReadyAtLast View Post
When I was growing up in the UK we just had 3 channels then Channel 4 started in the early 80s. 4 channels was amazing! And if you wanted to watch the next episode of a programme you had to wait till it was on the following week! Jr RAL can't believe it when I tell him
I was actually pretty lucky as a kid that we pretty much always had cable as far back as I can remember, and often HBO as well. For a good chunk of my 20s, I fluctuated between having cable and not depending on if I could get a package deal I could afford, but I always had to cancel it after the introductory period was over b/c $$$.
Old 05-22-2020, 01:13 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

I know, but it is on Prime in the UK, so

So that's not fair then. Hmm.
This is another weird/annoying thing, what you get on various services is determined by region/country. My friend in Mexico often can't watch the same stuff I can on Netflix here.
Old 05-22-2020, 01:16 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Yeah.....it's expensive for sure. I have YouTube TV and Prime and add a channel here or there to watch something (occasionally).
Old 05-22-2020, 01:20 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

We have Sky TV, Netflix.I tend to see what's on for the week ahead then record stuff and do series link. Never watch anything live apart from the neews but always have something on Sky box to watch. Mr RAL tends to retire very early in the evening as gets up about 6am. I stay up and get control of the remote control

Just realised it is Friday night and we are all sober. Go us

Sober Saturday tomorrow
Old 05-22-2020, 01:22 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Yeah.....it's expensive for sure. I have YouTube TV and Prime and add a channel here or there to watch something (occasionally).
I didn't mean to make Disney+ permanent, we got it to watch The Mandalorian last year, but then I kept forgetting to canx it. lol Oops. Can't canx it right now b/c they're doing a behind the scenes series for that show that we're watching, plus Hamilton (original cast) is gonna hit Disney+ in July, I think? I also need to canx Starz now that the recent season of Outlander is over. HBO I've kept b/c I love John Oliver too much to give him up.
Old 05-22-2020, 01:25 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

There is an awesome new show on Starz.....first ep was free. It's called HighTown.

It is about recovery.....but I guess the first episode might be triggering for some of us. s xxx
Old 05-22-2020, 01:49 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

I hope you didn't have a hard time at the grocery store, Citrus. I had that problem yesterday. It was brief but a good reminder to me that my AV is still active.
Freedom, that is a great thing you did. It will help you, and also it shows you're really serious. Not that you haven't been all along, I know you have, but this really points it up.
I had a very productive morning. I feel good about it. I had more energy than usual and only took about a ten minute nap. I cut Charley's hair. He looks cute. I use oatmeal dog shampoo, Venus. You asked that way back, I just remembered. I also put a bit of vitamin e oil in the bathwater to help with the mats.
I love the black-eye Susans! I wish I had planted some. Maybe it's not too late. It's really just now getting warm here.
Yes, Friday nights sober are the best!
I have a hard time keeping up with the thread, too, Wasting. I don't worry about it except that sometimes I think someone may have needed a response to what they said and I missed it, or worse yet we all did. But, that's the price of having such a great big sober active group, and I love that. If we get forgotten with something important, we can just post it again and say, "What do you think about that, class?" or something similar.
See you all later!