Notices

Class of May 2020 Part 3

Old 05-22-2020, 05:27 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Welcome Recovery! Hang out here with us this weekend and stay sober. Then, on Monday you will have a totally different day than you had last Monday. The first days are hard, I hope yours go easy.
Mystified, that does sound spooky. Do you live near another house where the music could have been playing?
Freedom, you are risking your life drinking while taking antabuse. Even if it doesn't kill you, it can cause terrible damage. Should you call your doctor and tell him you need more help? On the last thread, there were some counseling options shared. I'm so glad you're here, and that you are being honest and open with us and posting. But you do need more. Like Dee said, we can use our relapses to show us we need to add more to our recovery plans. Hugs and love to you!
Have a fantastic sober day everyone.
Old 05-22-2020, 05:29 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Good morning Venus!
Old 05-22-2020, 05:48 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Alright. Trying again. Can I join your class people? Not tracking well at all at the moment, but wanting the change
Old 05-22-2020, 05:54 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Good morning (eastern US time) to the May class. It's the morning of Day 30 for me (thanks for the shout-out, RAL). I still have no symptoms that I can definitively tie to abstinence form alcohol. The occasional brief wave of disquietude (anxiety, low spirits) could be this, but could also be this whole COVID thing, separation from family and friends other than the Mister, concern about my 90 year old mother and 96 year old dad who I cannot visit in their assisted living...

I have a Zoom meeting this morning for a volunteer organization I work with (master gardeners) so I'm actually getting out mascara for the first time in quite a while. Don't want to shock anyone in the meeting.

Old 05-22-2020, 06:08 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by redfalcon View Post
Alright. Trying again. Can I join your class people? Not tracking well at all at the moment, but wanting the change
Welcome to the class!
Old 05-22-2020, 06:44 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Welcome Redfalcon! I'm glad you're here!
Happy Thirty Days Lilylady! So awesome!!
Old 05-22-2020, 06:48 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Morning all. Woke up feeling great. Ready for my first sober weekend in years.
Old 05-22-2020, 06:49 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Welcome Redfalcon.

Feel very sleepy, Lying on sofa reading probably the worst thing to do but so wild outside so don't want to go for a walk.
Old 05-22-2020, 06:57 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sober369 View Post
Good morning Venus!
Good morning my love

Originally Posted by redfalcon View Post
Welcome back dear redfalcon.....you joined an awesome group.
Sending you love. s ❤️❤️
Old 05-22-2020, 07:01 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hello darling RAL.....I hate it when it's crazy windy.....it unsettles me.
Reading is good....always.....and maybe a 20-minute nap might refresh you?

I am going to have to do that today....I am having such strange dreams.....waking up tired.
I will do some gardening today even if I get soaked....it has rained here for days and days. s ❤️

CONGRATULATIONS DEAR LILY!!! ❤️

Yay Splash......let's do it!!! A lovely sober weekend together. Definitely in. s ❤️
Old 05-22-2020, 07:24 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Venuscat, we have rain here today, so my gardening will wait a bit. Right now, my Knock-Out roses are going gangbusters and the lilies are starting to make buds, the sedum foliage is getting quite full, as is the black-eye Susan foliage (our state flower). Knowing a couple of days of rain were coming, the Mister cast out some grass seed late yesterday.
Old 05-22-2020, 07:33 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Even though my name is Suzanne not Susan, I just HAD to look up those flowers.....oh they are so pretty!!!!!

Old 05-22-2020, 08:17 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Good morning class. Looks like it is going to be a rainy stormy day here as well. I'm about to go do some grocery shopping, hoping to have the groceries in before it really hits us.
It is always a temptation to stop and buy beer after grocery shopping, but I feel pretty strong today. I sure don't want a hangover tomorrow. I'll check in when I get home.... or along the way if I am feeling the urge to stop for beer.
Old 05-22-2020, 08:19 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I hope everyone has a great sober weekend

I'm glad you made it back again FF.
Its up to you as to what you're prepared to do.

How it worked for me was every time I relapsed I got a little more open to the idea of trying things I wasn't open to trying before.
I hope it works that way for you and I pray it doesn't take too long - we don't want to lose you, man - you're really pushing the envelope..

D
Ok so I'm trying something new with my parents. When I get paid I'm gonna hand all my money over to them, then ask for it back when I need specific things. Bit drastic but I needed something drastic. Hopefully we'll just have to do this for a few weeks til I build confidence in my sobriety
Old 05-22-2020, 08:46 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I think a member mentioned that it is hard to keep up with all the posts. Don't know how the moderators do it. Hard to remember who's who and what we were talking about!

Great day here in Toronto! Still Don't know what episode of the various tv shows I have been on watching....

Old 05-22-2020, 08:48 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Citrus View Post
Good morning class. Looks like it is going to be a rainy stormy day here as well. I'm about to go do some grocery shopping, hoping to have the groceries in before it really hits us.
It is always a temptation to stop and buy beer after grocery shopping, but I feel pretty strong today. I sure don't want a hangover tomorrow. I'll check in when I get home.... or along the way if I am feeling the urge to stop for beer.
Going with you love. And my phone is on if you need a friend. s ❤️
Old 05-22-2020, 08:52 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Hello dear WL. s xx

And I think that is an awesome idea dear FF!!!! s
Old 05-22-2020, 09:09 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
love is the answer

A bit up and down today.

Homelearning went ok this morning (with a little bribery). I made and posted some masks for a friend and she received them today and was delighted. Helped my other half with admin-type things. Made a memory box with my middle kid for my Mom, we both cried a little bit but it was ok. Just had a lovely hunters chicken with a baked potato for dinner.

It's been another good day today. I feel blessed right now and I'm appreciating the good feelings as they come and trying to accept the sad times with grace as they come too.

Feeling feelings is hard to get used to.

Wishing my classmates a good morning, afternoon or night.

Old 05-22-2020, 09:11 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
love is the answer

Originally Posted by Wastinglife View Post
I think a member mentioned that it is hard to keep up with all the posts. Don't know how the moderators do it. Hard to remember who's who and what we were talking about!.
This
Old 05-22-2020, 09:12 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
love is the answer

Originally Posted by freedomfries View Post
Ok so I'm trying something new with my parents. When I get paid I'm gonna hand all my money over to them, then ask for it back when I need specific things. Bit drastic but I needed something drastic. Hopefully we'll just have to do this for a few weeks til I build confidence in my sobriety
I'm proud of you FF.