Old 05-22-2020, 02:03 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

You sound great Karen. s ❤️

And I only asked about the shampoo yesterday I think. xx
Old 05-22-2020, 02:12 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Coz

Originally Posted by Wastinglife View Post
I think a member mentioned that it is hard to keep up with all the posts. Don't know how the moderators do it. Hard to remember who's who and what we were talking about!

Great day here in Toronto! Still Don't know what episode of the various tv shows I have been on watching....
Yes - this is a really active thread! I logged on this morning and there are three new pages of posts from when I went to bed last night.

Congrats to all for your determination to make this a sober weekend and all the milestones you are reaching. Also great to have new May members to join our group journey to a better place.

Wet over here in Aus today and really cold. Might be a bit of a lazy day, but I do need to keep myself a bit busy - so might paint the wood stove in preparation for having to use it really soon.

Old 05-22-2020, 07:56 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

Originally Posted by Citrus View Post
I sure don't want a hangover tomorrow.
So true!
Simplest reason to not drink that I have seen.
Old 05-22-2020, 07:59 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Sorry if I worried anyone not posting when I got home from the store. I made it safe and sound!
I bought some yarn to start a sweater, as soon as groceries where put away I sat down to knit and carried away working on it. My yongest finally got me to start some white chocolate macadamia nut cookies with him. Then I made a big dinner which we ate while watching Sonic that the yongest begged to rent. It's been a good day. I had a few thoughts of buying beer when my hubby got home, but shot those down pretty quickly.

Glad to see so many of us here and ready for a hangover free, sober Saturday!
Old 05-22-2020, 08:07 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

I don't even know where to start. RAL homemade crabcakes sound amazing! I wanted to make some awhile back but the crab was so expensive I abandoned that idea.

I have every channel it seems but I am still not watching anything 🙁 I always run out of time.

Other than planting a few trees my yard looks horrible. I need to plant flowers but I got behind and scared of stores due to the virus. I was out there watering tonight and wondering what I am going to do. Feels like I am always out of time.

It sounds crazy but I seem to have gotten a lot more done while drinking. I'm not gonna start drinking though.
Old 05-22-2020, 08:24 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

4 tv series aim trying to remember the plot and characters...

Will take me hours and hours! I will just watch Star Wars! That's a straight linear plot for sure
Old 05-22-2020, 08:26 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

I guess I will watch Mandalorian.
Old 05-22-2020, 09:11 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Dropping in to say hello! And goodnight. Zzz from Canada, eh!
Old 05-22-2020, 09:33 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
love is the answer

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Sending you so much love dear Mysti. s xx ❤️
The memory box is a beautiful thing to do.
I'm not sure it was the wisest decision Suze. Not yet anyway. I think perhaps I should have waited a while longer. Middle kid was insistent on helping but was very upset at the time and quiet all day afterwards. He's been affected so much more than the others by the loss of his Nan. I don't know. I thought perhaps it might help him a bit. I think it's made it 10x worse for him. He's only 8 after all. And grief is 'big feelings' for adults, let alone an 8 year old.

I told him it's ok to be sad- we loved her so much, that's why it hurts so bad when we think of her. But that it's ok to be happy and laugh as well, because she wouldn't want us to be upset.

Parenting through grief is hard Suze. That's all.
Old 05-22-2020, 09:35 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
love is the answer

Originally Posted by DariaM View Post
Morning/afternoon! Start of day 8 here for me. Welcome to the class, redfalcon!
Day 8 almost in the bag Daria. You rock!
Old 05-22-2020, 09:41 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
love is the answer

Originally Posted by Wastinglife View Post
Hi Venus! Thanks for the the reference Mystified! I think it's important we just 'vent' our frustration on an anonymous web forum. We are all struggling, know what I mean?
We absolutely do know WL. We do this thing together. One foot in front of the other.

SR is the best place to vent in my opinion. Pretty much everyone here 'gets it' and it never closes.
Old 05-22-2020, 09:47 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
love is the answer

Originally Posted by ReadyAtLast View Post
When I was growing up in the UK we just had 3 channels then Channel 4 started in the early 80s. 4 channels was amazing! And if you wanted to watch the next episode of a programme you had to wait till it was on the following week! Jr RAL can't believe it when I tell him
We're showing our ages RAL

My tribe are utterly astonished when I tell them we used to have to get up out of our chairs to push a button or twiddle a dial to change channel or adjust volume.

A family I knew in the 80's had a coin operated TV. Back then you could rent a really good, posh television set and pay for it with 50p coins that you fed into a meter at the back. They were giant, bulky things back then too, weren't they? Not like the slim, sleek things you hang on the wall like a picture that we have these days.
Old 05-22-2020, 09:50 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
love is the answer

Originally Posted by Sober369 View Post
I have a hard time keeping up with the thread, too, Wasting. I don't worry about it except that sometimes I think someone may have needed a response to what they said and I missed it, or worse yet we all did. But, that's the price of having such a great big sober active group, and I love that. If we get forgotten with something important, we can just post it again and say, "What do you think about that, class?" or something similar.
And nobody will judge you if you post the same things repeatedly. I love that about SR overall.
Old 05-22-2020, 09:51 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Administrator

you did what you did with good intent Mystified.
I hope your little guy will process his grief.

D
Old 05-22-2020, 09:56 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
love is the answer

Originally Posted by Citrus View Post
I sure don't want a hangover tomorrow.
I sure don't either Citrus.
Old 05-22-2020, 10:00 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
love is the answer

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
you did what you did with good intent Mystified.
I hope your little guy will process his grief.

D
We'll get through it together. It's a hard lesson in resilience for a little guy huh? I hope I'm modeling well for him. That's all. Thanks for responding. You always know the right things to say.
Old 05-22-2020, 10:14 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
love is the answer

6am or thereabouts on day 10 over here friends.

It's bright but still a bit blustery in my corner of the world.

I didn't sleep very well last night. So many thoughts tumbling round my head. Every time I turned out the light the movie screen in my head flashed on and started playing back so many mind movies. Does anyone else relate to that? I'm sure you do.

And I did something a little out of my comfort zone yesterday and recorded myself reading a story for my kids' radio station episode. They're not in school right now obviously but I'm a part time staff member there, and the guy who does the weekly school radio station episodes had emailed staff asking for contributions. I'm lunchtime staff so don't have interaction with the children in classrooms, but I wanted to do something for the radio station so the younger listeners might know that I'm thinking of them. I don't like the sound of my voice very much but the reading wasn't about me so I went ahead and did it. Mr 'DJ' emailed me back later in the day thanking me and said he would be using it in this week's episode. I spent a good part of the night analysing my performance as well. <facepalm> Silly really. It's only talking. But I do my best talking in writing. That's all.

Catch up with everyone later. Hope you are all well. Time for coffee.
Old 05-22-2020, 10:39 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

I gave up on trying to keep up on the plots of the shows I was watching. 2003 SARS Concert, Toronto was hit particularly bad by ''SARS'. There was a massive concert with AC/DC and the Rolling Stones that happened here. I bought 15 tickets and brought friends and colleagues. I didn't realize that there would of been 400,000 people. After AC/DC, who completely stole the show, I never saw my friends again!

We were all okay in the end. I went to buy a bottle of water and could never find my friends again because it was such a massive crowd that we were all looking for each other. The girls left to go to portable toilets, and ended up waiting so long.

I missed the Rolling stones entire performance pretty much haha. Didn't see my roommate and co-workers for 3 days!

Old 05-22-2020, 10:44 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Administrator

sounds like a big concert WL

I'm sure the kids appreciate it Mysti

D
Old 05-22-2020, 10:59 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
love is the answer

Some weeks I can't keep the fruit bowl stocked fast enough. Other weeks we have this

Banana loaf it is then.