Notices

Class of May 2020 Part Two

Old 05-17-2020, 10:40 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Tell your son he is way wrong.

I was a housecleaner all of 2013.
And I cannot tell you how many times I did that.

Old 05-17-2020, 10:50 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Haha, I'm glad it's not just me!
I shot a text to our Dr.... he responded to just "flush well" and an "lol".
Old 05-17-2020, 11:15 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  

Old 05-17-2020, 11:22 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  
Samantha

I am back to day 2, despite doing a ton of online AA meetings and readings. I need to find a sponsor and it's sooooo hard. I did ask one person who gave me their number in the chats but unfortunately that won't work out I'm so anxious about this type of thing.
Old 05-17-2020, 11:56 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Hi love.....huge hugs. s

I know, it can be really hard asking someone to sponsor you.
Especially via chat....at least in f2f meetings people put up their hands to offer sponsorship and temporary sponsorship.

Glad you joined this group.....there is a ton of support here. s ❤️❤️
Old 05-17-2020, 12:29 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Flush well!!!!!!!
Old 05-17-2020, 12:49 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

Mystified your meal sounds wonderful. Wish I could have tried all that. Sorry for the loss of your mother.

Just checking in I am still around here lurking. Today its been 4 weeks since I had a drink. Not sure how I got this far honestly. Iam enjoying being sober, but I do miss drinking.

Not gonna drink today though!

I am off to clean my house. I will try not to get any toilet water in my eye 🤣 J/K 🙂

Hope everyone has a great day or night.

Old 05-17-2020, 01:04 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  
Free.

Coz!! Double digits!! So great.
10 days. That’s awesome!
I agree about never wanting to feel those first few days of suffering again. True dat.

TryHarder: Great that you are honest and continue to post.
Trusting my feelings and what was going on in my heart saved me from the relapse cycle I was trapped in. No amount of thinking or mental wrangling would ever set me free. (for me instead of tryharder I had to feel more openly)

If I continue to stay in my heart and not my head I’ll have a chance at sobriety. Sharing sincerely here with friends at SR has been a big part of it as well.

Wishing all SRers a warm, nice, comfortable day.

Old 05-17-2020, 02:11 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  
Coz

Originally Posted by TiredCarpenter View Post
If I continue to stay in my heart and not my head I’ll have a chance at sobriety. Sharing sincerely here with friends at SR has been a big part of it as well.
Beautiful post TC - thanks. Your days sober must be heading towards half a century?
Old 05-17-2020, 03:01 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome citrus and anxiousrock

Congrats on 4 weeks Fallow!

D
Old 05-17-2020, 03:07 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Oooo I missed that you said it was four weeks Fallow.....Congrats love!!!! xxxx ❤️❤️❤️❤️
Old 05-17-2020, 03:27 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Welcome back Citrus! I hope your eye is okay.
Welcome to the May Class anxiousrock! I try to avoid any kind of stress right now. I so understand you wanting a sponsor, though. I'm glad you're here and hope you're feeling okay on day two.
Congrats on four weeks, Fallow! Magnificent! And on ten days, Coz.
Venus, the book is "Untethered Soul" by Michael Singer. I have kept reading it, and it's getting much better. Maybe I just wasn't comprehending the first few chapters. I will try reading them again later. I loved his talk, "Resilience and Surrender in Challenging Times" on youtube and I watch it again every day or two, it helps me so much. But the first part of the book seemed nearly gibberish to me. Like I said, I'll try again later.
It's been a long and lazy day. Going to go watch the sun go down with Charley. I hope everyone is doing well!
Old 05-17-2020, 03:30 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Watching the sun go down with your beautiful doggie sounds perfect Karen. s ❤️

I am glad the book is getting better....I am hopeless like that, I can't persist with a book that starts off badly for me.
Old 05-17-2020, 03:54 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  

I don’t see an FAQ or sticky on what this thread is.

Is this where people who start sobriety in May 2020 check in for a place to give high fives? If so, today is Day 2 for me. I have been drinking craft beers for 10-12 years and frequently too many, as in 4-6 pretty strong ones, every single day. I’ve had elevated enzymes for at least 5 years.

Oddly enough, my doctor, who is an awesome, awesome man, asked me to try an SNRI and it has for some reason decreased my urge to drink. I guess you could say it’s working on my issues that we’re driving me to drink. I’ve tried many over 47 years of battling anxiety and depression. This one made something click.

Anyway, I will be lurking for motivation. I’m sure this is not going to be fun, but I’m mad at myself and sick and tired of it. I really want to change. I figure of all the issues my train wreck of a life involve, stopping alcohol is Step 1. I’m convinced that no matter what I’m making the right choice.

Prayers to you all and thanks for automatically supporting people like me. It really helps to know I’m in a group of strong people who are tired of making wrong choices.
Old 05-17-2020, 04:06 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Welcome aboard, PMAZ. Lots of support here
Old 05-17-2020, 04:23 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  
Coz

Originally Posted by PMAZ View Post
I don’t see an FAQ or sticky on what this thread is.

Is this where people who start sobriety in May 2020 check in for a place to give high fives? If so, today is Day 2 for me. I have been drinking craft beers for 10-12 years and frequently too many, as in 4-6 pretty strong ones, every single day. I’ve had elevated enzymes for at least 5 years.

Oddly enough, my doctor, who is an awesome, awesome man, asked me to try an SNRI and it has for some reason decreased my urge to drink. I guess you could say it’s working on my issues that we’re driving me to drink. I’ve tried many over 47 years of battling anxiety and depression. This one made something click.

Anyway, I will be lurking for motivation. I’m sure this is not going to be fun, but I’m mad at myself and sick and tired of it. I really want to change. I figure of all the issues my train wreck of a life involve, stopping alcohol is Step 1. I’m convinced that no matter what I’m making the right choice.

Prayers to you all and thanks for automatically supporting people like me. It really helps to know I’m in a group of strong people who are tired of making wrong choices.
Hi PMAZ

You are in the right thread! This is a bunch of people that are quitting the booze in May 2020. There are a few here that quit last month and some that have a few years under their belt. It is a pretty active thread and mostly there is someone on line through the day and night.

Congrats on getting through the first day. For me, that was the worst, but still pretty awful for the first few days.

I have no idea what SNRI is, but if it is working - yay!

There are lots of great threads throughout this forum. One of my favourites is 'It gets better' https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ts-better.html (It Gets Better) which I turn to when the withdrawals and recovery seem too hard.

Welcome to the May class! Hope to hear lots about your progress.
Old 05-17-2020, 04:27 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

Welcome PMAZ!

Craft beer fan here too. Unfortunately all of the the things I love/d about craft beers are not changing the fact that one beer led me to the next. I enjoyed the run I had with it at times but I am coming to the realization that I have to put the the beers to bed. And leave them there 🙂

Stick around!
Old 05-17-2020, 04:30 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Welcome from me too dear PMAZ ❤️
Old 05-17-2020, 04:33 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Welcome PMAZ! I hope your early days go easy. You did come to the right place. I hope to see a lot of you here.
I couldn't outlast the sun, mosquitos showed up.
I guess I'm back to finding something on the tube. I would love to have hung out in a big bookstore tonight. I'm glad I'm not, I don't want to get sick, but I am getting a little bored.
Old 05-17-2020, 04:34 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Coz View Post

I have no idea what SNRI is...
Some are antidepressants, some are for ADHD, some are for OCD. There are others. It basically speeds up a part of the brain that for some people functions too slow, for a lack of better words.