# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of April 2020 Part 3

last part here
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...rt-two-17.html
D
Old 04-29-2020, 03:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

How is everyone feeling today? Last day of the month tomorrow- it will be a good thing to start it sober
Old 04-29-2020, 03:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for the update, Dee.
Old 04-29-2020, 05:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Love and goodnight Red and Dee. s

And good morning and afternoon everyone else.
Old 04-29-2020, 05:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ee1979 View Post
How is everyone feeling today? Last day of the month tomorrow- it will be a good thing to start it sober
Feel like hell
I just had my last vape two hours ago. So it's day 0 off nicotine and day 6 off alcohol.

I just want a drink and a vape but I know I can't

How are you?
Old 04-29-2020, 05:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

A bit frustrated, our work Outlook emails have been down since Monday evening. The rest of my colleagues got their emails back this morning and apparently Microsoft are still working on mine! Given the nature of the business I'm in this climate, I'm sure a lot of customers are looking to get in contact with me re COVID testing
Old 04-29-2020, 05:37 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I hope they get your Outlook back soon dear Reid.

Hello dear FF. Maybe it's a bit hard to do both at once?
Just a thought. Or maybe that's the way you need to do it trigger-wise. s
We are all with you every step....you are a fighter. You DO NOT GIVE UP!! s
Old 04-29-2020, 07:06 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Way to go trying to stop the nicotine FF it's a beast. I'm a smoker and would love to stop but am so close to 1 month sober so will try stopping then. Hope everyone is doing well
Old 04-29-2020, 08:58 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

New to Forum

Hi there,
I am new to the forum and would like to join this class if that is OK. My last day of drinking was April 24th and so I am on day 5. Been having wild dreams but not too many other struggles so far.
Thanks
Old 04-29-2020, 09:01 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR and the group dear Oglsby!!
And congrats on 5 days....that is wonderful. s xxx
Old 04-29-2020, 09:33 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I hope they get your Outlook back soon dear Reid.

Hello dear FF. Maybe it's a bit hard to do both at once?
Just a thought. Or maybe that's the way you need to do it trigger-wise. s
We are all with you every step....you are a fighter. You DO NOT GIVE UP!! s
I desperately need to save money so I can't afford a nicotine habit right now. I want to go back to college in September so I need to get tuition fees together.

​​​​​
Old 04-29-2020, 09:40 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Free.

Keep posting and being honest FF. Way to go on 5 days!Yeah, it is tough, but worth it.
Old 04-29-2020, 09:49 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Free.

Hi and welcome Oglsby.

You’ll find much caring and kind sharing of experiences here.SR has been a real treasure for me so far.
Check out this link, you and FF for some ease of mind while going trough the next days of withdrawal. It has really helped me.
https://www.verywellmind.com/is-this...-it-last-80197
Glad you are here with us. Keep up the good fight.

Keep posting.
Old 04-29-2020, 09:51 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Free.

Note to self: do not use apostrophe
Old 04-29-2020, 09:53 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

sry had to bring this to new page so i know its here

Just had a chat with hub, he has given me an idea how i can achieve in keeping more alcohol days to nil. he started first to say, from 1st of may he is going to keep all my alcohol bottles and put money under each one to show me how much i am spending so i can see for myself what i am spending. I suggested that i make a plan which i put up on door like a calendar and pin the money i havent spent on the days i didnt pick up, i think that will be more productive and spur me on more as i saved money when i gave up alcohol and cigs for a year in 2008. Also if i do and i hope not is that yes is to keep the alcohol bottle so it reminds me of what money i lost and also hold me accountable on picking up and it shows me a negative than not caring, thats if u understand what i mean? so i think i am defo up for this challenge, as he himself has been taking himself out for a long walk in the early evening so he doesnt pick up, so if he can do it, so can i.so there it is, just wanted to voice my thoughts on this x
Old 04-29-2020, 10:00 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ee1979 View Post

Doing well. Rainy day here. Rain doesn’t bother me. It can be refreshing to work from home and hear the rain hitting the roof and windows.
April is almost done, wow!
I have learned so much and talked to so many. We are all in this together regardless of where one is at in their journey. It is an absolute treasure to have found SR.Â
Welcome to the new people. Glad to hear from you bwca!
Old 04-29-2020, 10:02 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

im putting this here now, as not sure if anyone will go back to last thread.

Just had a chat with hub, he has given me an idea how i can achieve in keeping more alcohol days to nil. he started first to say, from 1st of may he is going to keep all my alcohol bottles and put money under each one to show me how much i am spending so i can see for myself what i am spending. I suggested that i make a plan which i put up on door like a calendar and pin the money i havent spent on the days i didnt pick up, i think that will be more productive and spur me on more as i saved money when i gave up alcohol and cigs for a year in 2008. Also if i do and i hope not is that yes is to keep the alcohol bottle so it reminds me of what money i lost and also hold me accountable on picking up and it shows me a negative than not caring, thats if u understand what i mean? so i think i am defo up for this challenge, as he himself has been taking himself out for a long walk in the early evening so he doesnt pick up, so if he can do it, so can i.so there it is, just wanted to voice my thoughts on this x
Old 04-29-2020, 10:05 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 5 Oglsby. And on day six Freedom. I also want to quit smoking! But, I still have some alcohol cravings so I think I'll do like Someday and quit at 30 days. That's only a week away!
Reid, that sounds terribly frustrating. I hope they get it fixed fast. For your sake and for the folks needing covid testing.
I'm having a nice, peaceful day. Worked in the yard with my grandson and then puttered around outside for a while. I love being out in nature. I'm growing lettuce, argula, beans, radishes, tomatoes, squash, tabasco peppers, cilantro and green peppers. I'll be able to make my own salsa, which is really good because the teenagers in my house can eat a jar a day.
I now want to start some flowers and maybe a couple of shrubs. When it gets too hot to be outdoors, I'll start working on the inside of the house. I hope to be able to sell once the economy gets better. So, I have plenty of time.
Old 04-29-2020, 10:07 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Thank you very much!

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Welcome to SR and the group dear Oglsby!!
And congrats on 5 days....that is wonderful. s xxx
Old 04-29-2020, 10:09 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I think just keeping the bottles would do it for me. Having to look at all that poison that I put into my body. Add the money underneath, and wow. It would help me a lot. Without a doubt dear Erratic. s

You are a whirlwind dear Karen. And yum, except for cilantro/coriander which I am completely allergic to. Also mint. If you want to see my pass out, just hold them under my nose. He he.